Zero Punctuation: Ninja Gaiden 2

Goenitz

Jul 22, 2008
Mythbhavd said:
Yahtzee said:
Fun Fact: Ninja Gaiden was specifically designed by Japanese developers to appeal to Western audiences, and I'm not sure whether that says more about them or us.
Apparently, it says that we want huge boobs, lots of blood, and quick action in a game with little or no creativity going into making a great game.

Equally apparent, they're greedy and lazy enough to give it to us.
Sounds about right...

Sayvara

Oct 11, 2007
Meh... mediocre review by ZP standards. Mostly just bile... nothing really solid to chop up into little bits... no funny quote-worthy lines.

I miss the days when he ripped off copyrighted music. Surely that must have constituted Fair Use. *sigh*

/S

lordsandro

Aug 6, 2008
Well Ninja Gaiden has always been for HARDcore gamers. But that is what most of the fans of the game want. I haven't played the secound game but i played the first on one of my friends
console. I have verry clear memory how the game make me fight 3 bosses in a row. 3 fucking hours later i managed go kill them....and i felt fucking great. And that is what Ninja Gaiden was all about. To use the best fighting sistem ever made and to use it at it's maximum.
I hoped that Ninja Gaiden 2 will cotinue the tradition. It seems Yahtzee have found some problems, but he seemed to like it, so I think that the game great.
Also you may try the first game. The release for Xbox to be exact. It is bug free. And the Tits are there too :D.

Fratboy

Jul 16, 2008
haha "Demons over there. Kill they ass."
indeed, the best gaming advice int he world

Ickabod

May 29, 2008
nice review, something to look forward to on Wednesdays. As for him getting angrier... I think it's more that he's fed up with what developers push out that is supposed to be the next coming of Christ when it's just a prettier game with the same old BS. Basically he is saying "developers, step it up." His comments on E3 were great, just be prepared to be let down.

All that being said I so hope he does Spore once it's out.

Treblaine

Jul 25, 2008
Yahtzee delivers another entertaining and competent review though doesn't bring much more insight as other reviews, he picks up on all the foibles that other reviews have noticed such as the difficulty, cheap death or camera issues. He makes it clear that this is no Portal or Psychonauts, but is it good and how is it good?

Ultimately, my meta-review (the review of the review) is that it was good to watch for Yahtzee's witty banter but brings me no closer to deciding whether to get the game or not, so in that respect it fails as I normally rely on him to provide a different perspective on games. This ends up more like a commentary on the gaming than the game itself.

IridRadiant

May 31, 2008
Woot! Zelda got upgraded to "... applesauce"! Now I wonder what he thinks of the D&D games...

Entertaining video, though I agree with the above about the older videos being somewhat better. His pacing has become emphatic over the original near-monotone and there are less split second jokes (the ones you watch the video at least twice to make sure you got all of them). I've never played any of the Ninja Gaiden games, but at least now I have the gist of it.

Wizards would blow Vikings, or Pirates, out of their boats and into the turbid waters.

Thanks Yahtzee!

Tumbler360

Nov 28, 2007
Hmm, k, lets see how many times this needs to reload before the whole video loads.

Wow it loaded. After 7 trys. I guess that is progress. Typically it never works until tommorrow for me!

Great review. HOOOORAAAAHHH - poof. That had me LOL.

HadesWTF

Jun 4, 2008
That was very good I laughed quite a bit. Playing all the way through this one personally I knew everything you were talking about. Very lolz worthy.

And I guess I'm the only person who got the impression you liked this game.

tooktook

Feb 13, 2008
ElArabDeMagnifico said:
Why does he use the Resident Evil series "numbering" as an analogy when Armored Core is a much easier target?

About the review, I thought it was ok, dunno, just didn't find it that funny.
I know what you mean. He's just one man, and one man can only be funny for so long. I barely smiled once.

Archedgar

May 7, 2008
LOL at the end "Watashi wa kawaii desu ne"

Anyway, I loved Ninja Gaiden 1 and 2 on the NES, I thought the new one was good and hoped the sequel would follow suit. Apparently it isn't great but is definitely aimed at me(hardcore old gamers, woo hoo).

Great review, finally Yahtzee is getting back on track. All he needs now is to bring back his song choices.

Stabby Joe

Jul 30, 2008
I like a challenge but of course I've heard the game is hard then just plain cheating at times... and given when I get frustrated I GET FRUSTRATED I probably won't buy NG2. The only time I like cheating AI is in strategy games... don't know why actually...

VonBlade

Mar 12, 2008
Superb. Made me laugh out loud for first time in a while. As opposed to gently sniggering to myself.

AlissaX70

Apr 24, 2008
I figured if he liked Painkiller, he'd love NG2...
I liked the game, but what he said was basically true... But lets face it: any time you can make an enemy spew blood like a broken fire hydrant when you attack it is simply fantastic. The boobs I can live without (although I didn't think they were any bigger than the whores from Dead or Alive 4).