Zero Punctuation: Resistance 3

Sudenak

Mar 31, 2011
Damn. Had my hopes up that a game was finally pushing ahead with nice game mechanics, only to learn that it's basically ripping off HL2. Hopefully it's just a massive coincidence and we'll once more see an FPS that doesn't require you to suck your thumb in a corner.

Until then, I'll cling to my Heretic and Hexen and gaze longingly at next-gen graphics.

mad825

Mar 28, 2010
Played the demo at eurogamer and I too was left confused for a while. In the short-time in which I played, it didn't seem very good and the enemies were just spawned-in like cannon fodder

Versuvius

Apr 30, 2008
Fucking typical. A shooter with all of the mechanics i liked that were lost are back but only because Half Life got raped in the shower and woke up in a bathtub full of ice missing all of it's internal organs. I still might buy it though. Beggars can't be choosers when something passably different pops up and wiggles it's juicy buns in my face.

C117

Aug 14, 2009
Whelp, that was... interesting. Certainly a unique review, and funny to boot.

DrunkenElfMage

Aug 17, 2011
Holy crap... was that a positive review? It almost seemed like Yahtzee didn't know what to do with himself, kinda like a Nazi on a desert island who has run out of different races and religeons to blame all of the Islands problems on.

Wait a second! Yahtzee... Nazi... they both end with a ZEE! Where did YOU hide the body Mr. Crowshaw!?!?!?

Ringwraith

Absolutely Useless
Jan 15, 2009
I love the fact Insomniac carry over their general gun craziness from Ratchet & Clank into other things, as they are simply brilliant at thinking up really imaginative weapons, and somehow are still making them, even with so many made already.
I also will make the obligatory sad, pathetic nit-pick that Insomniac have always done the whole thing of people not having job titles, at least for a long while anyway, making them the only large development studio other than Valve to do so (that I know of).

hermes

Mar 2, 2009
To be fair, most of the things Yahtzee complains about Insomniac ripping out Valve are things that were in the first Resistance (health packs, weapon wheel, alien hive infecting humans, etc). Which many people complained because Resistance 2 forgot in order to be more Modern-Warfare-like.

Also, the whole anagram thing with Combines and Insomniac is a little far-fetched...

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
Wait a minute! THE SCIENTIST HAS A BEARD!

I laughed so hard when Yahtzee's conspiracy theories started. And some of you guys above me, wow, you are judging the game based off of a Zero Punctuation review. I really don't think Yahtzee was being as serious as you give hi credit for.

Trippy Turtle

Elite Member
May 10, 2010
Better then Sherlock Holmes? I think so. Anyway I stayed up for this and I don't trust my tired self enough to type to much.

EDIT: Nobody posted fast enough to get banned or saying "first"? What is this?!

John the Gamer

May 2, 2010
He ate the body and vomitted the remains over the sequel, in which you walk around a laboratory complex in an orange hazard suit trying to analyse a mysterious sample in an elaborate doomsday machine. Oh wait.

LordJiro

Apr 23, 2008
Don't be silly, Yahtzee, Insomniac isn't COMPLETELY ripping off Valve. They can count to three, for one.

Kopikatsu

May 27, 2010
DrunkenElfMage said:
Holy crap... was that a positive review? It almost seemed like Yahtzee didn't know what to do with himself, kinda like a Nazi on a desert island who has run out of different races and religeons to blame all of the Islands problems on.

Wait a second! Yahtzee... Nazi... they both end with a ZEE! Where did YOU hide the body Mr. Crowshaw!?!?!?
Godwin's Law ALREADY? That seriously has to be some kind of record. Really, it does.

Anyway- I hadn't even noticed all the similarities between HL2 and Resistance 3. What're the chances that it's coincidence? (Probably not likely, but still.)

Ulquiorra4sama

Saviour In the Clockwork
Feb 2, 2010
Huh... i wasn't too interested before, but now i might actually give this a fair chance someday.

I've never played any of the Half-Life games anyways so it can rip them off as much as they want for all i care. I won't feel like i've played it before anyways :D