Zero Punctuation: Siren Blood Curse

Spyalt

Apr 11, 2009
Redhobbit said:
Spyalt said:
*sigh* Snide and pathetic comments again, what on earth is happening to the escapist?
A high and mighty troll who dismisses any and all posts that do not contain his precious valid arguments has invaded the Escapist.

Although VannBlackwings put it a lot more nicely.
Look at all the posts I have replied to on this thread. I have respondly poorly to those who have flamed me, and to those who have put foward valid argument I have thanked them for doing so and respected there opinions. So even though it makes me sound childish I am right and you all wrong.

floyd pinkerton

Feb 11, 2009
VannBlackwings said:
Spyalt said:
Pallindromemordnillap said:
Spyalt said:
Pallindromemordnillap said:
Spyalt said:
Pyronox said:
Spyalt said:
Magnikai said:
That was godawful....it wasn't even really that funny
This.
You both have avatars from Japanese videogames.

Silence.
So racism is your argument. Nice one mate.
Actually his argument is that you're biased towards Japanese games. I don't see any mention of racism
Care to prove that I'm biased towards them? No thought not, try harder next time.
Your av is from a Japanese game. Given that neither I nor he know you personally, all we have to go on is how you represent yourself on The Escapist. And you have chosen to represent yourself with something Japanese. Hence, logically, you are fond of them and thus have some bias. QED
I have never actually played a mega man game but I will know change my avatar just to make you happy.
Hello Spyalt!

No I dont really have a good idea on why your posting in these forums, but Im going to take a good guess (seeing as this is my first post ;D).

While your entitled to your opinion on what you thought Yahtzee's review was like (however biased it might be), you are very negligent towards other peoples comments on this board, especially if they challenge you on your unfounded and clearly confusing remarks. Futhermore, it seems you havent quite grasped the concept on these, and have just replied back with no hint of wit and in a childlike matter which is the equivalent of "Im right, you wrong so nah".

The fact you cant even reply to some of the more intellectual remarks on your "oh so, top notch wit", shows you have no real purpose and havent even grasped the language and intellect in order to form a response to them.

Im guessing your going through a tough point in your life at the moment, but you need another outlet apart from taking it out on people in this forum, (or any forum for that matter). I cannot assume to know what your like in real life but from judging from your post you seem to not be a very nice person and possibly lacking in decent proper social skills. Just face it, your wrong, not everyone has the same tastes but one thing is true though, the only people that deserve to be flamed are people that flame others just for having an opinion.

Peace
you, young sir, have expertly summarized my own opinion.

EDIT- I also hope you die in a fire

ccdistancerunner

Sep 11, 2008
"Use the 2 sight jackings and watch your framerate buttfucked to the point of, say, Powerpoint"
I had to stop the video because I was laughing too hard.

Sotanaht

Mar 6, 2008
I would like to mention one particular game with a second person feature with which everyone here should be familiar: Psychonaughts. The Clairvoyance ability allowed you to see through the eyes of your target, and it was nearly a requirement during one boss-fight to use it while fighting.

solidstatemind

Digital Oracle
Nov 9, 2008
Spyalt said:

So even though it makes me sound childish I am right and you all wrong.
Hm. While oridnarily I try to avoid these pointless flamewars, I think this needs to be mentioned. Ironically, it was you who asked the question 'what has happened to the Escapist' earlier.

Your own words are exactly what has 'happened.' The fact that you thanked people for not outright flaming you for your opinions does not make it any better when you proceed to summarily dismiss their counterarguments without any support for your own position. So, you're polite. You're still not actually talking.

And make no mistake: what you are doing is standing in a room and shouting your opinion at the top of your lungs. That is not 'discourse'. That is not 'debate'. That is not 'discussion'. And that-- exactly that-- is what has been wrong with the Escapist lately.

You are technically no better than littlerudi, you just are a bit (well, OK, a lot) less obnoxious in how you state your opinion. You want to stop the culture in these forums from souring? Discuss things. Or failing that, use the phrase "we'll have to agree to disagree", but don't mindlessly keep repeating your opinion just because you feel some sort of pathological desire to assert your authority about a subjective (for God's sake) topic. It makes you look immature, and again to use your own words- gives me the right to ignore anything that comes out of your mouth ever again.

And that would be a shame, because you seem to have a brain, and are active, and generally those are the types of people I like to see posting in these forums.

Biek

Mar 5, 2008
Incidentally, I was playing this game at the same time I was watching this. (Just went on the pc to read up on gamefaqs.)

I cant say I disagree with the gist of Yahtzee's points. The sight jack thing is nifty, but it makes your screen all choppy as a "telepathic migraine" effect. I hate moving around while doing it so I only use it to pinpoint enemies when im in a safe place.

I think the enemies couldve had a honorable mention for creeping me the f*ck out! Weve all seen the spider walk thing in the exorcist but damn, it gets to me everytime. I remember sight jacking one and wondering why their vision was upside down...

I like the story, but its kind of hard to understand. In fact, I needed a plot analysis from gamefaqs to really understand whats going on. If I didnt look it up i'd call it a mish mash of flashbacks with different outcomes everytime. Very confusing. Hanuda probably isnt a very big place since every character in the cast visit every location at least once, causing you to explore the same levels many times.

daedrick

Jul 23, 2008
I watched the COMPLETE walktrough of this game on youtube and I enjoyed it. :)

That is all.

nixomose

Apr 24, 2009
Incidentally, I have a zero punctuation t shirt and now I have a zero punctuation mug as well. Blub blub.

LeGrotesque

Mar 10, 2009
I was WONDERING when you were going to review this! Right on!

In the first Siren game my friend was playing and got stuck on the level with the seventy-year-old man with the shotgun, not because we kept dying, but because WE HAD NO IDEA WHAT THE HELL THE GAME WANTED US TO DO. Siren was good in THEORY, but it's execution was like watching a one-legged man trying to run a three-legged race. Awkward, and ultimately, disappointing. I ended up handing the game over to a friend so I could make some room on my memory card for Silent Hill 3 (which of course then reminded me how much I fucking HATE SILENT HILL CONTROLS. Up = Forward is FAIL).

I was somewhat excited for the new Siren, considering none of the other sequels have even seen the light of DAY in Canada/the U.S., and especially since the voice acting in the first one was OMG BRITISH and therefore fifty times less annoying and pathetic than it would've been with American voice actors, but because I was hoping they'd improved.

Apparently, not.

Thank you Yahtzee, for reviewing a game that probably SHOULD get more attention, even if it does fall flat on its face most of the time.

LeGrotesque

Mar 10, 2009
DRUNK_CANADIAN said:
Its actually a decent game despite what Yahtzee says (and he did praise it briefly) its probably worth the buy if you come across it
It's only $9.99 at any EB Games store.

Mr.Switchblade

Dec 1, 2008
Strong Intelligent said:
"It would have to fire white hot shurikens and still it would be better than Siren one"

Also I figured seeing as he's trying new things he could try Pokemon Platnium (Even if it is yet to be PAL released...bloody Americans...)
Yes, because pokemon something people still care about.....

mikecoulter

Elite Member
Dec 27, 2008
Sadly I've never heard of this game... And hearing him breath on the microphone midway through the video just spoiled it for me. Ah well, everyone up until now has been gold, so a silver star can't be too bad now and then can't be bad can it?