Zero Punctuation: The Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena

Gxas

Sep 4, 2008
Grifmik said:
Can i just ask? Do you idiots not get that this is about reviewing (or talking) about a game he has played, not to make us luagh, but to inform us on what its like?. He adds humour to it as a plus, its not a fucking video game parody. It really pisses me off when people say "durrrr that wasn't very funny duhhh.." OH NO! I GUESS YOUR GOING TO HAVE TO BUY THE GAME THEN, BECUASE HE COULDN'T THINK OF ANY FUNNY JOKES ABOUT IT!.
Um, so I'm an idiot because I comment on his reviewing style? Isn't that the point of comments on a review? I thought this was to praise or criticize the way it was done so it could maybe improve later. Maybe I'm way off.

I don't think that it warrants me to be insulted. But, whatever, if you feel the need to personally attack me because my opinion differs from yours be my guest.

IamQ

Mar 29, 2009
xChevelle24 said:
Hmmm...he went from Halo Wars to Siren to this? I'm still waiting for Mr. Awesomesauce to review CoD5 so I can have an official link for all the COD5 fanboys to watch :D
Why would he review Cod 5? It's escencially the same as Cod 4.

Kain904

Apr 29, 2009
Chris B Chikin said:
Grifmik said:
Can i just ask? Do you idiots not get that this is about reviewing (or talking) about a game he has played, not to make us luagh, but to inform us on what its like?. He adds humour to it as a plus, its not a fucking video game parody. It really pisses me off when people say "durrrr that wasn't very funny duhhh.." OH NO! I GUESS YOUR GOING TO HAVE TO BUY THE GAME THEN, BECUASE HE COULDN'T THINK OF ANY FUNNY JOKES ABOUT IT!.
I disagree. If I want to really know what a game is like I'll read a proper review. I watch Zero Punctuation for entertainment first and information a close second. You don't read Penny Arcade or Ctrl+Alt+Del for information on games, but because they're (sometimes) funny. If it wasn't for the comedy value then I doubt I would have cause to watch Yahtzee's reviews.
Ditto.

xChevelle24

Mar 10, 2009
iamq said:
xChevelle24 said:
Hmmm...he went from Halo Wars to Siren to this? I'm still waiting for Mr. Awesomesauce to review CoD5 so I can have an official link for all the COD5 fanboys to watch :D
Why would he review Cod 5? It's escencially the same as Cod 4.
Because that game is so incredibly bad that I think it would hilarious to watch Yahtzee review it.

Vohn_exel

Residential Idiot
Oct 24, 2008
LOL, that was great! One of the best ones in a while. And while it might be his fastest ( I don't think it is,) it is faster then your previous ones, an that might've even helped make it better.

puchead

Dec 18, 2008
I wonder: how long can he keep the crisp analogies going-if he strts mentioning space invaders, it has GONE TOO FAR!!!

Rakunko Rin

May 6, 2009
Kain904 said:
Chris B Chikin said:
Grifmik said:
I disagree. If I want to really know what a game is like I'll read a proper review. I watch Zero Punctuation for entertainment first and information a close second. You don't read Penny Arcade or Ctrl+Alt+Del for information on games, but because they're (sometimes) funny. If it wasn't for the comedy value then I doubt I would have cause to watch Yahtzee's reviews.
Ditto.
Copy+Paste Ditto
Some times it is like Yahtzee says Reviewers get paid to talk good about games or its main stream popularity. I like ZP since it is from a game reviewer that you know... makes games, well a few actually. And anyways if you listen just right...you can picture Yahtzee running a one-man Monty Python show. Even non-gamers get his jokes some times...well my GF did.

Sccye

Sep 17, 2008
I live in Ruislip :D

Yay! I feel recognised and somehow slightly special.

Shadowlolz

Mar 25, 2009
i really want chips now.. also i was hearing good things from this game but it sounds like spicy sweet chili athena is getting a rent.

DeadRow

Evil Ghandi :3
Jun 15, 2007
haha, "And before you ask; No, I probably wouldn't say that to your face"

Good review, made me wanna pick up a copy actually :X

The Brian J

Apr 18, 2009
Another great review, and now I want some Doritos.

The image of the imp bouncing around the screen really made me laugh, too.

Firia

Sep 17, 2007
Akurenji said:
Heh, interesting. I've never thought much of the Riddick series, despite Vin Diesel's profounding awesomeness.
For the most part, I agree. I like Vin D (mostly the voice), but Riddick is just more of an opertunity to see Vin D. :) There's a talk show interview somewhere online that has Diesel talking about how Riddick is his favorate character, and how they're going to do another sequel.

Pitch Black was pretty keen stuff, I will admit. :)

Freedon Nad

Feb 5, 2009
Well, since Yahtzee pointed it out... Yeah, Riddick could easily be very cool without being THE LAST OF THE PROUD WARRIOR RACE. Souding and looking like Vin Diesel is enough.