Zero Punctuation: Ni No Kuni 2

Morthasa

Jun 22, 2011
I find that doctored Bill Clinton face to be wierdly very amusing.
Kept me chuckling throughout the whole review

RJ Dalton

Aug 13, 2009
"The conspicuously absent Studio Ghibil animated cutscenes."
Well, then what the fuck's the point? >.>

Alienmen1

May 14, 2008
Took me like a couple of second just to swallow the plot of the game...
I was expecting a joke from Yahtzee, but really... The US president get younger and drop his pistol for a godamn sword... and the citizen elected him?

Darth_Payn

Aug 5, 2009
Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit a minute: is this game leading to a twist where we overthrow one tyrant to install another? Far Cry 4 already did that!
Morthasa said:
I find that doctored Bill Clinton face to be wierdly very amusing.
Kept me chuckling throughout the whole review
I'm now recalling a line of his from The X-Presidents: "I did not have sexual relations with that woman, but I WILL fuck you up!"

Oh, and speaking of Far Cry, I watched Yahtzee's review of 5 before this, and it dawned on me: did he move to America, and somewhere in the San Francisco Bay Area in particular? He says "Bay Area" like it's the only one that matters in the whole country, and used the San Francisco Chronicle in a sight gag.

Catfood220

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 21, 2010
I'm not sure how he found himself under levelled. Just by walking about fighting the enemies, I ended up so over powered that almost every confrontation is a piece of piss, including the bosses. They get a bit harder towards the end, but never much of a challenge. The only times I've actually died is trying to take on a Tainted Monster that is too high a level for me.

But having said that, I quite like Ni No Kuni, its not Persona 5 good, but it is still enjoyable enough. Yeah, the kingdom building is not terribly deep, but it is somehow satisfying to stick a bunch of people into dead end jobs with no chance of promotion or escape.

Zetatrain

Sep 8, 2010
Country
United States
Darth_Payn said:
Oh, and speaking of Far Cry, I watched Yahtzee's review of 5 before this, and it dawned on me: did he move to America, and somewhere in the San Francisco Bay Area in particular? He says "Bay Area" like it's the only one that matters in the whole country, and used the San Francisco Chronicle in a sight gag.
He moved to the US back in 2016 but I have no idea what city or state.

moosemaimer

Apr 14, 2011
Zetatrain said:
Darth_Payn said:
He mentioned being close to Hollywood (well, the US entertainment industry) in some old streams so I'm guessing California.

Also the only way this could possibly be a more Japanese take on things would be adding giant robots and WHAT THE HELL IS THAT

Darth_Payn

Aug 5, 2009
moosemaimer said:
Zetatrain said:
Darth_Payn said:
He mentioned being close to Hollywood (well, the US entertainment industry) in some old streams so I'm guessing California.

Also the only way this could possibly be a more Japanese take on things would be adding giant robots and WHAT THE HELL IS THAT

Wow. Just, wow. That is American as BALLS.
Oh, and I watched his Twitch stream and he said he's somewhere in NorCal. Maybe he does live near San Francisco, given how he joked about the traffic in WATCH_DOGS 2.

Steve the Pocket

Mar 30, 2009
Darth_Payn said:
Dunno, man, I'm from the middle of nowhere, and even I think Frisco when I hear "the Bay Area". In fact, I couldn't tell you off the top of my head what other US cities have one. I can think of two that have harbors but that's as close as it gets.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
Fuck me if that plot about the President of the US going to fantasy land didn't sound really kick ass.

Moagim

Aug 6, 2011
Does the game ever explain why President Clinton transforms into President Walken when he gets teleported to anime land?

Seriously, am I the only one who thinks Bill Clinton looks strikingly similar to Christopher Walken when you put that anime hair on him?

burnout02urza

Nov 22, 2009
He's absolutely not kidding about the President of the United States part. I thought it was a joke, but no, it's an actual thing. It's such an absolutely bizarre choice, but an awesome one.

Callate

Dec 5, 2008
The President of the United States was transported to fantasy land, de-aged, and... came with a sidearm?

For some reason, it's that last part that has me baffled. I mean, I guess that technically the President could be carrying a sidearm, it just doesn't seem to imply much faith in your Secret Service detail.

OuendanCyrus

Jun 16, 2010
The only JRPG I can play nowadays is the Trails series. Even Persona is failing to hold my interest.
Damn, I want Sen IV so badly.

Karmik

Feb 2, 2011
"Bay Area" goes from San Francisco to Silicon Valley (San Jose). Basically anywhere that touches South San Francisco bay. By the north SF bay you usually say Marin or Berkley.

ToastyMozart

Mar 13, 2012
Alienmen1 said:
Took me like a couple of second just to swallow the plot of the game...
I was expecting a joke from Yahtzee, but really... The US president get younger and drop his pistol for a godamn sword... and the citizen elected him?
He does drop a line in the ensuing fight about not having much ammunition for it, so odds are he wants to save the rest for emergencies. Can't exactly imagine that the Ghibli-esque fantasy world is brimming with .40 S&W

Though it does strike me that him being low after a single shot would imply he was on a road trip back home after having already iced some motherfuckers before getting nuked, which is rather amusing.