Zero Punctuation: Silent Hill: Shattered Memories

alldreamsfalldown

Mar 17, 2010
I'm gettinng the PS2 verson but i'm got to get it online because no shops are selling it because it's a previous generation game . Assholes.

Xanthious

Dec 25, 2008
Icecoldcynic said:
What a surprise, more dumping on the wii. Not that I don't agree, but it's just getting old now.

"Oh fuck a pink dress, shit's getting real!" - Brilliant.
Dumping on the Wii will never get old. The Wii deserves to be dumped on at every given opportunity. Until Nintendo wants to release a proper next gen system and not just a gamecube with a bad gimmick they deserve all the scorn and criticism that they get.

CyanLink

Mar 3, 2010
What Nintendo is really doing with their games is replacing all the lovely beer with tea, usually Earl Grey.

Kollega

Jun 5, 2009
Okay, review was average (but still funny, mind you). Except for one truly hilarious bit - "Shuttered Mammaries".

pedroREE said:
Cats>Dogs
Seconded.

traineesword

Jan 24, 2010
"Oh fuck a pink dress, shit's getting real!" was definatly my favourite quote too.

wow, two wii games in a row Yahtzee!? thats pleasing for me, because it means you won't rat on a particular wii game that i would rather you left un-shat-on... then again, it probably won't get over to you for another 3 months anyway -_-

i only hope his description of the running away scenes was packed with hyperbole, because i've got the game in my house (am saving it until after the exams) and have been really looking forward to it, hoping for a good scare... I haven't played many Horror games though, so maybe i won't be as experienced as our good critic here and will find them slightly scarier than housewives.

Gaming King

Apr 9, 2010
If there's no very little blood, why's it rated M? Also, why is there a creepy-looking little girl on a swing there on the cover?

CopperBoom

Nov 11, 2009
I liked the cats better, but what animal will he use next?
The arcade was poo.
Really funny review, I was waiting for this one.

...why did the fat fifteen year old girl urinate on Robert Pattinson when it caught up to him?

TheRocketeer

Intolerable Bore
Dec 24, 2009
riottrio said:
i only hope his description of the running away scenes was packed with hyperbole, because i've got the game in my house (am saving it until after the exams) and have been really looking forward to it, hoping for a good scare...
Sorry, man. He really wasn't even exaggerating when he describes how boring the chase scenes are, or how clinically scare-free the game is.

Actually, you know what's ten times scarier than Silent HIll: Shattered Memories?

Those commercials where people's credit scores are represented by furry, living numbers. Jesus Christ, those things freak me right out.

If they made a game in which you had to run for your life from those abominable specters of financial woe made flesh, now THAT would really hit the terror button hard.

CopperBoom

Nov 11, 2009
Kollega said:
Okay, review was average (but still funny, mind you). Except for one truly hilarious bit - "Shuttered Mammaries".

pedroREE said:
Cats>Dogs
Seconded.
Turd... I mean, third.

In addition, that pink dress bit was my favourite.

katsabas

Apr 23, 2008
That was good. I mean reaaaaaally good. I liked the twilight reference. But most of all I liked Shattered Memories going Godzilla on Homecoming and that other shit title. LOOOOOOOK! HOR HOR HOR! Keep in mind that not every week Y gets to give a thumbs up and be funny at the same time. The last time that happened was Infamous I think.

And from now on, anyone and everyone should be afraid of this:

Grrrr, ************, grrr.

Icecoldcynic

Oct 5, 2009
Xanthious said:
Icecoldcynic said:
What a surprise, more dumping on the wii. Not that I don't agree, but it's just getting old now.

Dumping on the Wii will never get old. The Wii deserves to be dumped on at every given opportunity. Until Nintendo wants to release a proper next gen system and not just a gamecube with a bad gimmick they deserve all the scorn and criticism that they get.
Just because they deserve it doesn't mean it's still entertaining.

DrEmo

May 4, 2009
I know everyone and their dog has said it but, pink dress! Shit's getting real!

that has to be one of the best lines in ZP history along with 'pants on head retarded'.

I thought this game would fit into people's phobias by exposing them to their real phobias. Like a claustrophobic person plays the game and in one point the character gets chucked into a small, dark and confined area with no obvious means of escape and a tense atmosphere. That would make a claustrophobe very tense and maybe frighten them, but the game doesn't do anything like that.

Little Duck

Diving Space Muffin
Oct 22, 2009
Icecoldcynic said:

What? That was completely legit. The games DO take forever to release. Some (excitebots (I'm pretty sure Yahtzee won't like this)) don't get released at all in some parts of the world and the hardware DOES have problems. And before you say "you don't understand" I own one, love it and called in Jeoff.

SYSTEM-J

Aug 7, 2008
Does the game lack any blood or horror because Nintendo are still stuck in that anti-nastiness mindset that goes back to the bloodless SNES version of Mortal Kombat?

TheEnglishman

Jun 13, 2009
I hit with my Axe was released one hour before ZP, and it's been 20 minutes and ZP has nearly 50 more comments. But than again IHWMA only has 1.

Icecoldcynic

Oct 5, 2009
Little Duck said:
Icecoldcynic said:

What? That was completely legit. The games DO take forever to release. Some (excitebots (I'm pretty sure Yahtzee won't like this)) don't get released at all in some parts of the world and the hardware DOES have problems. And before you say "you don't understand" I own one, love it and called in Jeoff.
You misunderstood my post entirely. I dislike the wii, I own one but never play on it. My post was basically saying that insulting the wii just isn't entertaining anymore.

Phantomxd

Jul 21, 2009
Wislong said:
I came. I saw. I lol'd :)
... Yoink!

Aside from the fact that we all have diffrent tastes thx yahtzee for bringing this game to my attention. I like the fact that they atualy useing the wii for some mildly innotive ideas.

Gd epp yahtzee