Zero Punctuation: The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds

Yahtzee Croshaw

Aug 8, 2007
The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds

This week, Zero Punctuation reviews The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds and has a chat with Nintendo.

Watch Video

lassiie

May 26, 2013
It took me the majority of that video to realize that he had stopped reviewing the game....I feel manipulated

RA92

Jan 1, 2011
Your tongue may vilify, but your eyes plead Nintendo to get itself together.

ZZoMBiE13

Ate My Neighbors
Oct 10, 2007
I would like to buy a WiiU at some point.

That point being when it's closer to $200 then $300 and when it has a Kirby game and Bayonetta and at least something that interests me outside of hopping on enemies with Mario's arse.

Evonisia

Your sinner, in secret
Jun 24, 2013
That was a clever way of just embracing the "bash on Nintendo" part of most Nintendo reviews (see the comments for Rayman Origins and the Mario game it was tied with), or the review of New Super Mario Bros Wii. The discussion of all three sides of the gaming story (Nintendo, Xbox One/PS4 and the PC) was much easier to swallow than the bile of Exclusives Showdown, and I actually found it entertaining.

Since you're playing 2013 games, can you pick up Rayman Legends? Origins was the only game other than Portal to not have a single complaint about it, and Legends is really good. FarCry Classic's out on the 360 now as well.

Rtoip

Jan 15, 2011
Sega also publishes Total War series which doesn't look too good at the moment either and owns at least some of THQ stuff.

Deception: I don't really get the zelda games, maybe I should catch up on them a bit. Not having any consoles may make it difficult though.

Thanatos2k

Aug 12, 2013
See, it's almost like there's two Nintendos. The Handheld Nintendo which makes great games, great hardware, and knows what its doing.

Then there's console Nintendo which is out of date, out of touch, doesn't seem to understand that the internet is a thing that exists, and alienating developers and customers at an unprecedented rate.

How are these the same company? Don't ask me.

C.TYR

Dec 30, 2013
So, as I can tell from the most recent "Let's Drown Out..." and this video, when's that Dark Souls review going to be happening?

Xman490

Doctorate in Danger
May 29, 2010
I just realized: Yahtzee dislikes Nintendo games not because they are inherently bad, but because he does not think on the same "wavelength" as us Nintendo fans. We grew up with The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past and Super Mario Bros 3 (or in my case, their Nintendo 64 evolutions), while he grew up with PCs with adventure games like Fantasy World Dizzy.

Yahtzee is reluctant to write-off the streamlined and unsurprising adventure games of today because of a fondness of that genre's past, sort-of like I think Super Mario 3D World is GOTY 2013 because I'm fond of the Mario games that led up to it. Both of us dismiss A Link Between Worlds because neither of us have grown up with SNES Zelda. Meanwhile, the part of the fanbase that is older than me loves its guts out and has fallen in love with the 3DS.

MoltenSilver

Feb 21, 2013
While I think all the points Yahtzee brought up were valid there's one he said that really sticks out bigger over the others: Games. This console will recover just fine if it finds its killer app. If a new Metroid game came out I would buy that thing tomorrow.

Wait, I should probably clarify that:
A GOOD Metroid game.

It's a sad day that I have to be specific with that qualifier relating to Metroid, but Team Ninja just had to go and ruin it for everyone.

alik44

Sep 11, 2010
I Still haven't even bother to pick up the Wii U. its not bad , just still waiting for the right ammount of worth while game amounts. at least in my opinion.

Aug 1, 2010
C.TYR said:
So, as I can tell from the most recent "Let's Drown Out..." and this video, when's that Dark Souls review going to be happening?
This was my first thought as well.

I'd imagine it would probably just be the Demon's Souls video again, with less word fuckery, but I still want to see it.

N3squ1ck

Mar 7, 2012
Rtoip said:
Sega also publishes Total War series which doesn't look too good at the moment either and owns at least some of THQ stuff.
Sega also publishes Yakuza, which is plain awesome and the new ones will never ever come to the west as it looks like :(

VG_Addict

Jul 16, 2013
Wait, Yahtzee reviewed a Nintendo game where he doesn't totally trash Nintendo? Am I dreaming?

He says he respects that Nintendo still makes gaming machines, and judging by the last part, he doesn't support them going third party, because it didn't turn out well for Sega (he says that Sonic's games suck and they made Colonial Marines).

Is it just me, or have the last few reviews just been Yahtzee getting on his soapbox and criticizing the next generation of consoles? This review, Knack, Killzone, and Ryse.

C.TYR

Dec 30, 2013
Sir Thomas Sean Connery said:
C.TYR said:

I'd imagine it would probably just be the Demon's Souls video again, with less word fuckery, but I still want to see it.
No, he and his friend Gabriel have legitimately been enjoying the game and they talked about it for well over a half of an hour. I'm thinking he might have some more actual commentary on the characters, setting, and such this time.

If not on Dark Souls I, he's certainly said that he's looking forward to Dark Souls II.

Aug 1, 2010
C.TYR said:
Sir Thomas Sean Connery said:
C.TYR said:

No, he and his friend Gabriel have legitimately been enjoying the game and they talked about it for well over a half of an hour. I'm thinking he might have some more actual commentary on the characters, setting, and such this time.

If not on Dark Souls I, he's certainly said that he's looking forward to Dark Souls II.
Oh, sweet.

I always forget he has a YouTube channel that he does things on.

It's like how you see your teachers a little kid and can't picture them outside the school so you assume they sleep in coffins all summer.

Grach

Aug 31, 2012
Strangely though, me and my brother are considering buying a Wii or even a WiiU when the prices drop. Mostly for the ability to have games such a Super Metroid and Megaman X officially and some party games like Mario Kart and Mario Party. Ironic how the less abusive console this generation is the one moving less units.

C.TYR said:
He said in his last video that he's looking forward for Dark Souls II. Can't belive that he finally got into it.

JenSeven

Crazy person! Avoid!
Oct 19, 2010
Yahtzee is actually starting to resemble Top Gear now.

Not so much reviewing something (games or cars) but using the idea of reviewing something to vent their opinions, tangentially related things, or use it as a jumping off point for nonsense and explosions.

Congrats Yahtzee.