Zero Punctuation: The Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena

jon_a_ross

Apr 15, 2009
I agree that the character of Riddick was well done in Pitch Black. I really was disappointed when in the second movie only four characters had names and the rest were generic thugs or plot devices alone. I still fear that they will finally produce the third movie to cap that series.

Of course, if the writers keep spending their energy on these games we may be safe.

The review itself I quite enjoyed. Well done.

Ryuzaki

The Public Face of L
Nov 5, 2008
Ah a great review there brightens up the Wednesday afternoons. I really liked Pitch Black, so I may rent this game, but I wouldn't buy it.

DJPirtu

Nov 24, 2008
Is it just me or was this review done in an even more overly fast phased style than usual?
It has been Zero Punctuation's style from the get go to blur the line between sentences (hence the name, I guess), but in the earlier reviews I could at least tell a paragraph from another.
Or maybe it was just because I watched an earlier episode today, from the time when the pahsing of the review wasn't quite (just almost) as intense as it is nowdays.

Ryuzaki

The Public Face of L
Nov 5, 2008
Liked all of the crisp related jokes, it reminded me of his review of Lego Indy. Still waiting for Fuzzy Felt Deep Space 9.

warfjm

Nov 14, 2007
Thank God Yahtzee called out Vin Diesel for who he is! I beginning to feel like the only sane person on the planet who thought Vin Diesel only made movies and games that glorified himself.

Best movie with Vin Diesel:

Saving Private Ryan (He dies halfway through the movie)

Quantupus

Apr 15, 2009
PirateKing said:
I think this is the fastest Yahtzee's ever talked.
Hey, I'm not the only one that noticed. :) That threw me off a bit. He must have been going for a record in speed talking or something. lol

Jabbawocky

Sep 3, 2008
That was really fast... I never played the original Riddick game, but Pitch Black is quite cool for a film that isn't too original.

BlueInkAlchemist

Ridiculously Awesome
Jun 4, 2008
I don't know which bit I liked more, the Puritan cameo or Assault on Cool Ranch Doritos.

petrolmonkey said:
What did happen to Vin Diesel's career?
The problem with too much masturbation is you get raw after a while. Hence atrocities such as Fast & Furious and that game that would be called "Totally Not a Game Based on Vin Diesel's Fast and Furious Character, Honest." but was shortened to "Wheelman."

Kanashe

May 8, 2008
Erm.....What the fuck was this crap? I mean I hated the game, so don't start "OOoo! Yahztee bashed your fav game! Now your angry! Duuur!" But the humor was so flat and boring that I didn't even crack a grin or a chuckel. I just don't get what's with Yahtzee takeing games that are already shit and reviewing 'em, like when he did Halo Wars or say Blood on the Sand. You can't make fun of a bad game, since it's already bad to begin with.

bodyklok

Feb 17, 2008
Nice one yhatzee, keep it going. But please in future don't tells us what game your reviewing before you post the review.

nixomose

Apr 24, 2009
I really like my zero punctutation t shirt. I'm wearing it right now.
I also like bait beat retreat repeat.

ix_tab

Apr 25, 2009
Will this be worth staying up until 2am for, even though I was actually baking a cake, and the new ZP is just the accidental delicious late night topping on said cake?

Oh Vin Diesel, and his strange love of goggles.

Good work Yahtzee, and the sleep deprivation only made it funnier.

solidstatemind

Digital Oracle
Nov 9, 2008
"Escape from Smokey Bacon"
"Puritan High Fivez" (and what is the over/under on how long it takes someone to turn that into a forum avatar?)

I ROFL'd. Since I never played the orginal Riddick, I suppose I should probably give this a rent, since I actually got the impression he thought it was kinda good if it had been its own game, and not just a sequel.

yourbeliefs

Bored at Work
Jan 30, 2009
This did seem like a breeze of a review, almost like he was rushing to get it done. Not the best, but not bad. Seems to follow the general feeling of the game: Remake part decent, added stuff sucks.

My favorite line was, "Assault on Cool Ranch Doritos..."

Jursa

Oct 11, 2008
I loved the part where he put ballerina legs onto riddicks' body. This weeks review was great.

PizzaDentist

May 6, 2009
Not really amusing as I have come to expect. But about what I expected from a review aspect. Not necessarily beating on the game which means it must be okay and possibly worth renting. If I didn't have a stack of FPS's to work through already. Oh well.

jimduckie

Mar 4, 2009
oh goody now instead of wasting 60 bones on a piece of shit i get to buy more beer wohoo tnx yahtzee and also pick up doritos mmm