Zero Punctuation: Sim City Societies

MaDsPLoiTz

Feb 13, 2008
The TF2 movie was great. Review also good but the TF2 short was brilliant.

For anyone who asked:

The game is Team Fortress 2, part of the Orange Box, made made Valve. The fat man is the Heavy class and the man he dances about with is the Medic class, a medic healing a heavy is a great combo as the Heavy will not die nearly as easily and as he is very slow, needs healing as he will take great damage, he also deals a lot of damage and thus why a medic needs a heavy to essentially do his killing for him and get between him and the enemy, the skinny man in blue is a Spy, insta-gib backstabs with knife, great for taking out medics leaving the heavy without healing, easier to kill.

Poptart Fairy

Jan 31, 2008
Oh christ, I shed tears of laughter during the TF2 segment.

Can't say much about the Sim City bit. A lot of other reviews seem to have a similar problem; they just can't talk about it too much, because there isn't much to talk about.

smfx

Feb 13, 2008
Is it just me, or was that moon from the beginning from I wanna be the guy? If Yahtzee is playing that game, it will add to his major awesomeness. Look up the game if you want to prove you are the man, it is awesome but very hard.

stacia123

Nov 8, 2007
Aw, the TF2 bit was adorable. I never noticed how much the Spy looks like Hugh Laurie before. Still, damn you for getting that song stuck in my head all day, Yahtzee.

Knight Templar

Moved on
Dec 29, 2007
dukeofdaggers said:
the last god game i played was Roller coaster tycoon but i abused my powers by putting every one
on top of a spire with only one bathroom and charging every on 100 bucks every time they needed to go but in the end all that happened was that they pissed themselves to death and my park became condemned but it was still a barrel of Laughs god i love being a bastard nice review though i wonder i my park could be call Nazi land Hmmmm.
I wish to learn more, how might I subscribe to you newsletter?

pingnak

Sep 27, 2007
You get BANNED for a 'first!' post? Sweet! :)

On the original SimCity, after a couple of hours of playing it, I went into the save game file and just gave myself all the money in the world. It was just an RLE compressed raw dump of the game internals. After a little while of playing with that, I bumped the date up so I could get all the 'cool' stuff. Piece of cake. Built up a megalopolis and then set it on fire. Wee. Short attention span, I guess.

Summy

Feb 13, 2008
"You get BANNED for a 'first!' post? Sweet! :)"

Think you get banned when posting before its actually possible to have seen the entire thing.

I cried at the heavy + medic bit :( . Great review :)

jaybird1905

Feb 13, 2008
Did anyone else have trouble trying to play this game? I'm surprised he didn't mention the resource hog this game is. Granted I don't have an AlienWare gaming machine ... but I've got a Celeron D 3.06 GHz with 1gb of RAM.

System requirements are:
* Processor: 1.7 GHz Intel CPU or faster, AMD XP 2100+ or faster
* Memory: 512 MB RAM
* Hard drive: at least 2.1 GB free space
* Video card: 128 MB**
* DVD drive: 4 speed
* Sound Card - DirectX 9.0c compatible
* DirectX - Version 9.0c (included on disc)
* Input - Keyboard, Mouse

One of their tips to speed up performance:
* Adding RAM to your system is an efficient way to improve performance.

Yes, it is.

Anyway, I couldn't even get into this game because it was so chuggy and sluggish it drove me fucking nuts. There's nothing worse than a BUILDING sim that is constantly jerking all over the damn place when you're trying to place your buildings.

m_jim

Jan 14, 2008
Surggical_Scar said:
Still, it was nice that HWG nailed that darstadly Spy.
Wow, I feel thick. After I watched the video, I was thinking "Where the hell did the knife come from...?"

NeoSpriggan

Dec 5, 2007
First off, enjoyable review as ever, much amusement was had by all it seems, and you summed it up exceptionally well. If i cant see my lowly minions suffering or being happy and either laughing maniacally or smiling as they celebrate the first annual "we love our omnipotent benefactor day", it sucks out a lot of the joy. What annoys me is that we are at the point where its possible to have hundreds of things on screen at once moving around, example: Dead Rising, yet this game wont let me zoom in to at least make out what gaudy haircuts they are wearing

RabbitDynamite

Dec 31, 2007
And from this we learn that Nazi jokes are funny and the spy hates sappy romances. And that jokes about manga fans are funny even if you are a manga fan, especially when they have a grain of truth.

Digikid

Dec 29, 2007
Very nice review....

oh and yathzee......WTF are you thinking by making that TF2 thing? I am scarred for life now. Thanks a lot. LOL!!!!!!

Carcer

Feb 13, 2008
I was going to post some stuff but somewhere between strongly wanting to respond and actually finalising registration I realised this isn't really a great place to argue about fandom stereotyping.

Also, the TF2 short seemed to just kind of drag on for a while.

Morghus

Aug 14, 2007
Brilliant! I laughed out loud during most of this, and then at the end I completely cracked up. Thanks mate!

Jerakal

Aug 30, 2007
Yeah... I wasn't sure whether to laugh at that last part with TF:2 or just kinda sit there with my eye twitching. So I opted for the latter.