Zero Punctuation: Siren Blood Curse

Allan Foe

Dec 20, 2007
Augh.
STOP! DROP! ROLL!
Somebody, please, put those flames out!

The little "Voting Time! GO GO GO" clip at the end made me think how much better Zero Punctuation intro\end credits would be with that funky theme instead of the generic metal one.
Whine whine whine.
I know we've been through this before, but if you're going for the generic no-copyright-infringement-here intro maybe you could mix it up once in a while?

ideitbawx

Jan 4, 2008
i loved the "so in short" word gag he uses. he used to do that a lot, but up until, probably the semi-spoonerism "wad of gore" from april fools day, those blue word screens were generally just really fast descriptions of what he was already saying, and not a word pun.

(by the way, i know there have been acceptions to this {like the university of california crest for "you see" (UC)}, but i couldn't pinpoint a specific review).

maybe i'm just nitpicking, but i always thought that was one of the funniest things about his vids. i haven't lost faith in his reviews (i don't always agree with his opinions on games, but hey, it's one more perspective to consider), but i know which ones i like more than others.

who'd have thought "video game review" could be a category of comedic entertainment in and of itself?

Neeko Masochist

Apr 11, 2008
My god this game was FRUSTRATING! I died at least 15 times trying to realise what to bloody do about the cop. And playing that girl... jesus couldn't do that in one go.

Kanashe

May 8, 2008
BlueInkAlchemist said:
Kanashe said:
Wow, never knew an IQ level could drop this low.
I disagree. Clearly, you need to be a genius to realize how stupid other people with different skin colors are by comparison.
Hmmm...You might be on to something.

Sirducki

Mar 13, 2009
Spyalt said:
Pyronox said:
Spyalt said:
Pyronox said:
Spyalt said:
Magnikai said:
That was godawful....it wasn't even really that funny
This.
You both have avatars from Japanese videogames.

Silence.
So racism is your argument. Nice one mate.
How is it racist? It's the common denominator.
That does not make it not racist. Instead of challenging what was said or giving your reasons why you choose to disagree you instead made a pathetic and snide comment. It doesn't impress anyone.
It impressed me quite alot

kjrubberducky

Dec 21, 2008
Never heard about the game, but good review. I cracked up at the part with the leper saying, "Where's the point?" LOL, you make me look forward to Wednesdays.

Captain Spiral

Apr 22, 2009
"-Full of that Japanese style horror you hold in such high esteem, Watashi Wa Baka Da, etc etc"

LOL. At the risk of sounding like a loser. I do enjoy Japanese Horror to American Horror which seems to only consist of gore and jumping out of closets. So watashi wa baka da? Yes I suppose I AM an idiot.

Spyalt

Apr 11, 2009
BlueInkAlchemist said:
Spyalt said:
Thank you for being only the second person on this thread to actually put forward valid arguments against me instead of flaming me. However I do resent your generalization which lumps me with leetspeakers and halo fanboys.
By "games everyone knows", one would assume you're referring to something highly mainstream, like Halo. It's entirely possible you agree with Yahtzee that Halo's generally shit, but a criticism of more than one line would have cleared that up immensely. While brevity is the soul of wit, being too brief can lean you towards the dreaded mire of leetspeak, which links me into saying that I'm aware you're not a leetspeaker the way littlerudi08043 is. I did, however, correct your spelling in spacing in the quote above. ;-)
While not going for the sympathy vote I would like to point out that I am dyslexic.

Spyalt

Apr 11, 2009
littlerudi08043 said:
Spyalt said:
littlerudi08043 said:
Spyalt said:
littlerudi08043 said:
Spyalt said:
Inriri said:
Spyalt said:
Machines Are Us said:
Spyalt said:
*Sigh* When will he learn? Its not funny unless its major games that everyone knows.
Do you do anything but *****? I swear you were something like the third comment last week saying it was bad.

I don't see why everyone has a panic-attack as soon as he reviews a game that isn't well known by everyone. Do none of Yahtzee's fans have imaginations?

Oh wait, Spyalt you have already answered that for me.
Yes I was. I resent that, I used to be a Yahtzee fan but saw the light and changed.
If you don't like Yahtzee, then why are you even here? Why are you still posting and arguing in this thread?
Just become I am no longer a raving fanboy does not mean I dislike Yahtzee. Don't be so presumptous in future.
Spyalt you are a butthurt, Weeaboo ******. Quit being an internet tough guy, no one takes your opinions seriously so shut the fuck up. now GTFO my yahtzee board!

Your Yahtzee board? Pah You have only one post mate and the mods will ban you for it shortly anyway.

you are still a butthurt little cry baby, you're done, be gone with you and take your stupid comments with you ******.
Actually I'm not little I'm over 6 foot tall. *waits for the bannhammer*
go ahead and wait for it. and while your waiting I'll show what racism is ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ******
Good combination. Immature and pathetic, your family must be so proud.

Matu Flp Krwfe

Apr 1, 2009
Strangely enough the commentary about wasted but imaginative mechanics, totalitarian gameplay, utter contempt for characters, and eye gougingly frustrating children resonates in some respect with every japanese designed game I've played this console generation.

Maybe that's just terrible luck on my part but the thoroughness of the crap leads me to believe that good game design in Japan suffered a terribly excrucating death and from this point on the country be quarentined from the rest of the world lest we suffer another SSBB or Lost Odyssey.

Spyalt

Apr 11, 2009
Sirducki said:
Spyalt said:
Pyronox said:
Spyalt said:
Pyronox said:
Spyalt said:
Magnikai said:
That was godawful....it wasn't even really that funny
This.
You both have avatars from Japanese videogames.

Silence.
So racism is your argument. Nice one mate.
How is it racist? It's the common denominator.
That does not make it not racist. Instead of challenging what was said or giving your reasons why you choose to disagree you instead made a pathetic and snide comment. It doesn't impress anyone.
It impressed me quite alot
*sigh* Snide and pathetic comments again, what on earth is happening to the escapist?

ideitbawx

Jan 4, 2008
Spyalt said:
BlueInkAlchemist said:
To me, this week's ZP is all about the masturbating eyeball.

Spyalt said:
*Sigh* When will he learn? Its not funny unless its major games that everyone knows.
Humor, like taste in video games, is subjective. Just because you find the deconstruction of an unknown game to be unamusing because it isn't Halo or something doesn't mean someone else can't see the humor in it. Given that he's a reasonably successful presence and has done so at least partially through comedy, as evidenced by his awards [http://www.fullyramblomatic.com/], it seems to me that he would have a better idea than what is generally funny or what is not than either his guttersniping critics or his fanboys, both of whom are likely held in equal contempt. His opinions on fans are well-known, and I think that, like you, he'd appreciate a well-reasoned counter-argument more than a critic saying, in essence, "YOUR NOT FUNNY STFU." Then again, success in and of itself might not be the best barometer. George Lucas is relatively successful, and his recent success was due to him sodomizing his franchises.

Going by popularity and/or visibility, Yahtzee should review Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Fanboy Fapping Package 4 next.
Thankyou for being only the second person on this thread to actually put foward valid arguments against me instead of flaming me. However I do resent your generalization which lumps me with leetspeakers and halo fanboys.
to be frank, you kind of brought that on yourself. if there were more detail on yourself in your post than one subjective opinion and a rhetorical question, we might not see you as a well-rounded gamer with a taste in niche genres.

and in case you wanted to know, i'm not a gamer; i'm a musician who enjoys yahtzee's reviews more for his personality and his take on the world (and himself) than the games, so regardless of how big or how requested the game, i can find some kind of humour in his reviews. so your assumption of who watches these videos and why has just been proven, to an extent, false (and i quote: "Its not funny unless its major games that everyone knows."). personally, i think if you take his personal opinion 100% of the time, or just base everything you play solely on his (or anyone's) word without trying it yourself, then you're looking in the wrong place for information. look how many trolls have left angry posts in all caps screaming about how great the game is. everyone's allowed their opinions, and anyone who doesn't understand "personal taste" is missing the point.

plus this is a good forum. it's got some yahoos, and some trolls, and definitely some misinterpreted posts, but it's a well-knit community for an internet message board

DanRSL

May 14, 2008
"wotawshi woh bakkah guyjin"

ouch, I cringed a little at the pronunciation there, which I am sure was the point, but still ouch. Unhappily takes me back to the Far Cry 2 review.

Maybe accents and other languages (aside from German, which you seem okay with) are better left to their natives.

johnman

Oct 14, 2008
"oh its no good because ive never heard of the game!"
That is retarded. Just because you havent heard of the game doesnt mean you cant enjoy the review!