Zero Punctuation: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II

Bigsmith

Mar 16, 2009
I may try this game, I liked the first one.

Is it out on pc? cause if it's out on pc I'll try it out. But if it isn't I will not be able to get it.

OT: funny as normal.

Fdzzaigl

Mar 31, 2010
They should seriously have STFU'd about TFU after the first game, after that experience I already wanted to drown 'Galen Marek' in his own blood.

I'm glad I knew not to buy it.

There are still good SW games out there, but they're really ruining the franchise with their crappy media recently.

All that the Jedi Knight series, Battlefront and KOTOR did is pretty much undone for me.

Lets just hope TOR can rekindle the franchise.

SenseOfTumour

Jul 11, 2008
Kinda off topic, but how many weeks before people stop posting to get 'first' and get suspended instead?

Honestly, if I had watched this moments after release, I think I'd give it 5 minutes just to make sure I didn't come across as a 'first!' monkey. OR is there a 'suspended' badge people are collecting that I didn't know about it.

Anyways, enjoyed the video, unsurprised that it's a poor cash in of one reasonable sci fi movie from 35 years ago.

But, if people are still queueing up to buy the stuff, Lucas will keep on pumping it out.

Hell, if someone was offering me $50 for my turds, I'd be pooping into a bag instead of flushing em away too.

I didn't mean to get quite so scatalogical, but damn, Star Wars fans, there's guinea pigs nudging a pellet button with their nose that learn quicker than you guys.

Adrasta

Oct 1, 2008
Dorian6 said:
I completely agree with your assessment of the entire franchise. It's strange, the thing that sets Star Wars fans apart from fans of, say, Battlestar Galactica, is that Star Wars fans HATE Star wars and what it has become.
Very true, well put.

Cabamacadaf said:
There are lots of great Star Wars games. The last one is five years old though.
Make that fifteen. TIE Fighter was the last really great one.

But the thing is, the Star Wars games will never become better as long as people buy this crap. I sometimes think that for every fan who is in his right mind, there are two idiotic fanboys who have to buy every piece of sh*t that has SW printed on it. Even if it involves a guy who doesn't even know to hold a lightsaber right.

Cabamacadaf

Mar 17, 2009
Adrasta said:
Dorian6 said:
I completely agree with your assessment of the entire franchise. It's strange, the thing that sets Star Wars fans apart from fans of, say, Battlestar Galactica, is that Star Wars fans HATE Star wars and what it has become.
Very true, well put.

Cabamacadaf said:
There are lots of great Star Wars games. The last one is five years old though.
Make that fifteen. TIE Fighter was the last really great one.

But the thing is, the Star Wars games will never become better as long as people buy this crap. I sometimes think that for every fan who is in his right mind, there are two idiotic fanboys who have to buy every piece of sh*t that has SW printed on it. Even if it involves a guy who doesn't even know to hold a lightsaber right.
I can understand if you don't think the Battlefront games are great, but do you really not think KotOR and Jedi Outcast are great games?

lord.jeff

Oct 27, 2010
Zero Serenity said:
For a moment it sounded like Ben was having as bad *Achoo!* of a sick spell as I am.

Anyway, where is the "Like God of War" stamp? Seriously. Click on Force Fury and it looks like all that happened was suddenly there are chain on the sabers.
You do not get to claim that it's ripping something off for just one animation, besides this isn't the first game to have forced welded lightsabers.

And again stop comparing things to God of War, nothing in God of War was original(I fact I don't even think thew developers would say that it's original, they just wanted to prefect already proven game play elements). The rope like weapon Rygar and Castlevania, the combos Dante had done half of them before Kratos, quick time events Resident evil and even die hard arcade before that, the platforming/action game with puzzles and climbing sequences Soul Reaver, and it's not like the spells haven't been seen in dozens of games beforehand and the story Dead man brought back to life to fight random monsters was Altered Beast.

cefm

Mar 26, 2010
"It's the most grossly offensive and mis-handled piece of intellectual property since the 'Schindler's List Easy-Bake Oven".

That's Gold, Yahtzee. Gold.

and the game is shit. Shit.

Orzene

Nov 28, 2008
Yep, that's pretty much the sum of this game "Pen vomit, and poorly drawn chairs fucking"

WOPR

Aug 18, 2010
HankMan said:
Force lightning is EVERYBODY's weakness?
That's....
*puts on sun glasses*
Shocking
YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Ha ha I see what you did there, I'm going to need to use that being that EVERYONE AROUND ME loves this blasted mockery of a game.

actually what I did was quite funny, he was playing Force Unleashed 2, when he left I switched it to Darksiders, and he thought I just put a WoW mod on FU2

Mash X for a bit, then Mash Y when you're board

of course he figured out it was a different game when he found the Zelda like gameplay

...note this is the same person that when I turned off the HUD in Metroid Prime, and equipped the plasma gun and went to pandrea drifts, he thought I had a copy of StarCraft Ghost.

WOPR

Aug 18, 2010
lord.jeff said:
Zero Serenity said:
For a moment it sounded like Ben was having as bad *Achoo!* of a sick spell as I am.

Anyway, where is the "Like God of War" stamp? Seriously. Click on Force Fury and it looks like all that happened was suddenly there are chain on the sabers.
You do not get to claim that it's ripping something off for just one animation, besides this isn't the first game to have forced welded lightsabers.

And again stop comparing things to God of War, nothing in God of War was original(I fact I don't even think thew developers would say that it's original, they just wanted to prefect already proven game play elements). The rope like weapon Rygar and Castlevania, the combos Dante had done half of them before Kratos, quick time events Resident evil and even die hard arcade before that, the platforming/action game with puzzles and climbing sequences Soul Reaver, and it's not like the spells haven't been seen in dozens of games beforehand and the story Dead man brought back to life to fight random monsters was Altered Beast.
Well at least someone knows their games.

But lets just make it clear!

A COPY ISN'T ALWAYS BAD

Look at Castle Crashers, that game rocks and it's just a smash up of Golden Axe and Gauntlet
and Alien Hominid is just Aliens (as in the movie... headbite) + Metal Slug

lord.jeff

Oct 27, 2010
WOPR said:
lord.jeff said:
Zero Serenity said:

Well at least someone knows their games.

But lets just make it clear!

A COPY ISN'T ALWAYS BAD

Look at Castle Crashers, that game rocks and it's just a smash up of Golden Axe and Gauntlet
and Alien Hominid is just Aliens (as in the movie... headbite) + Metal Slug
I have no issues with copies, I did enjoy God of War, as well as Castle Crashers and Alien Hominid(the flash version at least, never played the console version). It just annoys when people judge a game badly if it has anything in common with any big title of the paste decade(In any of the games I've played I could point out a dozen things taken from other games very easily).

Also just to make a post about the topic, I played the first Force Unleashed and it sucked, I don't hold any hopes for this game.

WOPR

Aug 18, 2010
lord.jeff said:
I played the first Force Unleashed and it sucked, I don't hold any hopes for this game.
as far as starwars games go
(in my opinion at least)

Battlefront 2/Rogue Leader = Okay
KotOR 1+2 = Great
All Others = No.

I hated Force Unleashed 2
however the -waves hand- "You will jump off a cliff..." was awesome (even though he doesn't wave his hand...)

Ovy

Mar 19, 2009
Along with KOTOR and the first two flicks, Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II should be included on the better side of that seesaw. That game was nearly a peer of Half-Life, and a whole year earlier to boot.

Atmos Duality

Mar 3, 2010
The only thing I remember about the Force Unleashed 1 was popping it in, and noting how most of the enemies could take several lightsaber slashes to the torso and still stand back up to shoot at you afterward.

After that, I promptly returned my rental copy, and decided that absolutely nothing good can come of the Star Wars franchise from that point forward. If they don't care about even the most basic things in their fantasy universe (laser swords can cut through anything), then why the fuck should I?

It's contradictions like these that dispel the illusion you're trying to create with your game; reminding us that we paid money for these experiences, and how they don't fit into the rules/logic of your own universe. Now instead of a cool tie-in game, we have a marketing switcheroo.

If you were a fan of the series, then you probably felt like you just got scammed.

A week or two later, I did happen upon my friend playing the 360 version, and was unfortunate to watch him flounder with the retardedly poor controls at the point where you pull down an entire Star Destroyer with your mind.

The scene was supposed to be badass and awesome, but all it did was make me laugh out loud.
Laugh at how godawful the controls were ("You can't pull it down until it's PICTURE PERFECTLY ALIGNED"), how laughably worthless the story and characters were, and how amazingly broken and shallow the gameplay was.

The fact that there's now a sequel leads me to believe that there are far more gullible fucks out in the world than I thought possible. But I'm not depressed. I'm not even angry.
I'm merely disappointed.

AMMO Kid

Jan 2, 2009
Wait you said that only the first two movies and KOTOR were good...In the fanboy universe of Star Wars, SW: Battlefront is very highly esteemed...

Extraintrovert

Jul 28, 2010
I honestly still like Star Wars. I've attempted to stop, but breaking addictions is not one of my strong points. Not many things are.