Zero Punctuation: Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands

angel85

Dec 31, 2008
You fell into the trap of assuming the Wii game is the same as the version you played. These games should have had completely different titles, since the Wii game has a different plot, different powers, different setting, different character design, and actually feels much more refined, I never encountered any bugs or glitches and the combat and platforming feels much smoother than the HD version. Better graphics do not make a better game, this is something I would have expected you of all people to realize, I hope you bring this up in next week's extra punctuation. Also, the movie is pretty good, it's no Iron Man 2 but still sits firmly in the "good summer action movie" seat.

MistaSmegheneghan

Jul 11, 2008
I don't know if the part where he's mentioning the game's location in canon is meant to be sarcastic or serious. The way he mentions Prince of Persia 360 as "that cel-shaded thing" makes me think it's serious, but it's very hard to tell.

Milo Windby

Feb 12, 2010
Awesome review as always :3

I have a bit of a random thing to say, I was talking to a friend of mine about the soccer games going on and I mentioned Kazoo, I then went onto watch this review and you also mentioned Kazoo as well... a very random moment for me.

hassang

Jun 18, 2009
Surprised he didn't try reviewing all three versions, as the Wii one is really better in terms of storyline and originality, as well as combat and platform...Heck, there was even 2D sections!...He probably assumed there would be waggle...Oh well, not the first time a good game doesn't get chewed out.Still a funny review.
Also, NMH2 review next week? Hooray at last!

MistaSmegheneghan

Jul 11, 2008
Blue-State said:
Craftybonds said:
entertaining this week. i really enjoyed the forgotten sands.

also, where the hell is my 3rd annual e3 hype massacre? the first two E3 videos are my favorite ones in the series.
I said the same thing last week! Last year he released it on the 17th so did E3 get delayed this year or has Yahtzee just stopped caring? (probably the second one)
It's probably because E3 ended last Wednesday, and he was already working on today's video. It'll probably be out in a couple of weeks.

Stabby Joe

Jul 30, 2008
This game was really something of an odd ball. One strange thing I've heard is how people are saying it's a good throwback after the last game, even though it got worse reviews.

Then there are those who consider it TOO MUCH of a throwback.

Regardless however I have never been a fan of the Prince of Persia series. Sure, they're probably good but if I didn't get into them in the early day, not good reason to now if they're hardly the next best thing.

Sentient6

Nov 26, 2009
Well, since I am the only person on earth who liked the 2008 PoP and wanted that continued, I never expected Forgotten Sands to be what it tried to - another Sands of Time.
Seems little more then "so, the fans didn't like our new direction, so take whatever you were planning, and paint it to look like Sands of Time". Lame, really.

Le_Lisra

norwegian cat
Jun 6, 2009
No real surprise there.. nice gameplay, bad combat, failed attempt at writing.

I was entertained, mission accomplished.

ark123

Feb 19, 2009
There WAS a film where people pushed a button to decide the outcome in the 90's I believe, but both outcomes were shit

Novur

Nov 3, 2009
Yahtzee Croshaw said:
I tried running up a wall once but I broke the light switch.
Well, first of all, you need a pair of Dunlop Volleys.

Then you need to go <a href=http://www.parkour.asn.au/brisbane-parkour-classes.php>here and do some research.

How sweet does Yahtzee Croshaw: Traceur sound?