Zero Punctuation: Ninja Gaiden 2

ZippyDSMlee

Sep 1, 2007
yourkie1921 said:
I understand hes still raging, but the blood is in the water and the cooperate leaches will drain him dry and say 5ish years, 1-2 to get a real show..er...V show(sorry I couldn't help that one ^_~) 1-3 to to be drain dry from the experience, even if he dose not go fully mainstream he will change but change how who knows, for now hes still good enough for my not to get my nazi gamer pantsu in a bunch ^_~.
What do you mean by blood? Putting in an attempt to be funny?
Perhaps, but hes been elevated from a well known reviewer/ranter on a barely mainstream site to a published on TV reviewer/ranter on a simi popular site(focusing on the TV/Xplay showing his stuff, the site is fine and all), the blood (his fame/corporate "standing") is in the water and now its only a matter of time before he burns himself out, albeit he has further to fall than a ok to good TV show like Xplay WAS, what I am getting at is that hes been "made" start the clock! Intros/outros were first to go whats next and how much will be lost before he falls?

yourkie1921

Jul 24, 2008
Perhaps, but hes been elevated from a well known reviewer/ranter on a barely mainstream site to a published on TV reviewer/ranter on a simi popular site(focusing on the TV/Xplay showing his stuff, the site is fine and all),
I know, I watch xplay every tuesday for the preview (I used to watch it every day). I don't think other people advertising him is such a scary thing.
is in the water and now its only a matter of time before he burns himself out, albeit he has further to fall than a ok to good TV show like Xplay WAS, what I am getting at is that hes been "made" start the clock! Intros/outros were first to go whats next and how much will be lost before he falls?
outros are still here. I don't think we can rely on that happening for a while.

AtxAxLoss

Apr 30, 2008
Intended difficulty defending bad design choices? For shame. It's relatively simple to make a game difficult by neglecting to make things work right. The best challenges are difficult because of the design, not in spite of it.

sirdiealot88

Apr 3, 2008
lm2f post=6.67700.606401 said:
i was expecting runescape after the cohan review oh well
I think we'll both be waiting a while for that one lol
Never reli liked the NG series, was a good game on the NES but that doesn't count for anything these days

Jaythulhu

Jun 19, 2008
As hilarious as always, I'm loving the new intro. The only thing I can think of that sucks is that we Aussies have to wait for America to get to wednesday or thursday before the new episode is posted. Damn you America!!!!

Shinkada

Mar 4, 2008
Just a note to all the people whining about this review purely because they liked the game... Deal with it.

Yahtzee had a damn valid point about difficulty VS poor design, even if he could have gone into more depth. No one who played Ninja Gaiden 1 could possibly like 2, because it was better in almost every way. The boss fights were less about luck and more about actually planning a strategy, the balance was mostly more spot on, and the game was harder. Not more bullshit, just harder.

Case in point: The fight/s with Alexei in NG2. They were utter RUBBISH. If you tried to do ANYTHING strategic against him, he'd throw a bunch of projectiles then grapple you in the middle of you dodging or blocking them. It was almost impossible to avoid unless you just plain got lucky.

Now, I must've tried this fight about 50 times before I gave up and went for a Video Walkthrough off Youtube. You know what the strategy was? "Button mash". That's about it. You just get up into his face, spam attacks, and when he teleports, run up to him as quickly as you can and repeat. You can basically stunlock him, and not even take enough damage to need to heal.

NG2 isn't hard. It's just stupid. It still takes just as many tries to beat a stage because you need to get lucky as hell, but you take less damage because of that. It's hard, but in an accessable way. It's hard in a way where a hardcore gamer and a casual gamer would probably have the exact same amount of trouble with it.

And that's why NG2 sucked... Hm... I think I went off-topic a bit.

mrnelsby

Aug 6, 2008
Now now now... while I agree that there is a simplicity to NG2 (and let's just not even touch the "plot"), the game is almost tongue in cheeck about its rediculousness. Frankly, it was fun and not as frustrating as the original. Perfect? Hardly. Still, to say that it "sucked" is a bit of hyperbole.

Jolly Madness

Mar 21, 2008
Seems some reviewers are annoyed by the fact that they've played for an hour of two without actually dying. Tsk tsk, you lost in Ninja Gaiden...

Telanis

Aug 14, 2008
This was the best one in recent memory. "Kill they ass" is the funniest thing I've ever heard/seen. I hope that gets on a t-shirt :p

Stormshadow243

Dec 18, 2007
Shinkada post=6.67700.623598 said:
No one who played Ninja Gaiden 1 could possibly like 2, because it was better in almost every way.
While I'm all for people having different opinions on things, this one line right here has got to be the dumbest thing I've read in a while.

Who the fuck are you to decide what people like and what people don't like? Yes I'll go on record and say that on the whole Ninja Gaiden/Black/Sigma are better than Ninja Gaiden 2. Balance and polish, as well the openness of the first game put it above NG2. But there are certain things in Ninja Gaiden 2, that people might enjoy more than in Ninja Gaiden, like the new weapons and much more polished combat and obliteration techniques.

Yes, the game is broken and could've been left in production a bit longer. Yes, Ninja Gaiden 1 as a whole is better. But to say that anyone who liked the first game couldn't possibly like 2, is just really just a narrow minded generalization.

Justin1221

Aug 16, 2008
"Frankly, fuck you, if you want a story. Here's your story. Demons over there, KILL THEY ASS."

I ROTFL at that one. This is probably one of the best Zero Punctuation Rants I've seen yet.

spudpuffin

Apr 27, 2008
y8c616 post=6.67700.606433 said:
hahaha i love the little dig at the wii at the start:)
oh and i wish yahtzee would stop ripping mgs4; yeah, the cut scenes may bore a newb, but its entirely necessary for die hard fans of the series.
Your just bullshiting around if the "hardcore" nerd fans of MGS wanted to spend a few hours on story then they should have it as optional or just put it on a website advratize it in the game and then have only the MGS junkies go and read it. They probobly don't even care if its cinimatics or words as long as they get there precius story and the "n00bs" who actualy wanted to play the fucking game in the first place can go have their "above average steal shooter".

SkydiverGoose

Aug 20, 2008
Only thing I'd have to disagree with is your statement on the claws. They're probably the most worthless weapon in the whole game. Lunar staff will get you through anything. I beat every boss fight with it.