Zero Punctuation: Resident Evil 5

Mrsoupcup

Jan 13, 2009
Man I was hoping you would do this one, not surprised though. Great review yahtzee.

"Capcom aren't bad people there just idiots"

karmapolizei

Sep 26, 2008
What's up with Resident Evil 5? Has someone pronounced Resident Evil 5 weeks at the Escapist?

Back on topic, nice episode. "Capcom aren't bad people. They'Re just idiots!" sums up the whole racism controversy quite nicely.

The Great JT

Oct 6, 2008
Well, who didn't see that one coming that he'd do RE5...'

EDIT: That said, very funny. It's pretty obvious Capcom are morons, I mean they only made Mega Man 9 in 8-bit NES graphics LAST YEAR when Mega Man 8, released sometime around the late 90s if memory serves, was done in at least 32-bits. I've never really been into the Resident Evil games, or any survival-horror games, and it doesn't look like a good time to start.

JPMotion

Dec 23, 2008
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA "Capcom aren't bad people. They're just IDIOTS." Good LORD I love Yahtzee :D

Tharticus

Dec 10, 2008
Another great video review. I like Resident Evil 4, but sometimes I hate it for it's quicktime events which ends in a rather nasty death if you don't hit the right buttons at a split second. Resident Evil 5? Same trash except it's just not the same as RE4.

And the creepy Merchant guy died.

Crash486

Oct 18, 2008
Excellent review, especially the bit about the co-op AI. This game sounds like its full of hillariously entertaining shenanigans... as long as you're not the one playing it.

nick2150

Dec 17, 2008
hmm, I can see how the inventory space could be just down right annoying. I also loved Resident Evil 4 but one of the things I liked about it was that any achievement tended to be without help. To be honest I?m not a fan of shoehorned in multiplayer coop experience (the idea that some have suggested of coop in Bioshock 2 actually makes me want to vomit...my face off) and this game seems to be guilty of that. This is probably the most useful review of Yahtzee's I?ve seen in a while (better than the bile that was unleashed).

NOOBSAUCE

Feb 5, 2009
wow this makes me so glad I was semi intelligent and didn't go wait for a midnight release like my idiotic "friends" who thought this game would be amazing and that capcom wouldn't phone up a good thing

ZeeClone

Jan 14, 2009
Awesome video Yahtzee!

Love the bootnote...

hences to Escapist store to fill 9 inventory slots

Fatheadicus

Mar 16, 2009
I was sort of expecting some line in the whole it looked like Farcry at the start and then in the middle had a weird Tomb Raider feel. but i liked this game even though i didn't play res 4 and we played co op the whole way through the game. Also Yahtzee you could have removed the pistol from her lovely intuitive inventory screen and just leave her the machine gun.

deewank

Dec 15, 2008
I agreed with everything he said in that review. Fuck you new inventory system, eat shit. Ahhh... I feel better now