Zero Punctuation: Silent Hill Homecoming

Skeleon

Nov 2, 2007
Wow, so... I re-watch this video and stumble around 1:28. Those deserted streets... are they in Pripyat? See, I probably played way too much of that game, but in Call of Pripyat there's this spot between apartment buildings with a lower structure with a gallery and windows and everything. In front of that place, the mercenaries and their mysterious employers meet for a chat (and the player is to assassinate their respective leaders). This photo Yahtzee used looks just like that place! And even if it isn't that specific spot, it certainly looks like a number of streets within their recreation of Pripyat. Quite a weird coincidence, but the developers of STALKER used actual photographs and city plans and whatnot to recreate the area around the power plant, including Pripyat itself. So I don't find it too difficult to imagine that they recreated that place for their game and Yahtzee found a picture of the same place (probably by googling for "deserted streets" or something), but I do find it a bit scary that I recognize that place immediately despite regularly getting lost on my way to work.