Zero Punctuation: Overlord 2

Yahtzee Croshaw

Aug 8, 2007
Overlord 2

This week, Zero Punctuation reviews Overlord 2.

Download the PDF commemorating The Escapist's 4th Anniversary to read our exclusive interview with Ben "Yahtzee" Croshaw. [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/content/issue_pdf]

Watch Video

linkmastr001

May 22, 2009
"... It's my canabalism that does that."

lol, awesome job as always

EDIT: you are right though, can't get much nerdier then D&D (which is awesome)

Zenode

Jan 21, 2009
Overlord Seems like one to avoid at any rate. "I do agree with the its not fun to be a dick if your encouraged to do that" theory

I guess moral choice isn't for Yahtzee

EDIT: pretty sure everyone except the guy above me is gonna get a whomping from the mods :p

Arkhangelsk

Mar 1, 2009
This one was funny, indeed. I always wondered if it was worth getting or not. Now I know... I think.

Ambition

Feb 6, 2008
The Pope would be Neutral Evil, as the laws of man hold no sway over him (though he doesn't necessarily work against them.)

Sorry dude.

Oh, and the minion sweep is a thumbstick control on a console, where it belongs.

IamQ

Mar 29, 2009
Glad we share the same oppinion. I tried the game and hated it.

The Brian J

Apr 18, 2009
I have never heard of this game before, but this was a pretty good review. I found it to be a lot more informative on the game than your recent reviews, but that is probably because I've never heard of this one.

I feel like games where you get to be a dick are becoming more and more popular now, simply pushed by the fact that you get to be a dick rather than make your own choices.

Undead Dragon King

Evil Spacefaring Mantis
Apr 25, 2008
I recommended this for my brother. He loves the Overlord games, mainly for the impy minions. (Great use of them today btw!) I simply want nothing to do with this game.

TheManWithNoShoes

Jun 27, 2009
I actually enjoyed the original Overlord, I always found the fact that it wanted you to be evil quite fun. I suppose the idea did loose it's luster somewhere around the first few levels though. I think I'll give Overlord2 a miss.

Auron555

Jun 15, 2008
Ambition said:
The Pope would be Neutral Evil, as the laws of man hold no sway over him (though he doesn't necessarily work against them.

Sorry dude.
Epic out-geek!

On topic, it was an interesting review, especially considering I was reading the "trustworthy reviewers" topic earlier. Good job, keep up the nice work.

Juan Regular

Jun 3, 2008
He could've at least commented on the humour of the game a little bit. I didn't really laugh my ass off while playing but it's still a huge part of it.
Other than: Dito.

Bootkiller

Master of Dimensions
Dec 27, 2008
Real Time Stupid!

It's pretty sad when any game resembles a game by Peter Molyneux...