Zero Punctuation: Peggle

blackfly01

Dec 5, 2007
Peggle?? I'm glad I'm not a Bejeweled fan... I can never figure out how to turn the bloody noise volume down...

BioBeast

Dec 30, 2007
My mom is actually good at video games.

Still, I don't agree with the decision of making Yahtzee do this, but I do agree with all the points he made.

Just signed up after being around this site for awhile.

pewpewz

May 29, 2008
I can't believe it.
I went and tried Peggle after watching this and ended up looking around at 2am wondering where my day had gone. It truly is the computer-pixelated version of crack cocaine.

Anyway awesome reviews - I'm addicted to them as well.
Time to see my therapist!

sky14kemea

Deus Ex-Mod
Jun 26, 2008
lmao
its true, when my mum plays tomb raider it takes her ages to get to the first puzzle T_T its like watching a clock that's stopped ticking

Amisbro

Nov 26, 2008
Games that have made me waste my day:

Bioshock
Dragon Quest IV: Chapters of the Chosen
Need For Speed: Underground
The NHL Series
Any bloody PopCap game

Seriously I bought the "Pop Cap Hits" disc for PS2 recently and I'm an Astro Pop fan!

As for the review you can't help but understand why he spent more time talking about the company and not the game. I did a review based on the web version on another site didn't really have much to say about it to be honest.

It is arguably one of the better ways to waste time when you don't feel like doing anything else(or something you are SUPPOSED to do) and I even played the sequel "Peggle Nights" and enjoyed that trial as well.

Do I plan on buying the games? Yep and especially considering that a DS version of Peggle comes out next year I'm really jazzed for that to see how it works out. My guess is its going to be a little harder because its a smaller screen but I can only hope and pray that they put that game in in another "Pop Cap Hits" disc in the future.

Good review altogether though

likalaruku

Nov 29, 2008
I'm pretty sure Bigfish is bigger than PopCap. Most game sites mention or redirect to BigFish & they pretty much have every 2D flash game ever made, & just when you think you'd found one they're missing, it shows up a few days latter. They also have 5 buildings in Seattle, if that means anything. Why are almost all game companies in Washington? I could go on a tour of them if I wanted.

I tried Peggle. After 5 seconds I was already bored to tears & switched to Aveyond, whis is listed as a casual game but is too much like Secret of Mana/Zelda/Chrono Trigger/Final Fantasy to be listed as such.

sky14kemea

Deus Ex-Mod
Jun 26, 2008
my mum is actually better than me at tomb raider...
XD but shes rubbish at the other games i suppose
i tried peggle, after the third level i got fed up and quit, but then, i only downloaded the trail so nothing lost
good review yahtzee ^-^

duchaked

Dec 25, 2008
Peggle is now on XBL, but to support the evil team (with more money) or not? hmmm lol

arcstone

Dec 1, 2007
Holy smokes, Yahtzee almost sounds like he's on weed speed-wise here compared to his most recent videos.

daxterx2005

Dec 19, 2009
I didn't understand what those heads were on the pegs the first time, but now that I've seen Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz.....I have one word to say BRILLIANT!

Noles42

Apr 13, 2010
Apparently I go to school at the University of Smartarse. Glad to see that Yahtzee's a 'Noles fan.