Zero Punctuation: Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands

Venatio

Sep 6, 2009
Alright alright, I'll buy the first Prince of Persia game just please shut up about it!

But really, meh - not much of a review. I liked it, same way I liked every other Zero Punctuation review. Keep up the good work Yahtz!

And your book better be good!

firetamer13

Jun 8, 2010
You know the movie wasn't that bad. It wasn't exactly "Best Picture" or even "Best whatever" material, but it certainly was probably the "Best Movie based on a Game" ever. Of course, the Sands of Time series has always kind of seemed movie-ish to me, so it was kind of a logical step.
In short:
Game to Movie Tie-in: Surprisingly good
Game to Movie to Game Tie-in: Predictably Bad

portal_cat

Jun 25, 2009
Le_Lisra said:
hurricanejbb said:
syltman said:
Mario Galaxy 2 is just more Mario Galaxy. It's not really worth reviewing
It is if you were a fan of the original.
I'd say that makes it certainly worth playing but not reviewing.
I argee with at lest playing Mario Galaxy 2. Some of the boards in the new game were crazy fun.

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Well...looks like its justt a rushed fan game...shame really. It could have been really good

Azaraxzealot

Dec 1, 2009
I don't like any platforming games (save Crash Bandicoot), they make me too tense and make me want to punch people when I die or fail or whatever.

Soxafloppin

Coxa no longer floppin'
Jun 22, 2009
I didn't know the title was forgotten Sands.

When i saw the Game i thought it was actually based on the movie, based on the game.

Ranooth

BEHIND YOU!!
Mar 26, 2008
Someone else who hates raisins in their Muesli, thank god I thought I was the only one!

jamescorck

Jan 25, 2010
That was a pretty good review. It's good to see that Yahtzee has his own series of games that, despite being flawed or repetitive, he can't stop enjoying. We all have those (some of us, like me, quite many of them) and it's good to see Yahtzee is human in that aspect as well.

As for the ending, wow. I thought he said he liked Roger Ebbert, I wasn't expecting him making such a shout out at him in such fashion (especially this late). Still, very good review. Much better than the Alpha Protocol one.

carpathic

Oct 5, 2009
The usual excellence. Quite enjoyed the bit at the end about people voting on the next move...There is something there...

Slimky

Aug 19, 2009
MaraJade03 said:
Shjade said:
Lego Prince of Persia?

I could see that working.
Yea they even have video for it.

It is a video for the LEGO figurine brand for Prince of Persia (the movie). It's not a video about a possible video game. LEGO does that kind of video with most of their new toy release.

Mirokunite

Nov 22, 2007
As for the part in the end about showing games in theaters, and voting on what to do next. I remember there was this show on Nick that talked about things to come in the future, or something of that sort. Anyway, they showed this FMV style game that I guess played in theaters, and the audience would vote on the move the character would make in each scene.

I wish I could remember for the life of me what the show was called, or what the 'film' was called. All I really recall was a part where this cyborg guy told some other guy "Ever heard of Liar Liar Pants on Fire?" before having his finger pop open, and shooting a guy with a flame thrower.

traineesword

Jan 24, 2010
saw this game in HMV yesterday and thought "i'll be damned if Yahtzee doesn't rip at this tomorrow"
lo and behold, it seems i have powers of fore-sight as well. though i'm nothing compared to Yahtzee, i'm incapable of understanding how he was able to deduce so easily the attacks, and how to counter them, of that bull-like creature.

i liked this review, it seemed creative and inventive :D probably because it concerns a topic he's very into, the prince of persia games.

Ranooth said:
Someone else who hates raisins in their Muesli, thank god I thought I was the only one!
yeah, that is pretty odd, usually people just hate everything in Mueslie :p

katsabas

Apr 23, 2008
Do they really need an australian with a chip on his shoulder to realize that they need to leave the trilogy alone? Get on with that sequel with the chick that makes photos, Jesus.

I was surprised to see that Y actually plans to review Split Second. Got it preordered and I will love it but I still wanna see his verdict.

About today's vid, it was ok but I had a hunch about the final yay or nay. It's POP after all.

CopperBoom

Nov 11, 2009
Did anyone see Ebert's quiz?
This reminded me of that.

He did not like this as much as i thought he would, but I still want it!

gardyna

Jun 7, 2010
hmmm i though it the hoards in forgotten sands were a pretty fine idea. the fighting in PoP has always been bad so i felt they were fixing the problem by making all the battles super easy but using hoards for a dramatic effect (side note: in the last part of the game there is an endless hoard on a staircase and nobody can honestly say that the fight to the top of the staircase didn´t feel epic) and in the last battle it was pretty cool of them to have the platforming element.

in my opinion i think that the forgotten sands were better than the warrior within and the 2008 game but not as good as the fyrst sands of time and the two thrones

Tarakos

May 21, 2009
So I guess his E3 wrap-up is next week? I was really looking forward to the Third Annual E3 Hype Massacre.