Zero Punctuation: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed

Yahtzee Croshaw

Aug 8, 2007
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed

This week Zero Punctuation pushes around hapless Stormtroopers in Star Wars: The Force Unleashed.

Watch Video

Akurenji

Jul 21, 2008
Finally someone to critisise the force unleashed for what its really like, thankyou Yahtzee

Volucer

Sep 4, 2008
I too blame Lucas...and not just for this game, for everything that's wrong in the world.

Nightfalke

Just this guy, you know?
Sep 10, 2008
Man. The Wii was so cool when it first came out too. But yeah, I haven't played mine for at least 9 months now.

*sigh*

Melaisis

Dec 9, 2007
Follows The Escapist's own review of saying how damn awful it was. I can only agree that a game that rests on a singular, repeated mechanic is only doomed to fail.

Zephirius

Jul 9, 2008
Very amusing review, haven't played the game, don't really intend to. Last week's is still my favorite, but this one was pretty good too.

I wish people would stop posting replies when the video has been up for 30 seconds, it just makes them look plain silly.

NewClassic_v1legacy

Bringer of Words
Jul 30, 2008
I'm particularly surprised that Yahtzee had picked the Wii over the 360/PS3... How odd.

He spent quite probably way too much time talking Star Wars / Lucas, and not nearly enough on the game. On the whole, I was pretty disappointed by this ZP, and I would think is proof enough to conform to the whole, loud, blathery fan-folk that say that the Zero Punctuation movies aren't exactly as they should be.

That being said, the very very brief moment he touches on the game itself, he hits my observations from the demo. It's still incomplete, but did earn a few chuckles. I still sadly think he should've bypassed his own unhappiness, and getting a PS3/360 copy (purchase or rental, doesn't matter), and actually doing a review.

Or, for those who don't like to read too much, let's sum this sucker up in short.
Kinda funny, terrible review, too ranty. If I were a teacher, I'd say do it again for half-credit, it'll probably get a better grade.

Edit
Once again, I feel the need to point out how surprised I am at the speed that comments pop up on these... Ah well, I'll learn eventually. Back to my home in Off-Topic.

thetragicclown

May 29, 2008
This review sated both my sense of humour and my bitter, broken-hearted hatred towards George Lucas. Especially my bitter, broken-hearted hatred.

UltraBlumpkin

Aug 1, 2008
It is a decent game, but nothing spectacular. Force lightning gets a huge nerf on the harder difficulties, which makes you have to play well and block stuff.

Magnetic2

Mar 18, 2008
Wow, that was awesome. Brilliant, good show. I really thought Yahtzee would hit up Silent Hill: Homecoming this time around, hold on... nope, not out till November in Australia.

mGoLos

Nov 7, 2007
"Free will is overrated!"

Wow, you're certainly not worried about being quoted or anything.

Awesome review as always :D

Spacewolf

May 21, 2008
why do poeple hate the Prequels the 1st one had a good lightaaber sequnce the second one had a good battle and the 3rd one had both you can just skip the rest, anyone great reveiw glad i bought the PS3 vesion