Zero Punctuation: Tales of Monkey Island

RyanGannon

Jun 25, 2008
Yahtzee dear, your British, not American so there's no excuse for than epic failure of an Irish accent. Tut, tut!

MK_Red

Aug 2, 2009
Sorry Yahtzee but I gotta disagree with you. Not on the main game though. Tales deserves bashing but Monkey Island 3 is also a classic in my book. Sure, always awesome Tim Schafer didn't work on it but it was still a great game and a worthy sequel. A lot of ideas were reused and it was more of a big budget / "hollywood" style thingy but Monkey Island 3 was still great and final part of a classic trilogy.

D_987

Jun 15, 2008
I found this to be a very poor "review" by regular standards - not funny, a game I didn't care about and overall substituting humour for vague stereotypical references and a pathetic "accent". The series is beginning to get very stale now, to the point where I almost know what is coming, unless of course its not a completely random joke (say the dolphin from last week).

I think I'll continue watching when Yahtzee actually reviews a "mainstream" game and therefore has something interesting to say, rather than pulling a dodgy unfunny accent (that of course fanboy's will claim are "hilarious") and making the same point over and over (how many times has he referenced Monkey Island - these are just points made in previous videos).

Note: I turned off the video after 2 minutes because it bored me.

Gutterpunk

Mar 5, 2008
happysock said:
Have the trolls gone? Seriously whats up with that like 12 people on probation.

OT: I've never played a monkey island game and have been told they are really good but not sure if I want too, is it worth it?
No.

And I say this as a someone old enough to have played the original, and who played through Monkey Island ES on XBLA.

Monkey Island is fun, but it plays like a Flash game more than a game. If you like adventure games, and you are the kind of guy who install SCUMM on DOSBOX just to play them, or you tried and liked stuff like Nanobot or Spooks* pick it up.

*I *love* Erin Robinson('s work)

SweetNess_666

Sep 2, 2009
love it love it love it ever since i was pointed to this piece of god dam brilliant humour by a freind who sent me the link to the review of CODMW i have laughed my ass off *toon of a ass flying off* :)

maddawg IAJI

I prefer the term "Zomguard"
Feb 12, 2009
Is there such a thing as to funny? If so Yatzhee proably just reached it. Litterally I think I cracked a rib while watching.

Cottle

Feb 4, 2009
This certainly wasn't your best review, but you once again touch on the subject of developers raiding our childhood memories and classics for products instead of simply investing in something original, which I respect. It has already been mentioned before, but until they start getting the idea it won't hurt to simply say it again and again.

cutekittenkyti

Dec 12, 2007
bennbenn said:
argh. that has to be one of the most impressive yet equally sad things i've ever seen on the internet. why would you waste your life typing that up... but I can't help but be impressed that you done such a good job! ;)
oh ho, and you thought that was bad

I used to compete with this other guy to get a transcript done first
you can see some of our work on here :3

http://zeropunctuation.wikia.com/wiki/Episode_Guide

never underestimate rabid fandom

Samurai Goomba

Oct 7, 2008
This was easily the most hardest to understand ZP ever. Yahtzee, it's either the accent OR talking fast. When you put the two together, I can hardly tell what you're saying. Let alone pick up on whether it's funny or not.

SSoneill

Dec 24, 2008
Yahtzee did an Irish accent for his review!!!!!
I've never felt prouder to wear green, hate the British, offend women and celebrate alcohol addiction

Shiver me Shamrocks

Whothefuckislucas

May 3, 2008
I'm Irish, and I thought that was pretty funny.

Weirdly I understood every word you said, even though your accent was terrible and everyone here claims it was indecipherable.

Maybe it was too Irish....