Zero Punctuation: Prince of Persia

Yahtzee Croshaw

Aug 8, 2007
Prince of Persia

This week Zero Punctuation reviews Ubisoft's latest addition to the Prince of Persia series.

Watch Video

justdan

Jan 28, 2008
Actually, I'd have to say it is refreshing that the game faithfully reproduces the true schizophrenic nature of women. They are definitely going for realism these days!

johnman

Oct 14, 2008
Go yahztee go! This game has been disputed across the internet and ive been waiting for what you think. Which is pretty much what everybody else has been saying.....

Brokkr

Nov 25, 2008
Very funny. I had totally forgotten today was Wednesday and that this was coming out for some reason. It was a nice surprise. I really liked the goose analogy.

NewClassic_v1legacy

Bringer of Words
Jul 30, 2008
Yet again, it seems Yahtzee is going out of his way to find extra flaws. He comments so meekly on the perks, and then wastes a large majority of time complaining about all kinds of things. Then he says it's nice, and complains that he enjoys it.

Everything becomes so very bizarre when Yahtzee wants to like a game, almost because he can't bring himself to. Despite all of that, at least it's a step in the right direction, even if it's still trying too hard to be something it isn't anymore.

DigitalSushi

a gallardo? fine, I'll take it.
Dec 24, 2008
so basically during combat Elika is the grenade with a measurement prejudice?, not the all empowering sidekick Ubisoft would lead me to believe?.

edit; like ALL women, fnar fnar

Mythbhavd

May 1, 2008
Perhaps they added the bit where you can choose how much dialogue the sidekick gives as an Anti-Yahtzee complaint gimmick! They knew he doesn't like excessively unnecessary dialogue and tried to fool him into not noticing other things by giving him the choice. Silly Ubisoft. Trix are for kids!

Baby Tea

Just Ask Frankie
Sep 18, 2008
And here I thought this new Prince game would be a step back to the GOOD 'Sands of Time' formula! The running was, but not the combat? Seems silly.

Oh well! Funny show, nonetheless!

Oyster^^

Dec 27, 2008
Loved the opening goose analogy. I'm a bit surprised about his hate for elika though, I've heard great things about her even though I haven't played it. I guess goldstein's a liar.

edit:
ColdStorage said:
so basically during combat Elika is the grenade with a measurement prejudice?, not the all empowering sidekick Ubisoft would lead me to believe?.

edit; like ALL women, fnar fnar
hur hur

DigitalSushi

a gallardo? fine, I'll take it.
Dec 24, 2008
Mythbhavd said:
Perhaps they added the bit where you can choose how much dialogue the sidekick gives as an Anti-Yahtzee complaint gimmick! They knew he doesn't like excessively unnecessary dialogue and tried to fool him into not noticing other things by giving him the choice. Silly Ubisoft. Trix are for kids!
so they added a "Yahtzee" story option to appease him, much like Tecmo added the "pirate eating beef jerky" difficulty to Ninja Gaiden to appease Maddox.

BrightDeathFriend

Dec 31, 2008
I think Yahtsee's review was legit. I mean, sure it does LOOKS like a nice enough game, but then you get to dialogue and you wonder why the characters aren't just coughing up cheese.

Good job mate!