Zero Punctuation: S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky

JonnWood

Jul 16, 2008
PG post=6.74071.820998 said:
A game's either too piss easy to be worth the effort of picking up the controller or it's so punishingly difficult that you have to go crying to your mummy everytime your ammo runs out and you get cordially invited to eat an npc frag grenade.
Strangely enough, whenever you see a thread on some gamer forum commenting on some gameplay, it either looks too easy or the person playing it suson playing it suson playing it suson playing it su[NO CARRIER]

beehive inferno

Sep 4, 2008
i guess i was pretty lucky with clear sky i only ran into a bug on the first play though but it seemed that they were just collecting themselves waiting for my second play though and decided to all jump at me at the same time.

Mikazuki

Oct 9, 2008
A nice review, as allways. Thanks for cheering me up. Now, if you will excuse me, I will go and check if I'm finally able to log onto my realm in WoW.

Regards,

Mikazuki

Jursa

Oct 11, 2008
I'm playing it on veteran mode and patch 1.5.05 and after the very slow curve of debugging evolution of the game and the starting zone where you pretty much clear half the place with a pistol cause no better weapons are available. I love Clear Sky, just like it's predecessor. Yahtzee's review is head on tho, 1 solid bullet will kill a baddie when he doesn't notice you but the same can be said vise-versa. A few dozen times I've been shot by a guy hiding in the dark by 1 bullet. If there's one feeling that it gives, it's definitely the crashing feeling of reality, where without cover and 400 bullets your chances of survival are slim. I had to restart the game like 8 times because of bugs and patches. But still I rank ESS TEE AY ELL KAY EE ARR as an awesome game. I will praise any shooter that gives up the damn health regeneration like you're half lizard or something.

Gormers1

Apr 9, 2008
A clever, nice review. BTW Ive head of a mod called oblivion lost for stalker:SoC, that supposedly turns the game into what it should have been like in the first place. Check it out here: http://stalker.filefront.com/file/Oblivion_Lost_10005_release;91748

sequio

Dec 15, 2007
lmao great ending. I was able to run Clear Sky for about an hour before crashing every time. Then I installed the patch and my 4-hours-of-playing save files became incompatible so I uninstalled and never looked back.

SomeBritishDude

Nov 1, 2007
Wow, I actually thought my computer threw a woopsy for a moment there. Crazy reviwer yahtzee, could hardly keep up. Still great though

fullbleed

Apr 30, 2008
johnman post=6.74071.820992 said:
A shame about clear sky, but there are some excellent mods which improve your accuracy, lowers the enemy's and makes them easier to kill. I loved the first game and was very disappionted by clear sky
Yes but I can't to use any of them because every time I so much as walk outside the game crashes, or walk inside, or walk any where, or stand still. Supose it's my fault for having the sheer audacity to want to play the damn game.
Loved the first game but the bugs ultimately ruin this one.

Also best Review since Clive Barker's Cilve Barker's Jerico.

Archereus

Aug 18, 2008
ok quick question was the crash real ro fake? it was actualy very realistic answer me back before i watch it a thousand times trying to fix the crash

MorganL4

Person
May 1, 2008
well that was the funniest one ive seen in a while for a while yahtzee was getting stale

ONLY SIX MORE DAYS BEFORE FABLE II

Hamster at Dawn

It's Hazard Time!
Mar 19, 2008
I've never heard of this game but the review was quite funny. I liked the part about the the the the the the the the the the the the the the the the the

Robert0288

Jun 10, 2008
you got me, I was just starting to swear up a blue streak at the university caff when I realized that it was part of the vid.

well done on the review. I'm surprised yatzee didn't mention anything about the invisible bouncing anomalies, which require a quick load every 15 seconds as you die scrambling around a mine field of radiation, poison, fire etc etc, looking for this damn thing hitting the medkit button as fast as possible.

runtheplacered

Oct 31, 2007
Eggo post=6.74071.821112 said:
L.B. Jeffries post=6.74071.821012 said:
STALKER is based on an artsy Russian film about a mysterious zone that has a hidden room in it that fulfills a person's wishes. The whole thing is very philosophical and mostly involves 3 guys walking around Chernobyl's wasteland. The idea is that it's all a metaphor for Russia's collapsed attempt at being a super po-

GONZO!!!1!! GONZO BITCHES!!!! BAHAHAAHAHAHAH!!!!
And that artsy Russian movie is based on an artsy Russian book.
It's actually based on both, because the film is only loosely based on the book. It took ideas from both mediums.