Zero Punctuation: Tales of Monkey Island

Pillypill

Aug 7, 2009
I spent the whole episode, trying to think of a name for Irish yahtzee. So I had to watch it 5 times to have any idea what the game was about. I stil couldn't think of a name.
I liked the Irish bit, and the gag about floppy discs and switch boards, but most of the episode was over my head.

-=Spy=-

Jul 17, 2009
blacklab said:
+1. What's with the probation for everyone at the top? Some of the comments weren't offensive or 'I'm first'.
They posted before it was physically possible for them to have watched the video before posting.

Also, love the "thinking about patoters" joke.

Octorok

May 28, 2009
Heh. For the first time in a while ZP actually managed to make me laugh out loud, which is a definite improvement from weak smiles at clever dick jokes. Has to be the accent.

letsnoobtehpwns

Dec 28, 2008
CaptainChaosify said:
Great review! I loved the Irish accent you made. You sound more Irish than I do but it was hard to understand what you were saying sometimes though. I doubt I'll buy Tales of monkey island.
letsnoobtehpwns said:
"IT could have saved me time that I could have used to beat my wife" So true!
Please don't stereotype Ireland. I bet you only got that idea from Family guy.
I hate Family Guy. Yahtzee said it in the review. I thought that was a very funny line.

JoshGod

Aug 31, 2009
hilarous accent and i have irish roots and do that all the time so no offence taken, keep up the good reviews XD

scbunchy

Jun 26, 2009
I'm Irish and even I didn't get what he was goin' on about. I liked the reference to the Rose of Tralee and the token hatred of protestants. It showed at least a bit of knowledge of Ireland.

Ophenix

Sep 2, 2009
The accent was funny but I think you over did it abit.
Tales of Monkey Island is far from perfect but it's still a much better adventure game then anything I'v seen in the last 3 years.
As a matter of fact, the only other good adventure game I played was Sam and Max, by the same company.
So... yes, thier character models are not only reused but abused to death.
The places seems abit "cheap" and the references to older titles are wasted script.
But the game is witty, generaly fun, well animated (most of it at least) and more often then not, funny.

Anyhow, to all who playted Monkey Island, play TellTale Games' Sam and Max. The funniest game I'v ever played.

teh_gunslinger

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. did it better.
Dec 6, 2007
Fronzel said:
I The new games are all silly all the time (which can fail; a line in the first episode of Tale about "piranha poodles" especially struck me as unfunny).
I can't remember the exact line in Tales so I'm guessing now. Is it the line itself that bothers you or the pirahna poodles? If it's the poodles it must be blamed on the first game in the series as they are introduced in that. They're guarding the governors mansion on Meelee Island.

Crapster

Aug 6, 2009
I actually thought that the Marlin that plays "A Pirate I Was Meant to Be" from The Curse of Monkey Island was a clever way to make a reference to the past games. But as far as whistling Largo's theme goes, if it doesn't wind up being foreshadowing or something, then it'll have been disappointing.

kawligia

Feb 24, 2009
Was I the only one who couldn't understand what he was saying with the Irish accent?

randomrob

Aug 5, 2009
'is of Scottish descent but can't do the accent' You can't do an Irish accent either. Good video though.

CatinHat

Apr 30, 2009
That was an up lifter in the afternoon. Nice accent maybe we can give you the nickname of Capt.Irish :p

Agent Larkin

Apr 6, 2009
That accent was atrocious. I mean none in Ireland speaks like that trust me. Anyway it was an alright review of an alright game. Heres hoping you review a big game next.

neoman10

Big Brother
Sep 23, 2008
jimminy christmas, some ultima bannage up in those parts near da first

but Ireland's awesome

EvetscipE

Sep 2, 2009
wow, i have to say, hearing an english-australian man parody my accent is a unique experience xD

still unreal review as always

happysock

Jul 26, 2009
Have the trolls gone? Seriously whats up with that like 12 people on probation.

OT: I've never played a monkey island game and have been told they are really good but not sure if I want too, is it worth it?