Zero Punctuation: Singularity

freudianslip99

Nov 10, 2009
While the game is very much a mash-up of elements we have all seen recently, I still found myself satisfied with the game. Playing through the game on hard does produce a few controller throwing rage incidents due to weird camera and uneven environment. The story is the weakest part of the game, but several of the weapons and Dead Space moments keep you interested.

B Goy

Jan 5, 2010
You went to Flambards too? So did I when I went to my grandparents house in Cornwall. I love the Hornet.

Diligent

Dec 20, 2009
I don't really recall that plot point as being presented like a "twist". It certainly wasn't the best game around, but worked pretty well as a big loud stupid dumb shooter, which I enjoyed almost every minute of.

guardian001

Oct 20, 2008
I wonder if Raven has heard of the periodic table...

Apparently the Enemies uncovered Einsteinium.

ssgt splatter

Oct 8, 2008
HOW DARE YOU GIVE AWAY THE PLOT TWIST!!!!! But as plot twists go, that was pretty weak. The twist in Bioshock, i.e. "would you kindly...", is still one of the best in game moments I've ever seen.

Rarhnor

Jun 2, 2010
What did I say, huh? Oh yeah:

Rarhnor said:
From top and down

Singularity
Crackdown 2
Some random Wii game
Suicide video with a pre-recording of him reviewing his own death.
Naturally, no number 5.
Now if Crackdown 2 is the next, we should probably wave farewell to Mr. Croshaw.

Alex Cowan

Feb 13, 2010
I love the way that the first 7 comments are all suspensions or probations :D

OT: Having watched the actual Escapist review, I didn't think it looked that bad, and I thought the TMD looked quite good, as token gimmicks go (every FPS has to have a token gimmick...)

Zorvox

Aug 30, 2009
i really enjoyed this game. it's probably the only game that gets time manipulation mechanics right.

Cherry Cola

Your daddy, your Rock'n'Rolla
Jun 26, 2009
I hated Singularity. Feels good to know that I can hide behind Yahtzee now instead of having to justify my opinon

ShadowKatt

Mar 19, 2009
Wow, first six people insta-suspended.

OT: Was I the only one that hadn't heard of this game? Granted, I don't keep up on new releases unless they appeal to me somehow, but this just came out of nowhere.

And yet, despite Yahtzee ragging on it for five minutes, I can't decide whether or not to play it, aside from the fact that I had no interest to start with.

ZippyDSMlee

Sep 1, 2007
LULWUT ....When did bioshock have intense and unforgiving combat? The AI drools,there are items everywhere and there is no death penalty?....?!?!

Otherwise this game is your average block buster shallow game/film(kinda like bioshock)....

duchaked

Dec 25, 2008
what would russian voice actors do without these games though?? think of their children!! lol

DoomBlackDragon

Sep 13, 2008
Yahtzee does do fighting game reviews. Here is a link to an old review.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/189-Soul-Calibur-IV

FYI there reassion that they are rare is cause most fight games is the same old thing in different graphics. The only good looking one that is coming out is Mortal Kombat with 3D fatalities.

Flauros

Mar 2, 2010
Really? IS it better then Wolfenstein? I was actually thinking about getting that.....

Cherry Cola

Your daddy, your Rock'n'Rolla
Jun 26, 2009
Zorvox said:
i really enjoyed this game. it's probably the only game that gets time manipulation mechanics right.
Except it gets them completely wrong.

Or do you actually believe that every box in the entire universe just shrinks after it gets old, like someone sat on it?

It's not a time manipulation device you have, it's a "fix or break things" device, which is completely different.