Zero Punctuation: Siren Blood Curse

Inriri

Jun 4, 2008
Oooh, next week might be Riddick? I can't wait.

The leper joke was pretty good

Spyalt

Apr 11, 2009
*Sigh* When will he learn? Its not funny unless its major games that everyone knows.

rorymclean12

Apr 2, 2009
great review, i never herd of this game before, i like survivel horror but that game sounds crap anyway keep the good work coming =)

Mr.Pandah

Pandah Extremist
Jul 20, 2008
Hehe, there were a few lines that got me laughing out loud. "A child wielding a power tool" and "and my own retardation." That one was pretty good Yahtzee, not that you'll ever give a shit about us saying this =P Oh and Sight Jacking, with the eye fapping off at the computer, hilarious stuff.

Also...very unexpected game choice, and don't do Riddick next week! Pick another game!

bartholen_v1legacy

A dyslexic man walks into a bra.
Jan 24, 2009
Quite average, but these "complete surprise" reviews now and then are a nice break from mainstream.

Were all the characters really that bad?

[/edit] I also liked that he actually spent almost the whole review talking about the bloody game rather than starting from an utterly arbitrary viewpoint, see Little Big Planet and/or H.A.W.X

Broken Blade

Nov 29, 2007
Never even heard of this game?

Funny review, though. It does sound like it could have been a decent game, had it been handled right.

Strong Intelligent

Feb 25, 2009
"It would have to fire white hot shurikens and still it would be better than Siren one"

Also I figured seeing as he's trying new things he could try Pokemon Platnium (Even if it is yet to be PAL released...bloody Americans...)

rbnttn

Jul 6, 2008
SIGHTJACK'UM!!!

Then rake them all!

...I've never heard of this game before...

Legion

Were it so easy
Oct 2, 2008
Spyalt said:
*Sigh* When will he learn? Its not funny unless its major games that everyone knows.
Do you do anything but *****? I swear you were something like the third comment last week saying it was bad.

I don't see why everyone has a panic-attack as soon as he reviews a game that isn't well known by everyone. Do none of Yahtzee's fans have imaginations?

Oh wait, Spyalt you have already answered that for me.

TheDevilsJoker

Aug 13, 2008
Pretty good episode. I stopped after a few chapters because
A: It stopped and started too much
B: I hated alot of the stealth sections set outside
C: It look up frig loads of hard-drive space.

Sight jacking always seemed useless to me because once you have jacked someones sight, figured where they are and tip toed the way there werent looking they have then changed positions completely and see you anyway.

nop532d

Jan 8, 2009
It's amazing people haven't heard of this...it's pretty much the best survival horror game since Silent Hill 2.

ErGo

Feb 25, 2009
Didint see this coming, awesome though, never heard of siren 0.0

Lemonchowder

Apr 20, 2009
In reply to these people who insist that 'this movie is godawful', are you sure that you're not just being tinted by an overwhelming desire to see clone #8454 reviewed? Seriously, I like the idea that he made an unexpected game choice - the mainstream tends to pick up a lot of shit along the way. I liked it, good work.

Ojay

Apr 29, 2009
it was mediocre, not bad, but not great. i liked your previous reviews better, i must admit. still 7/10

Jursa

Oct 11, 2008
It was good, it felt more like an actual review and pointing out the major flaws than tearing it to shreds...

About To Crash

Apr 24, 2009
Spyalt said:
I don't agree. I think that Yahtzee does a good job trying to ensure that we get a sense of actually playing the game was like, and there's no way to get a game that everyone has played, anyway. Hell, he even stated in the beginning that this game came recommended to him by fans of the survival horror genre.
I thoroughly enjoyed this review, as I find I do most, or I wouldn't keep coming back. I like Yahtzee's jokes, especially when he pushes a boundary like racism or sexism, and I find that his review are quite well constructed as opposed to reviews that list the gameplay, graphics, story, in that order. I'm not saying those are always bad, I just like a review style that switches it up.

Spyalt

Apr 11, 2009
Machines Are Us said:
Spyalt said:
Do you do anything but *****? I swear you were something like the third comment last week saying it was bad.

I don't see why everyone has a panic-attack as soon as he reviews a game that isn't well known by everyone. Do none of Yahtzee's fans have imaginations?

Yes I was. I resent that, I used to be a Yahtzee fan but saw the light and changed.

Panzer_God

Welcome to the League of Piccolo
Apr 29, 2009
Yahtzee picked a good-looking game from off the mainstream which deserves to be applauded, not ridiculed by people who wouldn't recognize a good game if it came up and bit them in the bum. They also seem to need to learn proper english, God awful is TWO words!! Learn to speak before you humiliate yourself again.

Clemenstation

Dec 9, 2008
Spyalt said:
Pyronox said:
Spyalt said:
Magnikai said:
That was godawful....it wasn't even really that funny
This.
You both have avatars from Japanese videogames.

Silence.
So racism is your argument. Nice one mate.
I think he was suggesting that their criticisms are invalid because they are (presumably) otaku-esques who will fiercely defend anything Japanese-made to the death.

Not really racist... generalization, definitely.

Spyalt

Apr 11, 2009
Pyronox said:
Spyalt said:
Pyronox said:
Spyalt said:
Magnikai said:
This.

Silence.
How is it racist? It's the common denominator.
That does not make it not racist. Instead of challenging what was said or giving your reasons why you choose to disagree you instead made a pathetic and snide comment. It doesn't impress anyone.

Panzer_God

Welcome to the League of Piccolo
Apr 29, 2009
The light was the doctors making sure the brain damage wasn't fatal.

Spyalt

Apr 11, 2009
About To Crash said:
Spyalt said:
I don't agree. I think that Yahtzee does a good job trying to ensure that we get a sense of actually playing the game was like, and there's no way to get a game that everyone has played, anyway. Hell, he even stated in the beginning that this game came recommended to him by fans of the survival horror genre.
I thoroughly enjoyed this review, as I find I do most, or I wouldn't keep coming back. I like Yahtzee's jokes, especially when he pushes a boundary like racism or sexism, and I find that his review are quite well constructed as opposed to reviews that list the gameplay, graphics, story, in that order. I'm not saying those are always bad, I just like a review style that switches it up.
Thankyou for being possibly the only person on this thread who disagrees with me and gives valid reasons why instead of flaming me.

Spyalt

Apr 11, 2009
Clemenstation said:
Spyalt said:
Pyronox said:
Spyalt said:
Magnikai said:
This.

Silence.
I think he was suggesting that their criticisms are invalid because they are (presumably) otaku-esques who will fiercely defend anything Japanese-made to the death.

I've never actually played a mega man game. Hows that for smashing his generalization?

Spyalt

Apr 11, 2009
Pallindromemordnillap said:
Spyalt said:
Pyronox said:
Spyalt said:
Magnikai said:
This.

Silence.
Actually his argument is that you're biased towards Japanese games. I don't see any mention of racism
Care to prove that I'm biased towards them? No thought not, try harder next time.

ssgt splatter

Oct 8, 2008
What the hell is Siren Blood Curse?
Why haven't I ever heard of this game?
When did this game come out?
How did this game beat Riddick to the chopping block first?...Oh right, Riddick's not out yet.

This wasn't the best review but it was funny in one or two places and by funny I mean it made me crack a weak smile.

Inriri

Jun 4, 2008
Spyalt said:
Machines Are Us said:
Spyalt said:

Yes I was. I resent that, I used to be a Yahtzee fan but saw the light and changed.
If you don't like Yahtzee, then why are you even here? Why are you still posting and arguing in this thread?

Aura Guardian

Apr 23, 2008
Machines Are Us said:
Spyalt said:

Sad isn't it?

Samoftherocks

Oct 4, 2008
"I recommend it for only those undecided on the abortion issue."

I do enjoy how Yahtzee rapes PC sensibility with the all the subtlety of a rabid elephant in a Murano glass shop...

Jay Cee

Nov 27, 2008
The leper gag had the same crazy-ass comedy leverage as "as the exasperated Chinese zoo-keeper said to the last male panda on earth, FUCK THAT!"

Vordark

Feb 22, 2009
Survival horror is dead to me. Silent Hill 2 was one of the scariest and most immersive games I've ever played and the only game that has come close to since was Silent Hill: The Room, right up until the game pulled the dick move of "Now you must do all of the levels again".

All we have now are spring-loaded cats and gore with no attention to atmosphere, pacing, story or character development.

At least now developers seem to be getting zombie games right, ala "Dead Rising" and "Left 4 Dead".

Ryuzaki

The Public Face of L
Nov 5, 2008
I thought that that was a really good review; it'll be interesting to see what he has to say about Riddick as well. Looking forward to next week.

Spyalt

Apr 11, 2009
Inriri said:
Spyalt said:
Machines Are Us said:
Spyalt said:

If you don't like Yahtzee, then why are you even here? Why are you still posting and arguing in this thread?
Just become I am no longer a raving fanboy does not mean I dislike Yahtzee. Don't be so presumptous in future.

Inriri

Jun 4, 2008
Spyalt said:
Inriri said:
Spyalt said:
Machines Are Us said:
Spyalt said:

Just become I am no longer a raving fanboy does not mean I dislike Yahtzee. Don't be so presumptous in future.
Then don't be so vague

Clemenstation

Dec 9, 2008
Even if the review isn't 'funny', it still makes some good points.

Namely: why jump through event hoops when the end result (getting shot) can be achieved organically (by getting shot by the cop earlier, during gameplay, rather than at the predetermined cut-scene point)? That is, indeed, a retarded design decision.

Spyalt

Apr 11, 2009
Inriri said:
Spyalt said:
Inriri said:
Spyalt said:
Machines Are Us said:
Spyalt said:

Then don't be so vague
How was I vague? I said I am no longer a yahtzee fan, you choose to interpret that as I dislike Yahtzee.

Yahtzee Croshaw

Aug 8, 2007
Spyalt said:
Inriri said:
Spyalt said:
Machines Are Us said:
Spyalt said:

Spyalt you are a butthurt, Weeaboo ******. Quit being an internet tough guy, no one takes your opinions seriously so shut the fuck up. now GTFO my yahtzee board!

Yahtzee Croshaw

Aug 8, 2007
Spyalt said:
Pyronox said:
Spyalt said:
Pyronox said:
Spyalt said:
Magnikai said:
This.

Silence.
That does not make it not racist. Instead of challenging what was said or giving your reasons why you choose to disagree you instead made a pathetic and snide comment. It doesn't impress anyone.
How long have you been on the internet?

This is how it works: Review about game genre is negative, genre fan has a sad, other genre fan quotes cause he has a sad too.

That's it. Don't try to pin "racism" on it to try to get people suspended or something.

"OMIGAWD! HE SAID IT WAS A GAME FROM JAPAN! HE MUST BE RACIST!"

Kirra

Apr 14, 2009
I haven't played more then half of the games Yahtzee reviews (This one included) but the reviews are always entertaining.

Inriri

Jun 4, 2008
Spyalt said:
Inriri said:
Spyalt said:
Inriri said:
Spyalt said:
Machines Are Us said:
Spyalt said:

Then don't be so vague
How was I vague? I said I am no longer a yahtzee fan, you choose to interpret that as I dislike Yahtzee.
The phrase "Yes I was. I resent that, I used to be a Yahtzee fan but saw the light and changed" suggests you changed from being a fan to not being a fan. So yea, I interpreted because that's what people do when you make such a vague statement.

Low Frost

Nov 6, 2008
If he thinks the remake was bad, he should try the original.
Clearly Japanese people, ALL of them with distinct britannic accents on their english.
It was friggin hilarious. Siren at the end of the day, tho, is less survival horror, more survival puzzle game, and needs to be played as such. The story, when you piece it together, is one of the best I have seen in a game. No happy endings here.

Spyalt

Apr 11, 2009
littlerudi08043 said:
Spyalt said:
Inriri said:
Spyalt said:
Machines Are Us said:
Spyalt said:

Spyalt you are a butthurt, Weeaboo ******. Quit being an internet tough guy, no one takes your opinions seriously so shut the fuck up. now GTFO my yahtzee board!
Your Yahtzee board? Pah You have only one post mate and the mods will ban you for it shortly anyway.

Kanashe

May 8, 2008
Pyronox said:
Spyalt said:
Magnikai said:
This.

Silence.
Silence yourselfe you Yahtzee sheep.

This so called 'review' blew major piles off ass, every joke was worse than the last one. And again, yahtzee goes with his "Oooh...It's good, but it's still sucks!" momento for wich I wanna break his fucking skull. Silent Blood Curse isn't amazing, but it's a nice work on the horror gameplay, since this time you need to survive more than go gun crazy.

Rampant Human

Feb 11, 2009
"brown one says 'aight' a lot" haha - one of my pet peeves is when people say/write "HIV virus" cuz the V in HIV stands for virus already

Kronopticon

Nov 7, 2007
the whole second person perspective has been done many many times on many unsuccessful games, but one successful game i would like to note is geist, unfortunately for only the gamecube. if released on other consoles, im sure it would've done spanktastically well. but it wasnt, and they failed. it was a very good game though, the storyline forces you to become a poltergeist, hence the title. and you can posses a variety of things to do certain things. like possess anything from a mop and bucket to a series of explosive gas-canisters or humans. with some very nifty weapons and multiplayer gameplay.

yourbeliefs

Bored at Work
Jan 30, 2009
I'd never heard of this game, and even though Yahtzee didn't think too highly of it I at least want to check it out now. Unfortunately it appears that us Americans don't get the luxury of a disc-based version and I'd have to buy a bunch of these episodes, as opposed to getting it off of Gamefly or a friend.. if a demo exists, I'll check that out.

Yahtzee Croshaw

Aug 8, 2007
you are still a butthurt little cry baby, your done, be gone with you and take your stupid comments with you ******.

Spyalt

Apr 11, 2009
littlerudi08043 said:
Spyalt said:
littlerudi08043 said:
Spyalt said:
Inriri said:
Spyalt said:
Machines Are Us said:
Spyalt said:

Your Yahtzee board? Pah You have only one post mate and the mods will ban you for it shortly anyway.

you are still a butthurt little cry baby, you're done, be gone with you and take your stupid comments with you ******.
Actually I'm not little I'm over 6 foot tall. *waits for the bannhammer*

Spyalt

Apr 11, 2009
Pyronox said:
Spyalt said:
Pyronox said:
Spyalt said:
Pyronox said:
Spyalt said:
Magnikai said:
This.

Silence.

This is how it works: Review about game genre is negative, genre fan has a sad, other genre fan quotes cause he has a sad too.

That's it. Don't try to pin "racism" on it to try to get people suspended or something.

Just reread my prior post because it still beats you argument.

BlueInkAlchemist

Ridiculously Awesome
Jun 4, 2008
To me, this week's ZP is all about the masturbating eyeball.

Spyalt said:
Humor, like taste in video games, is subjective. Just because you find the deconstruction of an unknown game to be unamusing because it isn't Halo or something doesn't mean someone else can't see the humor in it. Given that he's a reasonably successful presence and has done so at least partially through comedy, as evidenced by his awards [http://www.fullyramblomatic.com/], it seems to me that he would have a better idea than what is generally funny or what is not than either his guttersniping critics or his fanboys, both of whom are likely held in equal contempt. His opinions on fans are well-known, and I think that, like you, he'd appreciate a well-reasoned counter-argument more than a critic saying, in essence, "YOUR NOT FUNNY STFU." Then again, success in and of itself might not be the best barometer. George Lucas is relatively successful, and his recent success was due to him sodomizing his franchises.

Going by popularity and/or visibility, Yahtzee should review Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Fanboy Fapping Package 4 next.

BlueInkAlchemist

Ridiculously Awesome
Jun 4, 2008

Spyalt said:
Humor, like taste in video games, is subjective. Just because you find the deconstruction of an unknown game to be unamusing because it isn't Halo or something doesn't mean someone else can't see the humor in it. Given that he's a reasonably successful presence and has done so at least partially through comedy, as evidenced by his awards [http://www.fullyramblomatic.com/], it seems to me that he would have a better idea than what is generally funny or what is not than either his guttersniping critics or his fanboys, both of whom are likely held in equal contempt. His opinions on fans are well-known, and I think that, like you, he'd appreciate a well-reasoned counter-argument more than a critic saying, in essence, "YOUR NOT FUNNY STFU." Then again, success in and of itself might not be the best barometer. George Lucas is relatively successful, and his recent success was due to him sodomizing his franchises.

Going by popularity and/or visibility, Yahtzee should review Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Fanboy Fapping Package 4 next.

Spyalt

Apr 11, 2009
BlueInkAlchemist said:

Spyalt said:

Thankyou for being only the second person on this thread to actually put foward valid arguments against me instead of flaming me. However I do resent your generalization which lumps me with leetspeakers and halo fanboys.

BlueInkAlchemist

Ridiculously Awesome
Jun 4, 2008
Spyalt said:
Thank you for being only the second person on this thread to actually put forward valid arguments against me instead of flaming me. However I do resent your generalization which lumps me with leetspeakers and halo fanboys.
By "games everyone knows", one would assume you're referring to something highly mainstream, like Halo. It's entirely possible you agree with Yahtzee that Halo's generally shit, but a criticism of more than one line would have cleared that up immensely. While brevity is the soul of wit, being too brief can lean you towards the dreaded mire of leetspeak, which links me into saying that I'm aware you're not a leetspeaker the way littlerudi08043 is. I did, however, correct your spelling in spacing in the quote above. ;-)

Damien the Pigeon

Oct 23, 2008
Concerning the ad at the beginning:

Oh God! I wanted DDKR to get big, but not...not like this! Oh God, the pony! You killed the pony! We could have had both! Bamalam and ponies could have lived in harmony, but now it'll never be! Oh, God! What have you done?!

Crying over.

Good episode, although I have never heard of the game.

Kanashe

May 8, 2008
littlerudi08043 said:
Spyalt said:
littlerudi08043 said:
Spyalt said:
littlerudi08043 said:
Spyalt said:
Inriri said:
Spyalt said:
Machines Are Us said:
Spyalt said:

you are still a butthurt little cry baby, you're done, be gone with you and take your stupid comments with you ******.
go ahead and wait for it. and while your waiting I'll show what racism is ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ******
Wow, never knew an IQ level could drop this low.

Yahtzee Croshaw

Aug 8, 2007
Spyalt said:
BlueInkAlchemist said:

Spyalt said:

Thankyou for being only the second person on this thread to actually put foward valid arguments against me instead of flaming me. However I do resent your generalization which lumps me with leetspeakers and halo fanboys.
just saying something is racist doesn't make it a good argument.

BlueInkAlchemist

Ridiculously Awesome
Jun 4, 2008
littlerudi08043 said:
go ahead and wait for it. and while your waiting I'll show what racism is
Sir, I find your command of the English language absolutely astounding and stand unashamedly abashed at such deft use of vocabulary.

Aloran

Oct 9, 2008
I love the cartoon-like figures and background that add everything together

"brown ones say "Aight" a lot..."

"LET ME OUT AIGHT!"

BlueInkAlchemist

Ridiculously Awesome
Jun 4, 2008
Kanashe said:
I disagree. Clearly, you need to be a genius to realize how stupid other people with different skin colors are by comparison.

Allan Foe

Dec 20, 2007
Augh.
STOP! DROP! ROLL!
Somebody, please, put those flames out!

The little "Voting Time! GO GO GO" clip at the end made me think how much better Zero Punctuation intro\end credits would be with that funky theme instead of the generic metal one.
Whine whine whine.
I know we've been through this before, but if you're going for the generic no-copyright-infringement-here intro maybe you could mix it up once in a while?

ideitbawx

Jan 4, 2008
i loved the "so in short" word gag he uses. he used to do that a lot, but up until, probably the semi-spoonerism "wad of gore" from april fools day, those blue word screens were generally just really fast descriptions of what he was already saying, and not a word pun.

(by the way, i know there have been acceptions to this {like the university of california crest for "you see" (UC)}, but i couldn't pinpoint a specific review).

maybe i'm just nitpicking, but i always thought that was one of the funniest things about his vids. i haven't lost faith in his reviews (i don't always agree with his opinions on games, but hey, it's one more perspective to consider), but i know which ones i like more than others.

who'd have thought "video game review" could be a category of comedic entertainment in and of itself?

Neeko Masochist

Apr 11, 2008
My god this game was FRUSTRATING! I died at least 15 times trying to realise what to bloody do about the cop. And playing that girl... jesus couldn't do that in one go.

Kanashe

May 8, 2008
BlueInkAlchemist said:
Kanashe said:
I disagree. Clearly, you need to be a genius to realize how stupid other people with different skin colors are by comparison.
Hmmm...You might be on to something.

Sirducki

Mar 13, 2009
Spyalt said:
Pyronox said:
Spyalt said:
Pyronox said:
Spyalt said:
Magnikai said:
This.

Silence.
It impressed me quite alot

kjrubberducky

Dec 21, 2008
Never heard about the game, but good review. I cracked up at the part with the leper saying, "Where's the point?" LOL, you make me look forward to Wednesdays.

Captain Spiral

Apr 22, 2009
"-Full of that Japanese style horror you hold in such high esteem, Watashi Wa Baka Da, etc etc"

LOL. At the risk of sounding like a loser. I do enjoy Japanese Horror to American Horror which seems to only consist of gore and jumping out of closets. So watashi wa baka da? Yes I suppose I AM an idiot.

Spyalt

Apr 11, 2009
BlueInkAlchemist said:
Spyalt said:
Thank you for being only the second person on this thread to actually put forward valid arguments against me instead of flaming me. However I do resent your generalization which lumps me with leetspeakers and halo fanboys.
By "games everyone knows", one would assume you're referring to something highly mainstream, like Halo. It's entirely possible you agree with Yahtzee that Halo's generally shit, but a criticism of more than one line would have cleared that up immensely. While brevity is the soul of wit, being too brief can lean you towards the dreaded mire of leetspeak, which links me into saying that I'm aware you're not a leetspeaker the way littlerudi08043 is. I did, however, correct your spelling in spacing in the quote above. ;-)
While not going for the sympathy vote I would like to point out that I am dyslexic.

Yahtzee Croshaw

Aug 8, 2007
Spyalt said:
Have you ever considered the possibility that he is "actually reviewing" the games he is playing and not just trying to be funny? The word "review" is in the name of his episodes for a reason. I actually find him to be a better reviewer then many of the big reviewers like IGN or gamespot because he does not call every game made by rockstar the "next big leap" simply because it's made by rockstar. I would take Yahtzee's review over the IGN and gamespot reviews any day of the week (well almost).

Spyalt

Apr 11, 2009
littlerudi08043 said:
Spyalt said:
littlerudi08043 said:
Spyalt said:
littlerudi08043 said:
Spyalt said:
Inriri said:
Spyalt said:
Machines Are Us said:
Spyalt said:

go ahead and wait for it. and while your waiting I'll show what racism is ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ******
Good combination. Immature and pathetic, your family must be so proud.

Matu Flp Krwfe

Apr 1, 2009
Strangely enough the commentary about wasted but imaginative mechanics, totalitarian gameplay, utter contempt for characters, and eye gougingly frustrating children resonates in some respect with every japanese designed game I've played this console generation.

Maybe that's just terrible luck on my part but the thoroughness of the crap leads me to believe that good game design in Japan suffered a terribly excrucating death and from this point on the country be quarentined from the rest of the world lest we suffer another SSBB or Lost Odyssey.

Spyalt

Apr 11, 2009
Sirducki said:
Spyalt said:
Pyronox said:
Spyalt said:
Pyronox said:
Spyalt said:
Magnikai said:
This.

Silence.
It impressed me quite alot
*sigh* Snide and pathetic comments again, what on earth is happening to the escapist?

ideitbawx

Jan 4, 2008
Spyalt said:
BlueInkAlchemist said:

Spyalt said:

to be frank, you kind of brought that on yourself. if there were more detail on yourself in your post than one subjective opinion and a rhetorical question, we might not see you as a well-rounded gamer with a taste in niche genres.

and in case you wanted to know, i'm not a gamer; i'm a musician who enjoys yahtzee's reviews more for his personality and his take on the world (and himself) than the games, so regardless of how big or how requested the game, i can find some kind of humour in his reviews. so your assumption of who watches these videos and why has just been proven, to an extent, false (and i quote: "Its not funny unless its major games that everyone knows."). personally, i think if you take his personal opinion 100% of the time, or just base everything you play solely on his (or anyone's) word without trying it yourself, then you're looking in the wrong place for information. look how many trolls have left angry posts in all caps screaming about how great the game is. everyone's allowed their opinions, and anyone who doesn't understand "personal taste" is missing the point.

plus this is a good forum. it's got some yahoos, and some trolls, and definitely some misinterpreted posts, but it's a well-knit community for an internet message board

DanRSL

May 14, 2008
"wotawshi woh bakkah guyjin"

ouch, I cringed a little at the pronunciation there, which I am sure was the point, but still ouch. Unhappily takes me back to the Far Cry 2 review.

Maybe accents and other languages (aside from German, which you seem okay with) are better left to their natives.

johnman

Oct 14, 2008
"oh its no good because ive never heard of the game!"
That is retarded. Just because you havent heard of the game doesnt mean you cant enjoy the review!

Yahtzee Croshaw

Aug 8, 2007
Spyalt said:
Hardcore_gamer said:
Spyalt said:
Have you ever considered the possibility that he is "actually reviewing" the games he is playing and not just trying to be funny? The word "review" is in the name of his episodes for a reason. I actually find him to be a better reviewer then many of the big reviewers like IGN or gamespot because he does not call every game made by rockstar the "next big leap" simply because it's made by rockstar. I would take Yahtzee's review over the IGN and gamespot reviews any day of the week (well almost).
This post and your name give me the right to take everything you say as ignorant babble and I shall treat it as such.
And why is that?

JPAD89

Apr 21, 2009
i must admit, for a game reviewer who normally makes milk and other things shoot out of my nose at a velocity only steel armoured dinosaurs could survive...that was about as funny as watching mary poppins on dope paint a uniform fence.

OblivionWolf

Nov 11, 2008
If I didn't think it to be above Yahtzee's character to do such a thing (Har har), I would hazard a guess that "Spyalt" is a Yahtzee alt sent here to terrorize and humiliate his fans while at the same time trolling for praise to soothe his mild-mannered-alter-(mega)-ego . I can imagine him enjoying that.

Except there is a bit too much anger there I guess to be Yahtzee... oh well. Yahtzee on drugs?

Spyalt

Apr 11, 2009
Hardcore_gamer said:
Spyalt said:
Hardcore_gamer said:
Spyalt said:
This post and your name give me the right to take everything you say as ignorant babble and I shall treat it as such.
And why is that?
As I said your name and the fact that you considered taking Yahtzee's review over one of IGN's or gamespot's.

Bediz

Apr 20, 2009
I'm glad there wasn't a great deal of venom hurled at the sightjacking concept. Any time a designer takes a step out of the box like that, it's good for gaming as a whole (even if the execution of the idea ends up being a useless feature).

Apr 17, 2009
Spyalt said:
Spyalt said:
Pyronox said:
Spyalt said:
Magnikai said:
This.

Silence.
Actually his argument is that you're biased towards Japanese games. I don't see any mention of racism
Care to prove that I'm biased towards them? No thought not, try harder next time.
Your av is from a Japanese game. Given that neither I nor he know you personally, all we have to go on is how you represent yourself on The Escapist. And you have chosen to represent yourself with something Japanese. Hence, logically, you are fond of them and thus have some bias. QED

Spyalt

Apr 11, 2009
Spyalt said:
Spyalt said:
Pyronox said:
Spyalt said:
Magnikai said:
This.

Silence.
Your av is from a Japanese game. Given that neither I nor he know you personally, all we have to go on is how you represent yourself on The Escapist. And you have chosen to represent yourself with something Japanese. Hence, logically, you are fond of them and thus have some bias. QED
I have never actually played a mega man game but I will know change my avatar just to make you happy.

ElTigreNegro

Jan 17, 2009
Spyalt said:
Hardcore_gamer said:
Spyalt said:
Hardcore_gamer said:
Spyalt said:
And why is that?
As I said your name and the fact that you considered taking Yahtzee's review over one of IGN's or gamespot's.
I would take a Yahtzee review over a ign or gamespot review any day.

Also, why is everyone being so retarded? "You has japanese avatar, you have a dumb nick, you like stuff i don't like, so i will insult your comments" Yahtzee's videos do gather plenty of angry sex-less fanboys and what not, but this is going way over the top.

ikari_matt

Aug 19, 2008
i got confuse at the end, so did yathzeee liked this game or not? x_X i liked that game

Stylish_Robot

Dec 29, 2008
It was an alright review though I do agree with the "this works/no it doesn't!" part, some games have absolutely BS ways to beat the game even though you know your method would work too

Zydrate

Apr 1, 2009
OH MY GOD. He used the -same- exact (airsoft) shotgun I did in one of my recent stick figure comics... He googled "shotgun" just like I did!

Barry93

Mar 5, 2009
Well that was the strangest opening ad i've ever seen but nice vid anyway. First part wasn't funny at all but the second half was great.

VannBlackwings

Apr 29, 2009
Spyalt said:
Spyalt said:
Spyalt said:
Pyronox said:
Spyalt said:
Magnikai said:
This.

Silence.
I have never actually played a mega man game but I will know change my avatar just to make you happy.
Hello Spyalt!

No I dont really have a good idea on why your posting in these forums, but Im going to take a good guess (seeing as this is my first post ;D).

While your entitled to your opinion on what you thought Yahtzee's review was like (however biased it might be), you are very negligent towards other peoples comments on this board, especially if they challenge you on your unfounded and clearly confusing remarks. Futhermore, it seems you havent quite grasped the concept on these, and have just replied back with no hint of wit and in a childlike matter which is the equivalent of "Im right, you wrong so nah".

The fact you cant even reply to some of the more intellectual remarks on your "oh so, top notch wit", shows you have no real purpose and havent even grasped the language and intellect in order to form a response to them.

Im guessing your going through a tough point in your life at the moment, but you need another outlet apart from taking it out on people in this forum, (or any forum for that matter). I cannot assume to know what your like in real life but from judging from your post you seem to not be a very nice person and possibly lacking in decent proper social skills. Just face it, your wrong, not everyone has the same tastes but one thing is true though, the only people that deserve to be flamed are people that flame others just for having an opinion.

Peace

Swaki

Apr 15, 2009
the whole point of reviewing an older game is to inform about an older diamond, reviewing an old bad game is pointless

tedrius

Apr 12, 2009
the review was pretty good, the humour was there though it was not as good as some other reviews he has done but all in all I liked it.

IamQ

Mar 29, 2009
Annoying escort quests...the bane of anyone's life
Indeed. And sucky AI makes it worse. Like when the person you're supposed to escort is running ahead, then screaming complaining that someone should've told him about the gigantic monster that almost killed him.

Magnikai

Oct 29, 2008
Clemenstation said:
Spyalt said:
Pyronox said:
Spyalt said:
Magnikai said:
This.

Silence.

Really? So my opinion is invalid because I chose a picture at random from my hard drive to represent myself on an online forum? What does that say about you being a bit to eager to discredit what the other side has to say?

While I may have quick-fired my original post off without coming up with supporting reasons as to what I was saying or really even what I was aiming at (for this, I apologize) I will clarify this now.

I thought the review in and of itself was godawful, mostly because it didn't seem like the Yahtzee I come here every Wednesday to in order to laugh at another one of his videos. The game overall seemed rather stupid, I'm not a huge fan of the whole 'exactly ONE solution to problem x', so I would probably not have enjoyed this game myself. But seeing as how I lack a PS3, I guess that problem is null anyway.

Otaku though, really? I would shoot myself before becoming anything remotely Otakuish.

Redhobbit

Sep 24, 2008
Spyalt said:
*sigh* Snide and pathetic comments again, what on earth is happening to the escapist?
A high and mighty troll who dismisses any and all posts that do not contain his precious valid arguments has invaded the Escapist.

Although VannBlackwings put it a lot more nicely.

Seamus8

Mar 26, 2008
Never heard of this game...

I love to see innovation, though I think we all hate to see it done so poorly.

Spyalt

Apr 11, 2009
Redhobbit said:
Spyalt said:
A high and mighty troll who dismisses any and all posts that do not contain his precious valid arguments has invaded the Escapist.

Although VannBlackwings put it a lot more nicely.
Look at all the posts I have replied to on this thread. I have respondly poorly to those who have flamed me, and to those who have put foward valid argument I have thanked them for doing so and respected there opinions. So even though it makes me sound childish I am right and you all wrong.

floyd pinkerton

Feb 11, 2009
VannBlackwings said:
Spyalt said:
Spyalt said:
Spyalt said:
Pyronox said:
Spyalt said:
Magnikai said:
This.

Silence.
Hello Spyalt!

No I dont really have a good idea on why your posting in these forums, but Im going to take a good guess (seeing as this is my first post ;D).

While your entitled to your opinion on what you thought Yahtzee's review was like (however biased it might be), you are very negligent towards other peoples comments on this board, especially if they challenge you on your unfounded and clearly confusing remarks. Futhermore, it seems you havent quite grasped the concept on these, and have just replied back with no hint of wit and in a childlike matter which is the equivalent of "Im right, you wrong so nah".

The fact you cant even reply to some of the more intellectual remarks on your "oh so, top notch wit", shows you have no real purpose and havent even grasped the language and intellect in order to form a response to them.

Im guessing your going through a tough point in your life at the moment, but you need another outlet apart from taking it out on people in this forum, (or any forum for that matter). I cannot assume to know what your like in real life but from judging from your post you seem to not be a very nice person and possibly lacking in decent proper social skills. Just face it, your wrong, not everyone has the same tastes but one thing is true though, the only people that deserve to be flamed are people that flame others just for having an opinion.

Peace
you, young sir, have expertly summarized my own opinion.

EDIT- I also hope you die in a fire

The_Prophet

Sep 3, 2008
PirateKing said:
Anyone think Yahtzee reads what we write?
Nope, why would he.

On this topic: This one was awesome and funny but not as awesome as the previous ones.

ccdistancerunner

Sep 11, 2008
"Use the 2 sight jackings and watch your framerate buttfucked to the point of, say, Powerpoint"
I had to stop the video because I was laughing too hard.

Sotanaht

Mar 6, 2008
I would like to mention one particular game with a second person feature with which everyone here should be familiar: Psychonaughts. The Clairvoyance ability allowed you to see through the eyes of your target, and it was nearly a requirement during one boss-fight to use it while fighting.

Yahtzee Croshaw

Aug 8, 2007
Its actually a decent game despite what Yahtzee says (and he did praise it briefly) its probably worth the buy if you come across it

Worr Monger

Jan 21, 2008
Looks like we're in the season of obscure titles. Never even heard of this.

Still funny though.

solidstatemind

Digital Oracle
Nov 9, 2008
Spyalt said:

So even though it makes me sound childish I am right and you all wrong.
Hm. While oridnarily I try to avoid these pointless flamewars, I think this needs to be mentioned. Ironically, it was you who asked the question 'what has happened to the Escapist' earlier.

Your own words are exactly what has 'happened.' The fact that you thanked people for not outright flaming you for your opinions does not make it any better when you proceed to summarily dismiss their counterarguments without any support for your own position. So, you're polite. You're still not actually talking.

And make no mistake: what you are doing is standing in a room and shouting your opinion at the top of your lungs. That is not 'discourse'. That is not 'debate'. That is not 'discussion'. And that-- exactly that-- is what has been wrong with the Escapist lately.

You are technically no better than littlerudi, you just are a bit (well, OK, a lot) less obnoxious in how you state your opinion. You want to stop the culture in these forums from souring? Discuss things. Or failing that, use the phrase "we'll have to agree to disagree", but don't mindlessly keep repeating your opinion just because you feel some sort of pathological desire to assert your authority about a subjective (for God's sake) topic. It makes you look immature, and again to use your own words- gives me the right to ignore anything that comes out of your mouth ever again.

And that would be a shame, because you seem to have a brain, and are active, and generally those are the types of people I like to see posting in these forums.

Biek

Mar 5, 2008
Incidentally, I was playing this game at the same time I was watching this. (Just went on the pc to read up on gamefaqs.)

I cant say I disagree with the gist of Yahtzee's points. The sight jack thing is nifty, but it makes your screen all choppy as a "telepathic migraine" effect. I hate moving around while doing it so I only use it to pinpoint enemies when im in a safe place.

I think the enemies couldve had a honorable mention for creeping me the f*ck out! Weve all seen the spider walk thing in the exorcist but damn, it gets to me everytime. I remember sight jacking one and wondering why their vision was upside down...

I like the story, but its kind of hard to understand. In fact, I needed a plot analysis from gamefaqs to really understand whats going on. If I didnt look it up i'd call it a mish mash of flashbacks with different outcomes everytime. Very confusing. Hanuda probably isnt a very big place since every character in the cast visit every location at least once, causing you to explore the same levels many times.

daedrick

Jul 23, 2008
I watched the COMPLETE walktrough of this game on youtube and I enjoyed it. :)

That is all.

nixomose

Apr 24, 2009
Incidentally, I have a zero punctuation t shirt and now I have a zero punctuation mug as well. Blub blub.

LeGrotesque

Mar 10, 2009
I was WONDERING when you were going to review this! Right on!

In the first Siren game my friend was playing and got stuck on the level with the seventy-year-old man with the shotgun, not because we kept dying, but because WE HAD NO IDEA WHAT THE HELL THE GAME WANTED US TO DO. Siren was good in THEORY, but it's execution was like watching a one-legged man trying to run a three-legged race. Awkward, and ultimately, disappointing. I ended up handing the game over to a friend so I could make some room on my memory card for Silent Hill 3 (which of course then reminded me how much I fucking HATE SILENT HILL CONTROLS. Up = Forward is FAIL).

I was somewhat excited for the new Siren, considering none of the other sequels have even seen the light of DAY in Canada/the U.S., and especially since the voice acting in the first one was OMG BRITISH and therefore fifty times less annoying and pathetic than it would've been with American voice actors, but because I was hoping they'd improved.

Apparently, not.

Thank you Yahtzee, for reviewing a game that probably SHOULD get more attention, even if it does fall flat on its face most of the time.

LeGrotesque

Mar 10, 2009
DRUNK_CANADIAN said:
Its actually a decent game despite what Yahtzee says (and he did praise it briefly) its probably worth the buy if you come across it
It's only $9.99 at any EB Games store.

Mr.Switchblade

Dec 1, 2008
Strong Intelligent said:
"It would have to fire white hot shurikens and still it would be better than Siren one"

Also I figured seeing as he's trying new things he could try Pokemon Platnium (Even if it is yet to be PAL released...bloody Americans...)
Yes, because pokemon something people still care about.....

mikecoulter

Dec 27, 2008
Sadly I've never heard of this game... And hearing him breath on the microphone midway through the video just spoiled it for me. Ah well, everyone up until now has been gold, so a silver star can't be too bad now and then can't be bad can it?

mike1921

Oct 17, 2008
Kanashe said:
This so called 'review' blew major piles off ass, every joke was worse than the last one. And again, yahtzee goes with his "Oooh...It's good, but it's still sucks!" momento for wich I wanna break his fucking skull. Silent Blood Curse isn't amazing, but it's a nice work on the horror gameplay, since this time you need to survive more than go gun crazy.
..The fuck? I don't remember him saying this game is good.

LeGrotesque

Mar 10, 2009
bartholen said:
Quite average, but these "complete surprise" reviews now and then are a nice break from mainstream.

Were all the characters really that bad?
In the original Forbidden Siren, the second level requires you, a cop, to have some schoolgirl assitant of yours follow you around like a retarded puppy. She never stops whining, and more often than not would jump in front of me when I went to shoot a Shibito (Japanese zombies). I actually wasted a level to shoot her so I could relieve my hate-induced stress. -_-; SERIOUSLY. BAD. CHARACTER DESIGN.

On the bright side, it was much easier listening to British voices than American ones. They actually suited the Japanese characters better - the enunciation and general flow of the language was more similar from British-English to Japanese than American-English to Japanese.

Spyalt

Apr 11, 2009
solidstatemind said:
Spyalt said:

Hm. While oridnarily I try to avoid these pointless flamewars, I think this needs to be mentioned. Ironically, it was you who asked the question 'what has happened to the Escapist' earlier.

Your own words are exactly what has 'happened.' The fact that you thanked people for not outright flaming you for your opinions does not make it any better when you proceed to summarily dismiss their counterarguments without any support for your own position. So, you're polite. You're still not actually talking.

And make no mistake: what you are doing is standing in a room and shouting your opinion at the top of your lungs. That is not 'discourse'. That is not 'debate'. That is not 'discussion'. And that-- exactly that-- is what has been wrong with the Escapist lately.

You are technically no better than littlerudi, you just are a bit (well, OK, a lot) less obnoxious in how you state your opinion. You want to stop the culture in these forums from souring? Discuss things. Or failing that, use the phrase "we'll have to agree to disagree", but don't mindlessly keep repeating your opinion just because you feel some sort of pathological desire to assert your authority about a subjective (for God's sake) topic. It makes you look immature, and again to use your own words- gives me the right to ignore anything that comes out of your mouth ever again.

And that would be a shame, because you seem to have a brain, and are active, and generally those are the types of people I like to see posting in these forums.
I resent the editing of that quote because what I said was a deliberately immature response to some immature flaming. That aside however you do make some good points.

Yahtzee Croshaw

Aug 8, 2007
Kanashe said:
Pyronox said:
Spyalt said:
Magnikai said:
This.

Silence.

Oh give me a break, I disagree with more than half of his reviews, but I can still find them entertaining because I don't have a stick jammed in my arse.

You can't say this "review" sucked and comment on the jokes made because it's just Yahtzee's personality.

Oh btw, Japanese games are going down the crapper atm.

*Flushhhhhhhhhh*

Yahtzee Croshaw

Aug 8, 2007
Spyalt said:
Pyronox said:
Spyalt said:
Pyronox said:
Spyalt said:
Pyronox said:
Spyalt said:
Magnikai said:
This.

Silence.

Fail.

ThEGr33k

Oct 21, 2008
Left 4 Dead is a good survivor game imo. Im pretty sure the review from yourself passed as a good one. :D

Spyalt

Apr 11, 2009
Pyronox said:
Spyalt said:
Pyronox said:
Spyalt said:
Pyronox said:
Spyalt said:
Pyronox said:
Spyalt said:
Magnikai said:
This.

Silence.

Fail.
Yes your post was.

Glerken

Dec 18, 2008
I like how he put the spoiler alert at the end of the spoiler.

Funny as always. Probably would have been better if I had ever heard of this game.

Yahtzee Croshaw

Aug 8, 2007
Spyalt said:
Pyronox said:
Spyalt said:
Pyronox said:
Spyalt said:
Pyronox said:
Spyalt said:
Pyronox said:
Spyalt said:
Magnikai said:
This.

Silence.

Fail.
Yes your post was.
Your tears are delicious.

VannBlackwings

Apr 29, 2009
Spyalt said:
solidstatemind said:
Spyalt said:

I resent the editing of that quote because what I said was a deliberately immature response to some immature flaming. That aside however you do make some good points.
Im kind of confused where you say "That aside however you do make some good points". Does that mean your learning from them or are you just agreeing with him but continuing to ignore them? If you are learning from the fact that what he is saying is true, then it cant just be for one day, otherwise that would just be groundhog day learning.

Ben66

Mar 6, 2009
Good review. Too bad such a promising game turned out to be bad. I played the first Siren game, it had me legitimately frightened (as long as there wasn't anyone speaking. God, the voice acting was terrible...).

Loved the giant eyeball at the computer gag. Didn't even know Chzo had a computer.

Yahtzee Croshaw

Aug 8, 2007
Spyalt said:
Hardcore_gamer said:
Spyalt said:
Hardcore_gamer said:
Spyalt said:
And why is that?
So what are you saying? That liking his reviews more makes me stupid? Why? Why can't i like his reviews more then the ones at IGN and gamespot if a desire to do so?

I also mean what i said in my other reply, that the big magazines give most high-profile games way too high scores. GTA 4 and Crysis for example were overrated to death. If you don't agree then there is nothing wrong at that, everybody can have there own opinions. But i would like you stop throwing insults at me (or anybody else for that matter) simply for not agreeing or sharing your view on things.

Yahtzee Croshaw

Aug 8, 2007
I disagree with everything Yahtzee said this week. I thought Siren: Blood Curse was one of the best PS3 exclusives to come out in 2008.

PhiMed

Nov 26, 2008
I've been wondering whether this game was something I should be interested in. Thank you for confirming my suspicion that is it not.

Also, anencephalic infants wouldn't necessarily be my preference if they were still alive. That'd be really creepy... actually headless babies might make a great premise for a horror game. God idea.

PhiMed

Nov 26, 2008
Shibito091192 said:
I disagree with everything Yahtzee said this week. I thought Siren: Blood Curse was one of the PS3 exclusives to come out in 2008.
I don't think he disputed the fact that it was a ps3 exclusive, and I'm pretty sure he didn't dispute the fact that it came out in 2008.

Just messing with you, by the way. Don't get upset because I'm amused by a typo.

Destroy Gundam

Feb 20, 2009
Who is the "expressionless man" that he keeps using in these videos?

But overall, I found this review funny, even though I've never really played this game/

Lukirre

Feb 24, 2009
People really need to step back and shut the hell up in this thread.
It's composed mainly of Spyalt trolling and people bitching at him.
Stop feeding the animals and then demanding they don't come back.

I thought that this review was enjoyable.
Definately not his best, but it's difficult when you only have so much material to work with.

I've never really considered Yahtzee to be the one to take overly seriously.
He's an entertainer.
Yes, it's true that his reviews to deserve some merit, but they're not meant to be groundbreaking for the review content.
It's just supposed to make you chuckle.
Anyone who takes them to heart needs to fuck off.
Seriously.

Kanashe

May 8, 2008
Pyronox said:
Kanashe said:
Pyronox said:
Spyalt said:
Magnikai said:
This.

Silence.

Oh give me a break, I disagree with more than half of his reviews, but I can still find them entertaining because I don't have a stick jammed in my arse.

You can't say this "review" sucked and comment on the jokes made because it's just Yahtzee's personality.

Oh btw, Japanese games are going down the crapper atm.

*Flushhhhhhhhhh*
Yeah, his personality of being a walking/talking dick, who's in dire need of getting a sock shoved down his throat. Yahtzee is going down the tubes as fast as the economy gets buttfucked, all his jokes are getting bland and stupid (I could find more entertaiment by looking at roadkill,) if there are people who still see him as a'comedy genius' and 'reviwer' then they deserve to be shot in the face. Also there are some good Japanese games out there, sure they aren't perfect, but they're atleast fun.

Kanashe

May 8, 2008
Lukirre said:
People really need to step back and shut the hell up in this thread.
It's composed mainly of Spyalt trolling and people bitching at him.
Stop feeding the animals and then demanding they don't come back.

I thought that this review was enjoyable.
Definately not his best, but it's difficult when you only have so much material to work with.

I've never really considered Yahtzee to be the one to take overly seriously.
He's an entertainer.
Yes, it's true that his reviews to deserve some merit, but they're not meant to be groundbreaking for the review content.
It's just supposed to make you chuckle.
Anyone who takes them to heart needs to fuck off.
Seriously.
I belive the problem is how he acts/presents his reviews, wich make people take it seriously. Also on how he always claims that he's a pro reviewer, plus I woulden't even consider him as an entertainer since he bassicly fails at that as well.

Idocreating

Apr 16, 2009
Less funny than other ZP videos? Sure. But i enjoy ZP a lot more when he honestly reviews something rather than just a relentless bash-a-thon of the game/genre/console which he's been prone to doing recently.

Lukirre

Feb 24, 2009
Kanashe said:
I belive the problem is how he acts/presents his reviews, wich make people take it seriously. Also on how he always claims that he's a pro reviewer, plus I woulden't even consider him as an entertainer since he bassicly fails at that as well.
That's kind of the point.
What helps make his style is the profound sense of arrogance that he brings to it.

Obviously it won't be everyone's cup of tea.
No one entertainer is going to please the masses.
But that doesn't mean that he's any less of one for it.

Just read through his threads and see all the people who have enjoyed his videos.
Dispensing bile as a response to bile is only adding to the mess.

kavinsky

Feb 11, 2009
I don't know why but I get the feeling yahtzee needs to take a break, forget about games and come back in a month or so fully rejuvenated and as sarcastic as possible!

yeash a ton of people are getting susupended, just lighten up and do your research on the game he reviewed before you watch it and you'll get the jokes.

I loved his revew on hawxs last week it just needed abit more out of the blue, a shot in the ass humor, like the "NOT A RACIST" photo from the 50 cent videogame he review from a few weeks ago.

Feb 6, 2009
Strong Intelligent said:

I'd put a vote for that.It would be fun to see Yahtzee obliterate my childhood favorite.

j_meister

Jul 20, 2008
That was an f'd up review Yahtzee.

... and I freakin' loved it. Laughed my ass off at a few points.
Your avatar leaping in with the coathanger at the end is priceless.
Wrong, but priceless.

hoov

Jan 21, 2009
Why do so many people feel the need to comment that they haven't heard of the game? It was released on psn first but I'm fairy sure it was later released at a budget price, it's not that obscure.

I quite liked the game, but most of yahtzee's criticisms are valid, but it wasn't his funniest.

Judithia

Mar 25, 2009
Oh wow for once i agree with yahtzee.

Its a nice that for once he actually reviews a bad game instead of a good game that he sucks at playing.

Chadling

Oct 8, 2008
Awesome review, Yahtzee, and pretty spot on.

And as I said in an earlier comment about a ZP that I didn't care for, this had the unpredictable humor that I love to see in these reviews. The leprosy joke: I had to stop for a second and rewind just to confirm that yes, Yahtzee did in fact say what I think he just said. And the abortion joke.

Gratzi, you have just made my day a tiny bit better. Only a tiny bit, because it was pretty awesome to start with.

DamienHell

Oct 17, 2007
I have to agree, the ONLY good survival-horror game I ever played was the Penumbra series, after that scary video games don't even affect me anymore.

RockSteady

Jan 21, 2009
Fucking. Unskippable. Ads.

also wheee look im as random as yahtzee etc etc suddenly this was my viewpoint all along.

Minimax

Apr 30, 2009
I love that at around 4:15 he almost starts to laugh when he says that the girl frees herself, made me chuckle.

I tested this at Sony last year, hated it.

lleihsad

Apr 9, 2009
It's REALLY annoying when you're required to successfully protect a character that the game will later kill off anyway. A similar writing offense is for the game to follow a boss fight you just won with a cutscene of the boss kicking your ass, especially when losing said boss fight results in a game over. It's like playing D&D with an atrocious hack for a DM.

lleihsad

Apr 9, 2009
He doesn't MAKE people do anything - there will always be those who adopt the opinions of others in lieu of forming their own, and Mr. Croshaw has certainly made his opinions known in a very quotable way.

I don't agree with all of his reviews, either, but at least I have the good sense not to to say that Yahtzee's fans should be "shot in the face".

ix_tab

Apr 25, 2009
I have never read the comments on a ZP video before. And now I understand why I instinctively shyed away from it.

Jesus h christ, fanboys and anti-fanboys scare the crap out of me.

Also, since my sister's laptop has decided that it hates me and all I stand for I have to wait until I get home to watch this video. And yes, it's a game I've never heard of, because I don't have a PS3, and neither do any of my friends. I'll still watch it and enjoy it. I don't think there's anything wrong with picking a game that isn't as well known as others. As a reviewer, isn't that his perogative?

Devornine

Apr 14, 2009
I think it is just hilarious that people are mad when he reviews something and they don't like it. A review is an oppinion! If you disagree with Yahtzee time and again that is okay!

Magnikai

Oct 29, 2008
Pyronox said:
Magnikai said:
Pyronox said:
Spyalt said:
Magnikai said:
This.

Silence.
That has nothing to do with anything, sir.
So? :3

Pokemon is from Japan too, btw...
Yet again you bring up the avatar thing, what is that how you see how valid an argument is or something?

Tylenol

Feb 11, 2009
To go completely back onto topic. I played this game and I thought the dumbest part was the ending and the boss fight. Its like fighting a big spider while on LSD, not to mention the subtlety gets completely trashed in the 10th or so chapter. I mean once he started swinging a katana around I know it had departed horror completely. Though still a good game and a great review.

Mr. Blond

Mar 4, 2009
again not really a review...funny (leper joke cracked me up)...but a rant at best...he spoiled part of the plot (also funny)for jebus sake...told us there was a path in the woods we need to find and then you get killed (scary for some but still another spoiler)...i could go on...i love the series...i think yahtzee is brilliant...but these are not reviews...did he even say if he liked it as much a silent hill 4 or whatever

Mr. Blond

Mar 4, 2009
oh and i know i'll probably get ridiculed for this next question...but who's the dude he shows the headshot of in so many episodes...the one with the red hair?

Kanashe

May 8, 2008
Lukirre said:
Kanashe said:
That's kind of the point.
What helps make his style is the profound sense of arrogance that he brings to it.

Obviously it won't be everyone's cup of tea.
No one entertainer is going to please the masses.
But that doesn't mean that he's any less of one for it.

Just read through his threads and see all the people who have enjoyed his videos.
Dispensing bile as a response to bile is only adding to the mess.
Agreed, I just don't find alot of humor in this (a chuckel one or two maybe.) Some people do yes, but it's annoying when they go on this protection of yahtzee calling him some sort of humor God and reviewer, wich he ain't and never was/will be. Plus I kinda have a feeling that he hasn't even played the original Siren on the PS2, wich by far was HORRENDESLY bad, and practically impossible to pass without a walktrough. Just because he mentioned it, doesn't mean he played it. The only thing I'd agree with him, was the voice acting, wich was badly translated from the Japanese. The othere things he said sucked can be countered by bringing the Siren for the PS2.

Lenoh

Apr 22, 2009
Yet another survival-horror game.

It's not that Yahtzee is trying to play all the FPSurvorror he can, it's that IT'S THE ONLY BLOODY THING GAME COMPANIES WILL PUMP OUT FOR A QUICK BUCK NOWADAYS.

That and Madden.

jemborg

Oct 10, 2008
BlueInkAlchemist said:
Kanashe said:
littlerudi08043 said:
you are still a butthurt little cry baby, your done, be gone with you and take your stupid comments with you ******.
Made of win. Kudos.
Yes, well put Kanashe (and BlueInk ,as per), just what I was thinking.

On another note... just who is that dude who's headshot keeps appearing in all his reviews lately? Is that someone in particular?

xqxm

Oct 17, 2008
In my honest opinion, no game has made horror/psychological thriller GOOD. I might even go as far as to say that no film has made psychological horror/thrillers good ever, either.

If there is something i dislike more than coming home to find a hobo rubbing his balls all over my bed, it's the japanese influence on a game. Yes, their stock characters, clichees and TERRIBLE TERRIBLE dialog writing/voice acting is what made me have to FORCE myself through Silent Hill 2, damn well trying to enjoy the story and get immersed, but i failed immensively. Maybe if i had played it when i came out, i would actually have enjoyed it, but that's probably because i was 10 at the time.

You all just wait until i can cough up the dough to keep a dev team afloat, and release an immersive psychological horror game that will redefine the genre and piss on your dead cat.

yes, this is what we should assume is going to happen. that, or nobody will buy it because people generally don't support the good games (a lá grim fandango).

bye.

Pumpkin_Eater

Mar 17, 2009
Didn't like this one. A year old game I had never heard of, and it was apparently a meritless piece of trash. Since this is where I come for reviews I'd rather see newer stuff so I can get an idea of what to avoid.

Kanashe

May 8, 2008
xqxm said:
In my honest opinion, no game has made horror/psychological thriller GOOD. I might even go as far as to say that no film has made psychological horror/thrillers good ever, either.

If there is something i dislike more than coming home to find a hobo rubbing his balls all over my bed, it's the japanese influence on a game. Yes, their stock characters, clichees and TERRIBLE TERRIBLE dialog writing/voice acting is what made me have to FORCE myself through Silent Hill 2, damn well trying to enjoy the story and get immersed, but i failed immensively. Maybe if i had played it when i came out, i would actually have enjoyed it, but that's probably because i was 10 at the time.

You all just wait until i can cough up the dough to keep a dev team afloat, and release an immersive psychological horror game that will redefine the genre and piss on your dead cat.

yes, this is what we should assume is going to happen. that, or nobody will buy it because people generally don't support the good games (a lá grim fandango).

bye.

Also, Grim Fandango wasn't all that perfict, so suck it.

Lord Krunk

Mar 3, 2008
PirateKing said:
Anyone think Yahtzee reads what we write?
I think his comment about fans from the T-shirt ad says it all, and I actually agree with him, not to mention that he's got his own forum that he moderates.

The ZP threads are generally a front for concentrated stupid in these forums.

On-topic, I enjoyed this review. Not his best, but far from his worst.

Yahtzee Croshaw

Aug 8, 2007
Magnikai said:
Pyronox said:
Magnikai said:
Pyronox said:
Spyalt said:
Magnikai said:
This.

Silence.
That has nothing to do with anything, sir.
So? :3

Pokemon is from Japan too, btw...
Yet again you bring up the avatar thing, what is that how you see how valid an argument is or something?
It's not a valid argument, it's a comment.

xqxm

Oct 17, 2008
Kanashe said:
xqxm said:

bye.

Name one game that has done horror right?

Seeing as how you don't think Grim Fandango was one of the best games ever, i'm half expecting you to bring up some shitty asshat game like Dead Space, so congratulations for proving to me that some people actually shouldn't be allowed to partake in popular votes.

Cheers!

p.s. I think even you can agree that Grim Fandango was several steps above for example NHL 1999 in the great order of things, but people will rather stick with safe, familiar immensively product placed and sold out games, than to try something that's a little off. I think that's sad, that's all.

kavinsky

Feb 11, 2009
Ah forgot one other thing, if your reading this Yahtzee that "fans are cling complaining dipshits.." clip at the end has gotten redundant and annoying, can you please switch back to the old, silent ad for the ZP t shirts?

Kanashe

May 8, 2008
xqxm said:
Kanashe said:
xqxm said:

bye.

Name one game that has done horror right?

Seeing as how you don't think Grim Fandango was one of the best games ever, i'm half expecting you to bring up some shitty asshat game like Dead Space, so congratulations for proving to me that some people actually shouldn't be allowed to partake in popular votes.

Cheers!

p.s. I think even you can agree that Grim Fandango was several steps above for example NHL 1999 in the great order of things, but people will rather stick with safe, familiar immensively product placed and sold out games, than to try something that's a little off. I think that's sad, that's all.
Calling Grim Fandango a 'ze best game ever' has as much solid ground as calling Uwe Boll a movie genius, because there's no such thing as a perfect game, get it trough your heads. Grim Fandago suffered from two annoyings things; one being the fucking controls, two that this game was mostly based on grabbing every object you have and using it in hopes it'll work. I'm sorry, but that doesn' make the game great, it makes it irrataiting and just based on dumb luck, because you'll never think of using any of the objects you have, because it's logically stupid. Like drinking gold made liquir to get a metal detector, or say using balloons filled with strange liquid to destroy a machien. You woulden't think of this, because again, it's illogical. If I want a real puzzle based game I'll play Siberia, but Grim Fandango just makes you relay on dumb luck, that's not a puzzle game, that's just embarrasing.

Second I could bring alot of games, but I'll choose games like Penumbra wich tried to focus more on horror rather than combat. You had to hide from the monsters, rather than killing 'em, all the stuff you used had a point/reason of doing it, the game didn't even relay on jump scares like say Dead Space, but it had abit of this mental fuckery later on, wich actually was really good. But what made it really fun to play is that, you know your up against some weird creatures, or something like that.