Zero Punctuation: Resident Evil: Revelations 2 - Episodic Zombies

fieryshadowcard

New member
May 18, 2011
109
0
0
Rawbeard said:
I distinktly remember having shot Barry in the face in Resident Evil 2. What gives? I thought this series was big on continuity and consistency.
You shot the zombie of Brad in RE2. RE3 actually showed how he became a zombie.
 

Catasros

New member
Dec 9, 2013
27
0
0
kinda surprised he didn't jump up and down at the title while wearing boots equiped with decimeter-long spikes... I mean, Revelations 2, was there something in the last game with Revelations in the title that they forgot to mention, despite the fact that the plot doesn't seem to be related to the last game?
 

Darth_Payn

New member
Aug 5, 2009
2,868
0
0
Evonisia said:
Well at least it was sort of trying and gives the fanbase a nice time. I'd still like to see a Resident Evil game, episodic or not, that can boast Resident Evil 4's length again given that said game never ran out of ideas either.
I think that's the game where the whole franchise ran out of ideas. Hey-yoooooohhh!
Catasros said:
kinda surprised he didn't jump up and down at the title while wearing boots equiped with decimeter-long spikes... I mean, Revelations 2, was there something in the last game with Revelations in the title that they forgot to mention, despite the fact that the plot doesn't seem to be related to the last game?
It's Resident Evil; all their sequel title numberers flunked math.
 

Catasros

New member
Dec 9, 2013
27
0
0
Darth_Payn said:
Evonisia said:
Well at least it was sort of trying and gives the fanbase a nice time. I'd still like to see a Resident Evil game, episodic or not, that can boast Resident Evil 4's length again given that said game never ran out of ideas either.
I think that's the game where the whole franchise ran out of ideas. Hey-yoooooohhh!
Catasros said:
kinda surprised he didn't jump up and down at the title while wearing boots equiped with decimeter-long spikes... I mean, Revelations 2, was there something in the last game with Revelations in the title that they forgot to mention, despite the fact that the plot doesn't seem to be related to the last game?
It's Resident Evil; all their sequel title numberers flunked math.
Well, to be fair, if the wikipedia article is to be believed, should Resident Evil be named after numbers alone, Resident Evil: revelations 2 would be called Resident Evil 23. Resident Evil 27 if all remakes are to be taken into the equation.



. . . Holy [Duly Censored] Capcom! Come up with a new survival-action-whateverthisis-horror franchise already!
 

TristanBelmont

New member
Nov 29, 2013
413
0
0
Why did he mention that "the graphics seem a bit behind the times" when in the past he's said graphics don't matter as long as the gameplay is fun?
It's almost as if Yahtzee can't keep a consistent opinion other than "if it exists it is shite".
 

Just Ebola

Literally Hitler
Jan 7, 2015
250
0
0
I'm glad they're finally doing something with Barry, he's been a loose end for quite a few years. I remember him having a couple of funny lines from playing the original Resident Evil, but that was over a decade ago. I really hope they used to the same voice actor, that would be a terrible missed opportunity.
 

Ken Martinez

New member
Mar 18, 2015
3
0
0
Flatfrog said:
Ken Martinez said:
I ask this with total seriousness, but has ZP gotten a lot less funny?

Back when there were genuinely terrible games coming out, ZP was a complete riot. Even in mostly positive reviews, Yahtzee made a lot of biting, hilarious points.

Now that games have gotten a lot better and it's a lot harder for a Ride to Hell or a Colonial Marines to make it to stores, not only is every ZP review ipsitive now, each review is less funny, either because Benny Croshaw has lost his cutting wit, or there's less to say about each game.
A man who can use the phrase 'Old cucumber at the dildo party' is doing just fine, thanks
One line (if you can call that funny) is a counterargument?

I stand by my argument that show has kind of gone downhill
 

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Apr 10, 2020
17,079
1,174
118
Country
Argentina
Could've swore Yahtzee would be gutting this one a bit more viciously. Always nice to see him (somewhat) enjoy something though.
 

Thanatos2k

New member
Aug 12, 2013
820
0
0
PapstJL4U said:
Thanatos2k said:
I've gotten to the point where I don't buy episodic games until all episodes are out. There's no point otherwise. I have other things to play, and I don't want to be forced to wait to see what happens next while the developers make excuse after excuse about why the next episode is delayed.
Buying the full game has two mayor advantages: You can play them in a row and don't have to deal with shitty cliffhangers, like Yahtzee described and all but the last episode already got patch one or more times. I see patches for episodes on a regular base and it makes me warm and fuzzy, because will play the patched version in the end....and can still feel good about buying fullprice games, if this is what i need. Episodic games just stretch out the time for the maximum price.
You also forgot that once the last episode comes out the game quickly goes on sale.
 

Thanatos2k

New member
Aug 12, 2013
820
0
0
TristanBelmont said:
Why did he mention that "the graphics seem a bit behind the times" when in the past he's said graphics don't matter as long as the gameplay is fun?
It's almost as if Yahtzee can't keep a consistent opinion other than "if it exists it is shite".
Graphics cannot save or completely ruin a game, but they can make it a more or less enjoyable experience.

And you know exactly what he means.
 

iller3

New member
Nov 5, 2014
154
0
0
ah piss.... he messed with the valve time continuum again by bringing up Ep2.

nothing to do now but forget everything we saw in the GDC source2 teases
 

Remus

Reprogrammed Spambot
Nov 24, 2012
1,698
0
0
"slip in and out of your mind like an image of your mother during sex." Now there's an image I'll never get out of my head. Anyone got any bleach?
 

THM

New member
Sep 27, 2014
218
0
0
Remus said:
"slip in and out of your mind like an image of your mother during sex." Now there's an image I'll never get out of my head. Anyone got any bleach?
Either that or an ice cream scoop. :)

OT: Interesting take on episodic games. I keep wondering about getting Tales from the Borderlands in pieces, or whether it's better to wait for the whole thing to arrive. Some food for thought there.
 

Riiick

New member
May 8, 2014
1
0
0
Life is Strange is coming out on 24 March 2015 so less than a week to wait. Did Yahtzee miss the announcement or just annoyed that they don't announce the schedule up front? Surely the only reason to make a game episodic is because you are still working on it when you release the first part. If RE: Revelations 2 was finished before they released the first part then why didn't they release it all at once?
 

CharrHearted

New member
Aug 20, 2010
681
0
0
You can say the game was bad all you like, but you cannot deny, one of Barry's last quotes before the finale was absolutely amazing...

WARNING, SPOILER GIF AHEAD!


HOW can you NOT find that AWESOME?!