Zero Punctuation: Siren Blood Curse

mike1921

Oct 17, 2008
Kanashe said:
This so called 'review' blew major piles off ass, every joke was worse than the last one. And again, yahtzee goes with his "Oooh...It's good, but it's still sucks!" momento for wich I wanna break his fucking skull. Silent Blood Curse isn't amazing, but it's a nice work on the horror gameplay, since this time you need to survive more than go gun crazy.
..The fuck? I don't remember him saying this game is good.

LeGrotesque

Mar 10, 2009
bartholen said:
Quite average, but these "complete surprise" reviews now and then are a nice break from mainstream.

Were all the characters really that bad?
In the original Forbidden Siren, the second level requires you, a cop, to have some schoolgirl assitant of yours follow you around like a retarded puppy. She never stops whining, and more often than not would jump in front of me when I went to shoot a Shibito (Japanese zombies). I actually wasted a level to shoot her so I could relieve my hate-induced stress. -_-; SERIOUSLY. BAD. CHARACTER DESIGN.

On the bright side, it was much easier listening to British voices than American ones. They actually suited the Japanese characters better - the enunciation and general flow of the language was more similar from British-English to Japanese than American-English to Japanese.

Spyalt

Apr 11, 2009
solidstatemind said:
Spyalt said:

So even though it makes me sound childish I am right and you all wrong.
Hm. While oridnarily I try to avoid these pointless flamewars, I think this needs to be mentioned. Ironically, it was you who asked the question 'what has happened to the Escapist' earlier.

Your own words are exactly what has 'happened.' The fact that you thanked people for not outright flaming you for your opinions does not make it any better when you proceed to summarily dismiss their counterarguments without any support for your own position. So, you're polite. You're still not actually talking.

And make no mistake: what you are doing is standing in a room and shouting your opinion at the top of your lungs. That is not 'discourse'. That is not 'debate'. That is not 'discussion'. And that-- exactly that-- is what has been wrong with the Escapist lately.

You are technically no better than littlerudi, you just are a bit (well, OK, a lot) less obnoxious in how you state your opinion. You want to stop the culture in these forums from souring? Discuss things. Or failing that, use the phrase "we'll have to agree to disagree", but don't mindlessly keep repeating your opinion just because you feel some sort of pathological desire to assert your authority about a subjective (for God's sake) topic. It makes you look immature, and again to use your own words- gives me the right to ignore anything that comes out of your mouth ever again.

And that would be a shame, because you seem to have a brain, and are active, and generally those are the types of people I like to see posting in these forums.
I resent the editing of that quote because what I said was a deliberately immature response to some immature flaming. That aside however you do make some good points.

ThEGr33k

Oct 21, 2008
Left 4 Dead is a good survivor game imo. Im pretty sure the review from yourself passed as a good one. :D

Spyalt

Apr 11, 2009
Pyronox said:
Spyalt said:
Pyronox said:
Spyalt said:
Pyronox said:
Spyalt said:
Pyronox said:
Spyalt said:
Magnikai said:
That was godawful....it wasn't even really that funny
This.
You both have avatars from Japanese videogames.

Silence.
So racism is your argument. Nice one mate.
How is it racist? It's the common denominator.
That does not make it not racist. Instead of challenging what was said or giving your reasons why you choose to disagree you instead made a pathetic and snide comment. It doesn't impress anyone.
How long have you been on the internet?

This is how it works: Review about game genre is negative, genre fan has a sad, other genre fan quotes cause he has a sad too.

That's it. Don't try to pin "racism" on it to try to get people suspended or something.

"OMIGAWD! HE SAID IT WAS A GAME FROM JAPAN! HE MUST BE RACIST!"
Just reread my prior post because it still beats you argument.
Fail.
Yes your post was.

Glerken

Dec 18, 2008
I like how he put the spoiler alert at the end of the spoiler.

Funny as always. Probably would have been better if I had ever heard of this game.

VannBlackwings

Apr 29, 2009
Spyalt said:
solidstatemind said:
Spyalt said:

So even though it makes me sound childish I am right and you all wrong.
Hm. While oridnarily I try to avoid these pointless flamewars, I think this needs to be mentioned. Ironically, it was you who asked the question 'what has happened to the Escapist' earlier.

Your own words are exactly what has 'happened.' The fact that you thanked people for not outright flaming you for your opinions does not make it any better when you proceed to summarily dismiss their counterarguments without any support for your own position. So, you're polite. You're still not actually talking.

And make no mistake: what you are doing is standing in a room and shouting your opinion at the top of your lungs. That is not 'discourse'. That is not 'debate'. That is not 'discussion'. And that-- exactly that-- is what has been wrong with the Escapist lately.

You are technically no better than littlerudi, you just are a bit (well, OK, a lot) less obnoxious in how you state your opinion. You want to stop the culture in these forums from souring? Discuss things. Or failing that, use the phrase "we'll have to agree to disagree", but don't mindlessly keep repeating your opinion just because you feel some sort of pathological desire to assert your authority about a subjective (for God's sake) topic. It makes you look immature, and again to use your own words- gives me the right to ignore anything that comes out of your mouth ever again.

And that would be a shame, because you seem to have a brain, and are active, and generally those are the types of people I like to see posting in these forums.
I resent the editing of that quote because what I said was a deliberately immature response to some immature flaming. That aside however you do make some good points.
Im kind of confused where you say "That aside however you do make some good points". Does that mean your learning from them or are you just agreeing with him but continuing to ignore them? If you are learning from the fact that what he is saying is true, then it cant just be for one day, otherwise that would just be groundhog day learning.

Ben66

Mar 6, 2009
Good review. Too bad such a promising game turned out to be bad. I played the first Siren game, it had me legitimately frightened (as long as there wasn't anyone speaking. God, the voice acting was terrible...).

Loved the giant eyeball at the computer gag. Didn't even know Chzo had a computer.

PhiMed

Nov 26, 2008
I've been wondering whether this game was something I should be interested in. Thank you for confirming my suspicion that is it not.

Also, anencephalic infants wouldn't necessarily be my preference if they were still alive. That'd be really creepy... actually headless babies might make a great premise for a horror game. God idea.

PhiMed

Nov 26, 2008
Shibito091192 said:
I disagree with everything Yahtzee said this week. I thought Siren: Blood Curse was one of the PS3 exclusives to come out in 2008.
I don't think he disputed the fact that it was a ps3 exclusive, and I'm pretty sure he didn't dispute the fact that it came out in 2008.

Just messing with you, by the way. Don't get upset because I'm amused by a typo.