Zero Punctuation: Mortal Kombat

Yahtzee Croshaw

Aug 8, 2007
Mortal Kombat

This week, Zero Punctuation reviews Mortal Kombat, if he isn't dragged away by the Australian government first.

Watch Video

CharrHearted

Aug 20, 2010
I didn't like this one. Not that I take your reviews seriously but you might be dragging people down.

Eddy-16

Jan 3, 2011
Good review, so when will you be reviewing Mario Kart Wii.... Yeah I bet you thought I'd forgotten XD.

UFriday

Nov 9, 2009
Dammit, I was expecting Brink.
Still a BLOODY hilarious review, though.
Love the part with the drunk bar argument.

Cyrax023

Jun 27, 2009
i liked Soul Caliber more, but that's only because it had Nightmare (though cyrax is my favorite obviously... i wish his backstory wasnt crap).

iLikeHippos

Jan 19, 2010
Hehehe. It's banned in Australia and you publish a video off you criticizing it? Hmmmmm...

So long as it can't relate to you playing it, but than again that would be unprofessional.

Sticky Squid

Dec 30, 2010
I forgot Yahtzee was British and by genetics had to watch at least one episode of each doctor who series.

Petromir

Apr 10, 2010
Fairly sure the answer to the who woul;d win a massive fight between efeveryone was;

Mr Rogers in a bloodstained sweater!

Kallix

Oct 13, 2010
Yahtzee nailed it on the head with the x-rays. I don't mind gore in video games, and they were fine the first time you watched them, but they got so boring so quickly. The reason fatalities worked in previous games was because you only saw them at the end of the fight, and then only if you knew the right button combo - and most fighters had multiple ones to choose from.

Being able to do the x-ray slow motion moves mid-fight meant that you got bored of watching it after about 3 fights with the same character. Slow motion gore is for after the fight, not to suddenly stop me playing every 10 seconds to make me watch something I've seen 20 times already.

May 5, 2010
Henkie36 said:
Another great review.
Huh, I see you've perfected the time machine. I mean, that's the only way you could possibly watch a roughly 5-minute video in time to comment on it only one minute after it was posted...right?

OT:...What's wrong with the new Dr. Who?

Random berk

Sep 1, 2010
Meh. Never was a major fan of these fighting games anyway. I liked Deadliest Warrior the game though.

Doug Walter

Feb 15, 2010
Excellent as usual. I wish I could say that I've at least tried out the new Mortal Kombat, since it looked decent for a re-release.