Zero Punctuation: The Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena

Night_Wolf

Mar 25, 2009
Well that was fun. Its about what I would expect from myself if I was reviewing this game. Minus the Sweet Hat, Brittish Accent, and Very good sence of humor. Keep it up Yahtzee and keep breaking and melting faces!

foggy666

May 5, 2009
he said what i was feeling for years but could not express, the fact that in pitch black you didn't know what was Riddick's motivation, and although I enjoyed The Chronicles of Riddick they messed up that aspect of his personality, and that is a shame :\

Wounded Melody

Jan 19, 2009
Not sure if it was intentional, but great reference (or quip taken from) MST3K: The Movie.
Oh, I also liked "Pitch Black". Yay?

Mariena

Sep 25, 2008
Man, it might be because I'm a ditzy blonde, but I couldn't bloody follow it! He talked so fast!

Oh well, better luck next week.

GnomePower

May 4, 2009
Brilliant job. Really. It was very edgy at times but that only added to it's fantastically cynical charm.
I liked it.

GnomePower

May 4, 2009
Mariena said:
Man, it might be because I'm a ditzy blonde, but I couldn't bloody follow it! He talked so fast!

Oh well, better luck next week.
I doubt it's because you're blonde. Seeing as I'm blonde also I got it quite well.
If that makes you feel any better about your hair colour. If not, he DOES talk quite fast. Maybe it just takes getting used to.

GeneralTrivium

Jan 7, 2009
Yet again another piece of fine poetry from the great Yahtzee.

Still, I was thinking of downloading the demo for this over Xbox Live but I thought. "Would it be just the same as the last game?" so thanks for clearing that up!

Negdaen

Apr 30, 2009
There's a lot of comments on this one that are saying he's not as funny as he used to be. So I decided to try to take a shot at answering that with a theory based on evidence. My theory: The games are too medicore lately. Remember the one he did on Sonic unleashed. How he said he has a curb of getting worked up? Well, games that were at the bottom of the reverse bell curve didn't really do it for him either way. This game he kept saying "It's good if your into that sort of thing." and the like. The review makes me think that there are just too many good quality in shitty games lately to truely get a good rant going. I think he needs to do more retro game reviews till something worthwile to bash comes out.

On another note. I agree about the statement the 2nd "Riddick" movie killing the character. Hell, Pitch Black wasn't even about Riddick. It was about a bunch of people having to survive and Riddick was the only character that could save them or ditch them. Ok, it was a little bit about him. But still he wasn't the movie he was more like an unreliable asset.

And if anyone actually read my post, kudos to you good sir for making this far and still giving a rat's ass.

bulletproof12

Feb 28, 2008
well the review made me rethink my views of vindeasel...i havnt seen the 2nd riddick movie because i know it is crap, but pitch black was entertaining. and same with butchers bay.

but XXX, Fast and furious, ridddick. i am starting to see the pattern of him beating off to himself.

Destroy Gundam

Feb 20, 2009
I see the spider tours striking again. But the replacing the name of the game with various chip flavors was fairly amusing. The Puritan joke, however, came out of nowhere, and the ensuing high-five joke had me chuckling for a while.

Can't say that I'm going to buy the game, though. Games like this really don't hold my interest.

The Great JT

Oct 6, 2008
Riddick-ulous would have been totally acceptable, Yahtzee. Don't be afraid to resort to cheesy one-liners. Overall, good review, I'll probably reluctantly shy away from it because I'm not preferable to Vin Diesel.

On a side note, I feel compelled to ask if Yahtzee ever expected to see Duke Nukem: Forever nearing completion, seeing how it's been in "development" for about 12 years.

Booze Zombie

Dec 8, 2007
Sigh... why am I not surprised about him negatively reviewing the Dark Athena part?

Anyway, I guess it was an okay video... didn't really do anything for me.