Zero Punctuation: Peggle

Yahtzee Croshaw

Aug 8, 2007
Peggle

This week, Yahtzee, against his own better judgment, reviews Peggle, the monstrously popular casual game from the monstrously successful PopCap.

Watch Video

the_pearson_person

Sep 6, 2007
If I see another "first post!" post, it's a ban. - Joe

See, I should have gone home from work 4 mins ago, but I thought "No, I'll watch the new Zero Punctuation".

That's how dedicated I am!

And I did make me chuckle. Good work... AGAIN... Yahtzee.

Oh and seen as its me, here's the unwarrented spam I seem to always post:

Zero Punctuation Appreciation Society on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=6725770567

RookLive

Sep 12, 2007
Peggle is a bit like ZP, an amusing timewaster for 5 minutes, or something you can watch endlessly over and over again all day because you seriously don't have anything better to do at work.

Coolcloud33

Sep 17, 2007
PrinnySquad said:
I really hate Peggle.
I don't see why it's so addictive either.
I really hate Prinnies. That F-ing "DOOD" can only be said a certain number of time dammit.

Good Work Yahtzee, though personally I didn't know what the hell this game is about.

VMerken

Sep 12, 2007
Yahtzee Croshaw said:
Zero Punctuation: Peggle

This week, Yahtzee, against his own better judgement, reviews Peggle, the monstrously popular casual game from the monstrously successful PopCap.
I take it "monstrously" is being used in a slightly sarcastic context - I never even heard about it before now, in sharp contrast to other monstrously successful yet edgy games such as Bioshock or Great Giana Sisters.

Anyway, the hilarious exposition on casual gaming in general was great to watch. Cat trying to fly a kite indeed! The only video game I've ever seen anyone from my family play beyond the "heehee stroked the controller for 15 seconds but not for me sorry" stage is Brain Academy and only because (a) it makes nice beeping sounds when you get it right (b) saying things to that doctor Kawashima is awesome! and (c) the "I still have a 20 year old brain and will prove it" argument.

J.theYellow

Jun 1, 2007
VMerken said:
I take it "monstrously" is being used in a slightly sarcastic context - I never even heard about it before now
You obviously don't use Steam, MSN or any major feed for casual games. Casual games are way more popular than games like Bioshock, in part because you can start playing them for free. There was also an "Extreme" version of Peggle that came with a pre-order of Orange Box, where you got Valve-themed puzzles and Bjorn the Unicorn had a headcrab on his face.

Toriad

Sep 26, 2007
Yahtzee you charismatic stallion. (Pardon bad spelling, but thats my latest most quoted phrase.)

Another Genius Review, we share it around the work place every week and all get laughs out of it.

Jim Moreno

RP Jim
Nov 20, 2006
I tried out Peggle after hearing the PC Gamer team rave about it during a podcast. After maybe five minutes, I wanted to shoot myself. After shooting the PC Gamer crew for going gaga over such a horrendous piece of crap. Stay away from Peggle.

Joe

Jul 7, 2006
Peggle haunts my dreams. I lost about two weeks to the game. There's just so much right about what Popcap does.

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
It did feel a bit slower this time around, but still had quite a few funny moments.

Hooray for Wednesdays!

Zera

Sep 12, 2007
Another good review as usual.
Five bucks that he will do Halo 3 next week

Redfeather

Sep 18, 2007
Joe said:
Peggle haunts my dreams. I lost about two weeks to the game. There's just so much right about what Popcap does.
Anything with that many colors and that much cute that uses the drug dealer business model (the first taste is free!) has no soul. It has no soul because apparently it found a way to not only sell its soul, but to suck the souls from people playing it for hours on end funneling them into some abyss that looks like hell, if hell were decorated by circus clowns. They are the Stepford of gaming. They are evil inca...ooo look! Bookworm! I haven't played that in awhile.

Peterion

Sep 23, 2007
10 quid says reviewing peggle is a not so subtle way of buying time while Yahtzee tries to come up with new and inventive ways to shit on Halo 3. It's going to be epic I'm sure. :D

Sep 12, 2007
You might think Peggle is a bad game, but you're wrong. The gopher tells me every five minutes it's _totally_ radical! Why would a gopher lie to you?

And apparently, I also have "mad skillz".

Matt55

Sep 26, 2007
Good review, but forgot to mention that Popcap are a bunch of hypocrital, wanky criminals. Yes, criminals.

OK aside from that though!