Zero Punctuation: Super Mario Galaxy

LordOmnit

Oct 8, 2007
Well, that certainly gives an interesting perspective on the game.
But then again, if it didn't I'd be pretty damn surprised.
Great job once again!

Zera

Sep 12, 2007
Still my game of the year, sadly if you put any game in a certain way they would suck a bit. One thing he got wrong though was twisting the Wiimote a lot, you just have to do a slight twick of the wrist to do so. Good review overall

semiflex

Jan 2, 2008
brilliant!!

i wonder if yahtzee has watched the office.

and if he has, isnt little britian a pile of shit.

8Track

Dec 28, 2007
I want to play this Mario Galaxy with the horrible camera angle. Mine seems perfect, and you may wanna take the lead weights of your Wiimote as waggle isn't exactly a taxing exercise.

Another interesting comment, is how you explain all the different spin-offs in to Mario franchise, that involve the characters off Go-Karting, playing tennis, ramming pills in peoples mouths, but then later on explain that Mario does nothing different.

AK3515

Dec 22, 2007
8Track said:
I want to play this Mario Galaxy with the horrible camera angle. Mine seems perfect, and you may wanna take the lead weights of your Wiimote as waggle isn't exactly a taxing exercise.

Another interesting comment, is how you explain all the different spin-offs in to Mario franchise, that involve the characters off Go-Karting, playing tennis, ramming pills in peoples mouths, but then later on explain that Mario does nothing different.
notice how all the spinoffs are not originals, we're up to about mario party 8 and i think the 5th mario kart game.
all the spinoffs take elements from other games and/or are the same old bullshit with a new number at the end of the name.

quantumsaint

Dec 12, 2007
I've only done the first two worlds so far but I'm enjoying it quite a bit more then the last two 3D Mario games.

Darkong

Nov 6, 2007
Well for the first time I find myself disagreeing about a Yahtzee review, weird that...

I thought that the whole gravity thing was the best part of the game, it gave a greater sense of freedom than a normal 3D platformer does and its fun to see if you can long jump right around a planet, and the camera was pretty much the best one any game has had in a long time, it never got stuck and was almost always in the best place to see the action.

I wouldn't disagree that a few bits of it felt a bit gimmicky but then again that describes a hell of a lot of games anyway (and I don't just mean Wii games). And yes, the boss fights were almost all terrible, especially the Bowser last ones.

Anyway, that's my irrelevant opinion cast out into the murky waters of the internet.

TheUBERspectre

Dec 15, 2007
MrKeroChan said:
what... no comments about UR MR GAY?
a great...well enjoyable game...really!
Lol yeah I was wondering where a comment about that was. :( Oh well. It's still a great review. Haven't had a chance to play the game though.

fundude365

Dec 12, 2007
At least it's not a game trying to sell itself purely on it's gimmicks (I'm looking at you timeshift...) core gameplay THEN Gimmicks is the order and that's the way Super Mario Galaxy seems to have taken it... a few updates on the old Mario sixtyfour system but with same formula that saw sixtyfour through two incarnations on the sixtyfour and the DS.

NO NUMBERS... WOO

McMo0^

Dec 21, 2007
lol yahtzee sounds hungover :p

anyways good review, this game has had a lot of rave reviews... tempts me now.

For me the best bit was bowser getting some off peach/daisy at the end of the review, poor mario never really wins. See we have to all realise that a princess isn't gonna go for a plumber on mushrooms...