Zero Punctuation: Super Smash Bros. Brawl

Theissen

Jan 8, 2008
Very funny review! Possibly one of the best.

And I feel really sorry for Yahtzee... People should let him review whatever he wants to.

Pzest

Nov 15, 2007
For saying he avoids multiplayer, Yahtzee sure seems to know a lot about gaming with other people.

One of the ways I've judged fighting games is by how often an experienced player wins against button-mashers.

sammyfreak

Dec 5, 2007
Woho! Another weekly masterpiece! Justice has been done to this shitty game that gets boring after 5 minutes!

G0DF4TH3R

Feb 27, 2008
yes! finally someone who does not jump up and down like a fan crazy girl about one for the many Nintendo games that should have not been many to millions of spin offs and so

SinofMar

Feb 6, 2008
Aw Yahtzee, I thought you had given up on reviewing a game by request, in all honesty I was surprised to see you reviewing it. If your hate for MMORPG or any kind of J-RPG has taught me anything it's that you're full of hate for most things like it. Though if you're like most, and clearly you are, you weren't expecting a shit long story you had to plow through.

jeth97

Feb 28, 2008
lol, i like this game better than halo 3, because i actually have a chance of winning using my old standard: randomly mashing buttons. another great review yahtzee :)

C-man101

Apr 19, 2008
that was so sweet, a friendof mine has been bitching about brawl for the last three fucking months, so i was pleased to show him this and see him getting angry. ah well, he is the worst nintendo fanboy ever. what im trying to say is: that was another great review.

Oirish_Martin

Nov 21, 2007
Excellent, as ever. Probably the most cuttingly concise summary of Nintendo fanboys I've ever seen. I know a few people I can piss off with this.

m_jim

Jan 14, 2008
WTF was up with plugging that game trading store? Maybe I'm just in a pissy mood because I like SSB, but I found that rather annoying.

Conqueror Kenny

Jan 14, 2008
all good true points. I honstly would only play this game with vodka at hand and at least two types of drugs

billy-j

Dec 16, 2007
well done yahtzee, you've done what had to be done, i've never seen smash bros as anything more than a (mildly fun) random button mashing game

Snake AND Sonic are only unlockables! god damn it Nintendo maybe i'll just stick to SSBM

oh and snake would never slit a throat in this game anyway, it's nintendo isn't it?

haxer

Mar 25, 2008
Thank you for saying publicly what the weaker nerds that are afraid of their fighting games fanboy counterparts have been trying to say for years. Fighting games suck.

Surggical_Scar

Feb 13, 2008
Arg - I honestly quite like Smash Bros, and for, as you suggested, the spectacle of it, being able to sit down and simply thrash about with the controls for a while, somehow managing to pummel my soon-to-be-ex-mates into oblivion.

Nonetheless, unlocking characters in any game will always suck sweaty, hairy balls.

Always.