Zero Punctuation: Siren Blood Curse

Destroy Gundam

Feb 20, 2009
Who is the "expressionless man" that he keeps using in these videos?

But overall, I found this review funny, even though I've never really played this game/

Lukirre

Feb 24, 2009
People really need to step back and shut the hell up in this thread.
It's composed mainly of Spyalt trolling and people bitching at him.
Stop feeding the animals and then demanding they don't come back.

I thought that this review was enjoyable.
Definately not his best, but it's difficult when you only have so much material to work with.

I've never really considered Yahtzee to be the one to take overly seriously.
He's an entertainer.
Yes, it's true that his reviews to deserve some merit, but they're not meant to be groundbreaking for the review content.
It's just supposed to make you chuckle.
Anyone who takes them to heart needs to fuck off.
Seriously.

Kanashe

May 8, 2008
Pyronox said:
Kanashe said:
Pyronox said:
Spyalt said:
Magnikai said:
That was godawful....it wasn't even really that funny
This.
You both have avatars from Japanese videogames.

Silence.
Silence yourselfe you Yahtzee sheep.

This so called 'review' blew major piles off ass, every joke was worse than the last one. And again, yahtzee goes with his "Oooh...It's good, but it's still sucks!" momento for wich I wanna break his fucking skull. Silent Blood Curse isn't amazing, but it's a nice work on the horror gameplay, since this time you need to survive more than go gun crazy.
Oh give me a break, I disagree with more than half of his reviews, but I can still find them entertaining because I don't have a stick jammed in my arse.

You can't say this "review" sucked and comment on the jokes made because it's just Yahtzee's personality.

Oh btw, Japanese games are going down the crapper atm.

*Flushhhhhhhhhh*
Yeah, his personality of being a walking/talking dick, who's in dire need of getting a sock shoved down his throat. Yahtzee is going down the tubes as fast as the economy gets buttfucked, all his jokes are getting bland and stupid (I could find more entertaiment by looking at roadkill,) if there are people who still see him as a'comedy genius' and 'reviwer' then they deserve to be shot in the face. Also there are some good Japanese games out there, sure they aren't perfect, but they're atleast fun.

Kanashe

May 8, 2008
Lukirre said:
People really need to step back and shut the hell up in this thread.
It's composed mainly of Spyalt trolling and people bitching at him.
Stop feeding the animals and then demanding they don't come back.

I thought that this review was enjoyable.
Definately not his best, but it's difficult when you only have so much material to work with.

I've never really considered Yahtzee to be the one to take overly seriously.
He's an entertainer.
Yes, it's true that his reviews to deserve some merit, but they're not meant to be groundbreaking for the review content.
It's just supposed to make you chuckle.
Anyone who takes them to heart needs to fuck off.
Seriously.
I belive the problem is how he acts/presents his reviews, wich make people take it seriously. Also on how he always claims that he's a pro reviewer, plus I woulden't even consider him as an entertainer since he bassicly fails at that as well.

Idocreating

Apr 16, 2009
Less funny than other ZP videos? Sure. But i enjoy ZP a lot more when he honestly reviews something rather than just a relentless bash-a-thon of the game/genre/console which he's been prone to doing recently.

Lukirre

Feb 24, 2009
Kanashe said:
I belive the problem is how he acts/presents his reviews, wich make people take it seriously. Also on how he always claims that he's a pro reviewer, plus I woulden't even consider him as an entertainer since he bassicly fails at that as well.
That's kind of the point.
What helps make his style is the profound sense of arrogance that he brings to it.

Obviously it won't be everyone's cup of tea.
No one entertainer is going to please the masses.
But that doesn't mean that he's any less of one for it.

Just read through his threads and see all the people who have enjoyed his videos.
Dispensing bile as a response to bile is only adding to the mess.

kavinsky

Feb 11, 2009
I don't know why but I get the feeling yahtzee needs to take a break, forget about games and come back in a month or so fully rejuvenated and as sarcastic as possible!

yeash a ton of people are getting susupended, just lighten up and do your research on the game he reviewed before you watch it and you'll get the jokes.

I loved his revew on hawxs last week it just needed abit more out of the blue, a shot in the ass humor, like the "NOT A RACIST" photo from the 50 cent videogame he review from a few weeks ago.

Feb 6, 2009
Strong Intelligent said:
"It would have to fire white hot shurikens and still it would be better than Siren one"

Also I figured seeing as he's trying new things he could try Pokemon Platnium (Even if it is yet to be PAL released...bloody Americans...)
I'd put a vote for that.It would be fun to see Yahtzee obliterate my childhood favorite.

j_meister

Jul 20, 2008
That was an f'd up review Yahtzee.

... and I freakin' loved it. Laughed my ass off at a few points.
Your avatar leaping in with the coathanger at the end is priceless.
Wrong, but priceless.

hoov

Jan 21, 2009
Why do so many people feel the need to comment that they haven't heard of the game? It was released on psn first but I'm fairy sure it was later released at a budget price, it's not that obscure.

I quite liked the game, but most of yahtzee's criticisms are valid, but it wasn't his funniest.

Judithia

Mar 25, 2009
Oh wow for once i agree with yahtzee.

Its a nice that for once he actually reviews a bad game instead of a good game that he sucks at playing.

Chadling

Oct 8, 2008
Awesome review, Yahtzee, and pretty spot on.

And as I said in an earlier comment about a ZP that I didn't care for, this had the unpredictable humor that I love to see in these reviews. The leprosy joke: I had to stop for a second and rewind just to confirm that yes, Yahtzee did in fact say what I think he just said. And the abortion joke.

Gratzi, you have just made my day a tiny bit better. Only a tiny bit, because it was pretty awesome to start with.

DamienHell

Oct 17, 2007
I have to agree, the ONLY good survival-horror game I ever played was the Penumbra series, after that scary video games don't even affect me anymore.

RockSteady

Jan 21, 2009
Fucking. Unskippable. Ads.

also wheee look im as random as yahtzee etc etc suddenly this was my viewpoint all along.

Minimax

Apr 30, 2009
I love that at around 4:15 he almost starts to laugh when he says that the girl frees herself, made me chuckle.

I tested this at Sony last year, hated it.