Zero Punctuation: Ninja Gaiden 2

Kenkaku

Nov 7, 2007
Let me just get it out of the way before more uninspired 'good one' posts appear that I want Yahtzee to go back and watch some of his very first ZP/FR videos. I was wondering what was so different, in a bad way, about his latest films and I discovered that it's because he went from a very proper and professional sounding critic to an angry videogame nerd... and we already have one of those.

Essentially, he should stop yelling and sounding so excited as much as he should just sound like a carefree reviewer.

If you don't believe me, watch this video again, then watch the Heavenly Sword video.

Surggical_Scar

Feb 13, 2008
Kenkaku said:
Let me just get it out of the way before more uninspired 'good one' posts appear that I want Yahtzee to go back and watch some of his very first ZP/FR videos. I was wondering what was so different, in a bad way, about his latest films and I discovered that it's because he went from a very proper and professional sounding critic to an angry videogame nerd... and we already have one of those.

Essentially, he should stop yelling and sounding so excited as much as he should just sound like a carefree reviewer.

If you don't believe me, watch this video again, then watch the Heavenly Sword video.
My sentiments exactly - criticism, not trolling, please.

bluerahjah

Mar 5, 2008
ba dum tish - That pretty much surmises the entire game, it's just Team Ninja going "Ha ha, you buy more game of ninja guy doing same thing as last time. We make more money"

Mischiviktus

Aug 6, 2008
Couldn't ask for a more entertaining and bluntfully true review. HOWEVER, I'm suprised and unhappy you forgot to mention the jackassery of Team Ninja of adding 3 new sets of costumes for 200 points each, when they should of bundled it all together for 200 points, or add the suits as unlockables to the Mission Mode or something.

gamerdude4eva

Jul 31, 2008
honestly...you don't think money could have changed it???

Sixties Spidey

Elite Member
Jan 24, 2008
as always, brilliant! I thought Ninja Gaiden II was an amazing game, but i think something was missing from it. Camera was yeah... shit, but beats the fuck outta Alone in the Dark! NOW REVIEW DARK SECTOR! that was a shit game!

Dom Camus

Sep 8, 2006
The CIA uniforms were a nice touch.

Not so keen on the closing analogy. I prefer a bit of funny with my offensive.

Hungryfreak

May 24, 2008
For once, I disagree with you, Yahtzee. Pirates aren't the best. Vikings and zombies are, haha.

I haven't bought the game yet, so I can't judge the review otherwise, really, but it was comedic as usual and change from my boring life, again, as usual.

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
Another fun review, although I love the game he is indeed right about the camara, and the REALLY ANNOYING exploding shurikens in the later levels. If you want to see them coming you need some kind of super-human/Spiderman-ish precognition so you can actually block them. The camara is indeed very dodgy, and the camara controll is really clunky. The only peice of bullshit in this review is ofcourse the part about the limbs, I mean come on he's a highly skilled uber ninja with weapons that can slice a hair in 2.
The difficulty by the way, is indeed...strange. Some bosses are véry easy (usually meaningless mid-level bosses) and other bosses are so hard it gets scary. By the way, on the lower difficulties the game isn't that hard, when you get the hang of some combo's (and you'll never master about 2/3th of every weapon's combo's). I can only imagine the hardest difficulty mode though...
All in all I only missed 1 thing, and that's the option to replay any chapter you like when you finished the game like in Yathzee's lover Half Life 2. Mainly because it's a pain in the ass if you want to raise your Karma Score of say chapter 11. First you have to gét to chapter 11. And ofcourse, some levels are just pure fun to do over and over and over again, like 1 of the last levels where you're confronted with an endless (endless yes, untill you move up some door) stream of enemy ninja's. Combine that with the biggest scythe you've ever seen, and you've got the best anger management ever. But to bad: that option isn't there.

StatikShock

Mar 18, 2008
Pirates are best? Pfft. Vikings are better than pirates OR ninjas. (And while Zombies are cool HungryFreak... Vikings still win.) Oh, and Vikings are better than Robots too.

Also, Vikings are the OG Pirates.

Side note: If you even so much as THINK about the horrid movie Pathfinder... I will hunt you down and (insert your choice of painful torture here).

risingphoenix

Jul 16, 2008
Dom Camus said:
Not so keen on the closing analogy. I prefer a bit of funny with my offensive.
I'm going to have to agree with this, the final analogy was a little over the top with not a lot of funny.
I really enjoyed Damsel Du Jour.

crisissuit3

May 11, 2008
well, you have been hitting on lucas for like the past what, 3, 4 videos? first gay jokes, then lucas, whats next?

awesome review.

Windu23

Aug 6, 2008
Don't forget the Ninja Gaiden arcade game back in the late 80s that started all this travesty. I miss games that weren't really played just to be played, but played to say "I beat that." Screw the experience. I want a game that'll kick my ass if I don't know anything about it.

emytzu

Apr 6, 2008
Finally Yahtzee decided to review thi awsome game, but just one thing, what's whit the Cliffy B part?

ElArabDeMagnifico

Dec 20, 2007
Why does he use the Resident Evil series "numbering" as an analogy when Armored Core is a much easier target?

About the review, I thought it was ok, dunno, just didn't find it that funny.

Mythbhavd

May 1, 2008
Yahtzee said:
Fun Fact: Ninja Gaiden was specifically designed by Japanese developers to appeal to Western audiences, and I'm not sure whether that says more about them or us.
Apparently, it says that we want huge boobs, lots of blood, and quick action in a game with little or no creativity going into making a great game.

Equally apparent, they're greedy and lazy enough to give it to us.

Eagle Est1986

That One Guy
Nov 21, 2007
Awesomeness, much better to have a review about just one game than trying to cover the trailers for a few.