Zero Punctuation: Siren Blood Curse

Spyalt

Apr 11, 2009
Machines Are Us said:
Spyalt said:
*Sigh* When will he learn? Its not funny unless its major games that everyone knows.
Do you do anything but *****? I swear you were something like the third comment last week saying it was bad.

I don't see why everyone has a panic-attack as soon as he reviews a game that isn't well known by everyone. Do none of Yahtzee's fans have imaginations?

Oh wait, Spyalt you have already answered that for me.
Yes I was. I resent that, I used to be a Yahtzee fan but saw the light and changed.

Panzer_God

Welcome to the League of Piccolo
Apr 29, 2009
Yahtzee picked a good-looking game from off the mainstream which deserves to be applauded, not ridiculed by people who wouldn't recognize a good game if it came up and bit them in the bum. They also seem to need to learn proper english, God awful is TWO words!! Learn to speak before you humiliate yourself again.

Clemenstation

Dec 9, 2008
Spyalt said:
Pyronox said:
Spyalt said:
Magnikai said:
That was godawful....it wasn't even really that funny
This.
You both have avatars from Japanese videogames.

Silence.
So racism is your argument. Nice one mate.
I think he was suggesting that their criticisms are invalid because they are (presumably) otaku-esques who will fiercely defend anything Japanese-made to the death.

Not really racist... generalization, definitely.

Spyalt

Apr 11, 2009
Pyronox said:
Spyalt said:
Pyronox said:
Spyalt said:
Magnikai said:
This.

Silence.
How is it racist? It's the common denominator.
That does not make it not racist. Instead of challenging what was said or giving your reasons why you choose to disagree you instead made a pathetic and snide comment. It doesn't impress anyone.

Panzer_God

Welcome to the League of Piccolo
Apr 29, 2009
The light was the doctors making sure the brain damage wasn't fatal.

Spyalt

Apr 11, 2009
About To Crash said:
Spyalt said:
*Sigh* When will he learn? Its not funny unless its major games that everyone knows.
I don't agree. I think that Yahtzee does a good job trying to ensure that we get a sense of actually playing the game was like, and there's no way to get a game that everyone has played, anyway. Hell, he even stated in the beginning that this game came recommended to him by fans of the survival horror genre.
I thoroughly enjoyed this review, as I find I do most, or I wouldn't keep coming back. I like Yahtzee's jokes, especially when he pushes a boundary like racism or sexism, and I find that his review are quite well constructed as opposed to reviews that list the gameplay, graphics, story, in that order. I'm not saying those are always bad, I just like a review style that switches it up.
Thankyou for being possibly the only person on this thread who disagrees with me and gives valid reasons why instead of flaming me.

Spyalt

Apr 11, 2009
Clemenstation said:
Spyalt said:
Pyronox said:
Spyalt said:
Magnikai said:
This.

Silence.
I think he was suggesting that their criticisms are invalid because they are (presumably) otaku-esques who will fiercely defend anything Japanese-made to the death.

Not really racist... generalization, definitely.
I've never actually played a mega man game. Hows that for smashing his generalization?

Spyalt

Apr 11, 2009
Pallindromemordnillap said:
Spyalt said:
Pyronox said:
Spyalt said:
Magnikai said:
This.

Silence.
Actually his argument is that you're biased towards Japanese games. I don't see any mention of racism
Care to prove that I'm biased towards them? No thought not, try harder next time.

ssgt splatter

Oct 8, 2008
What the hell is Siren Blood Curse?
Why haven't I ever heard of this game?
When did this game come out?
How did this game beat Riddick to the chopping block first?...Oh right, Riddick's not out yet.

This wasn't the best review but it was funny in one or two places and by funny I mean it made me crack a weak smile.

Inriri

Jun 4, 2008
Spyalt said:
Machines Are Us said:
Spyalt said:
Do you do anything but *****? I swear you were something like the third comment last week saying it was bad.

I don't see why everyone has a panic-attack as soon as he reviews a game that isn't well known by everyone. Do none of Yahtzee's fans have imaginations?

Yes I was. I resent that, I used to be a Yahtzee fan but saw the light and changed.
If you don't like Yahtzee, then why are you even here? Why are you still posting and arguing in this thread?

Aura Guardian

Apr 23, 2008
Machines Are Us said:
Spyalt said:

Sad isn't it?

Samoftherocks

Oct 4, 2008
"I recommend it for only those undecided on the abortion issue."

I do enjoy how Yahtzee rapes PC sensibility with the all the subtlety of a rabid elephant in a Murano glass shop...

Jay Cee

Nov 27, 2008
The leper gag had the same crazy-ass comedy leverage as "as the exasperated Chinese zoo-keeper said to the last male panda on earth, FUCK THAT!"

Vordark

Feb 22, 2009
Survival horror is dead to me. Silent Hill 2 was one of the scariest and most immersive games I've ever played and the only game that has come close to since was Silent Hill: The Room, right up until the game pulled the dick move of "Now you must do all of the levels again".

All we have now are spring-loaded cats and gore with no attention to atmosphere, pacing, story or character development.

At least now developers seem to be getting zombie games right, ala "Dead Rising" and "Left 4 Dead".

Ryuzaki

The Public Face of L
Nov 5, 2008
I thought that that was a really good review; it'll be interesting to see what he has to say about Riddick as well. Looking forward to next week.

Spyalt

Apr 11, 2009
Inriri said:
Spyalt said:
Machines Are Us said:
Spyalt said:

If you don't like Yahtzee, then why are you even here? Why are you still posting and arguing in this thread?
Just become I am no longer a raving fanboy does not mean I dislike Yahtzee. Don't be so presumptous in future.