Zero Punctuation: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor - Mordoooooor

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
So if Mordor was named for wanting more doors, and Gondor was named after discovering those doors were gone, what was Erebor named after?

Addendum_Forthcoming

Queen of the Edit
Feb 4, 2009
Is it weird to spend a good 10 minutes imagining an orc in a boring pastel office shirt, typing into a laptop and asking people about how much money they spent on washing work gear each year?

Zydrate

Apr 1, 2009
I'm glad he liked something while still addressing a few issues. I concur with some of the gripes, but I still enjoy it.
I just need a better system for it to run on.

Saika Renegade

Nov 18, 2009
I am oddly pleased by the fact that he dry-heaved the colon preceding the subtitle, as well as his throat falling asleep mid-backstory.

"Lots of tits and throat slitting" sounds like an apt description of Velvet Assassin.

I am also bizarrely entertained by the way he said 'by me' at the end.

I must admit, this whole idea that I actually have to sit down and truly study the enemy? Keep an eye on them and conduct proper espionage as part of gameplay? I could really get behind that.

Notshauna

May 12, 2014
I just can't get interested I literally look at the main character for a second and end up bored. I'm sorry but, can you at least try and come up with a main character that isn't the result of an explosion at the generic factory.

Antonio Torrente

Feb 19, 2010
This will be kinda off topic but, I think I just heard sirens in the background check 00:33-00:45. It's louder during the black nativity play sequence.

templar1138a

Dec 1, 2010
That sounds like a fun game. Unfortunately, I'm not going to buy it unless Warner Brothers changes their ridiculous policy on gameplay videos of it. I don't make such videos, so that decision is on principle.

wizzy555

Oct 14, 2010
templar1138a said:
That sounds like a fun game. Unfortunately, I'm not going to buy it unless Warner Brothers changes their ridiculous policy on gameplay videos of it. I don't make such videos, so that decision is on principle.
Didn't that policy only apply to pre-release videos? WB have no reason to change it since it no longer applies.

You can make as many critical videos as you like now.

Although granted they shouldn't repeat it next time.

Kingjackl

Nov 18, 2009
I love the reverse-otherkin orc gag! It just conjures up so many wonderful images.

You know, I'm not ragging Yahtzee or anything, but this review was kind of predictable. I had a feeling he would criticise the generic plot, but praise the nemesis system because it's "organic". He uses the term "organic" so often nowadays, hearing it pop up in a review is basically short-hand for "this is going in my top 5".

Flammablezeus

Dec 19, 2013
Why do people keep saying there are no difficulty options? This game certainly has them. They're in the options menu where you can disable the HUD elements to make it normal difficulty. It just starts off with them on as a tutorial and lets you go at your own pace. I actually liked that, although they should probably be off by default since so many people seem to miss them.

bohemianchic

Oct 18, 2014
Yachters forgot to talk about the QUICKTIME events... would've liked to hear his opinion on those because I think they were executed pretty well in this game. The ending was good too, should have been maybe a bit more challenging though. Shame the WB PR f'd up.

softclocks

Mar 7, 2014
This game is incredible!

I'm running it on a shitty laptop so it lags whenever I fight 6-7 orcs or more, which makes for really realistic battles. It's almost possible to win larger battles without kiting them around and stealthing/elf-shotting.

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
Hawki said:
So if Mordor was named for wanting more doors, and Gondor was named after discovering those doors were gone, what was Erebor named after?
The doors were installed incorrectly.

My name is JACK

Aug 10, 2014
Yahtzee, I'm looking at the title on the box art. No colon is visible in the title between earth and shadow. The vomit was therefore unwarranted. Please redact.

Dragonheart57

Jun 13, 2011
My name is JACK said:
Yahtzee, I'm looking at the title on the box art. No colon is visible in the title between earth and shadow. The vomit was therefore unwarranted. Please redact.
The colon is implied. It's also spelled with one everywhere else, including the video title.

mrdude2010

Aug 6, 2009
Loved the last part of the credits.

I wonder if someone already invested in LOTR would have the same problems with the story. I wonder what level of involvement it would take to avoid having problems with the story. Yahtzee has probably at least seen the main trilogy, but could you get by if you'd read it and the The Hobbit, or would you need to have a decent understanding the of "The Silmarillion?" It still sounds like a lot of fun either way, and it's definitely nice to get away from the whole
go to new place-> enter new place -> find increasingly contrived reasons to get caught in a courtyard and fight off some orcs and maybe a troll -> have door mysteriously open right after all the enemies die
thing that LotR: War in the North had going on. Talion actually sounds a lot like Eradan.