Zero Punctuation: The Year in Review - 2008

jboking

Oct 10, 2008
Sweet, some of my favorite jokes and a badge. Thanks Yahtzee, happy holidays.

ps. to all of those that are bitching about this review, give the man a break its christmas and beggers cant be choosers.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
Okay.

I have to know.

WHO is that apathetic-looking guy whose picture Yahtzee keeps using! (Reference the Halo 3 review: "Captain Monotonous")

Is it just a stock photo, or is this guy some bizarre kind of celebrity somewhere? It gnaws at my brain! I MUST KNOW!

*foams at the mouth*

Oh, and Merry Christmas, you Herculean exemplar, you!

DigitalSushi

a gallardo? fine, I'll take it.
Dec 24, 2008
Richard Groovy Pants said:
ColdStorage said:
D_987 said:
ColdStorage said:
and ANOTHER THING!! , go watch the Halo review, Yahtzee never paid for Halo 3.... he got it for free, you know free? (from the escapist) that thing you use to hold up your argument. why don't you email him and tell him he's not allowed to moan about Halo because HE DIDN'T PAY FOR IT.

before I get banned I'd like to say I seriously love Russ pits guitar riffs.
now I get the licky licky brown nose award.
Well he actually put some work into the review, he did notjust go to a website and watch the video; but this has nothing to with ZP anymore - this is about how people who complain about free videos on the internet are wrong.

And even if you didn't complain - you replyed to my original comment; which was to a guy who was complaining.
indeed I did, because your original reply was douchbaggy in attitude, it smacked of elitist statement. I found it ironic that you was bitching at some stranger on the internet over something you like because he was bitching about something that he "normally" enjoyed.
Same could be said about you now bitching about D_987 bitchiness towards the other guy.

It's called forums. We discuss stuff here.
I see you happen to be doing your IRONING.

pantsoffdanceoff

Jun 14, 2008
PedroSteckecilo said:
Huh... clip show...

I suppose even the internet isn't immune, but I will have my revenge!

Edit: Against what? I'm not really sure.
Against clip shows?.. I wonder what genius director first implemented the clip. So he (or she) could rat himself (or herself) a free week with no work.

unrealhacker12

Dec 25, 2008
Well thanks a lot Yahtzee I'll remember next year to go through your rubbish with a shovel and wheelie bin and recycle your old crap, then neatly box and wrap it up and send it to you for Christmas.

Then you'll know what its like to sit looking at the same shit that you have already seen.

At least put some effort in you could of reviewed the new Prince of Persia ffs.

ajk_1989

Jun 27, 2008
i think yahtzee may have this week said "fuck it, its Christmas", which is a little annoying but fuck it, its Christmas. Happy holidays dude, thanks for all the videos so far (except for this one of course).

Sousakuryoku

May 8, 2008
I call regift on this. Yahtzee you could have at the very least had a year in review video. Not a clip collage of lazyness. I frown at you sir :[

jamesc

Jul 30, 2008
Hey, -V-Otix, I meant that he said before that he thought the new one was going to be crap, and since it turned out to be one of the best games of the year(to me at least), he is embarrassed to say he likes it after saying he won't. Either that or he hates it and he's trying to come up with new cusswords...

deathstar2Razor

Dec 14, 2008
Merry Christmas, Yahtzee! I did not really expect a rewiev today, and those clips still make me smile. Good ol'Yahtzee-humour, I guess.

Therumancer

Citation Needed
Nov 28, 2007
Hmmm, well I can't really complain because when I checked earlier I didn't see anything up. I guess it's nice that something was done for the holidays.

HOWEVER, Yahtzee must remember he has legions of adoring fans (creepy smile at Yahtzee) being only one step away from having us sneak into his house sort of like the fans of David Letterman.

Perhaps next year (if he doesn't move on to doing Game Damage full time or something) he could prepare an extra clip in advance. Instead of doing a year in review of his favorite jokes (most of which were quite good selections from his body of work) he could actually sit back, look at the list of games he reviewed, and then pick his choices for year's best, and year's worst. Sort of like his own little 5 minute video game awards.

For example, in recent reviews Sonic Unleashed and Mirror's Edge both got horribly battered. Which one of them would deserve Yathtzee's "worst of the worst" label? Or perhaps he'd pick something like "The Witcher" that he dug into in previous reviews.

For favorite games contenders would be thinks like Saint's Row 2, Grand Theft Auto IV, Fallout 3, or pretty much anything made by Valve. ;P

Just a suggestion from a fanboy.

Oh and if we're going to have Zero punctuation contests, why not give away hats like the one Yahtzee wears to the winner, or perhaps one of Yahtzee's actual hats. If he sweats on it, signs the inside, and doesn't wash it for a while beforehand it might very well become a collectible for Ebay that will make the winner a pile of cash once Yahtzee fulfills his destiny of becoming an international mega-star. Youtube, to the Escapist, to trying to pimp a TV show... next we can expect movies! :)

I'll leave people to wonder if I'm kidding about this last paragraph.... and whether I name Cutlery after internet celebrities.

>>>----Therumancer--->

hoskie

Dec 14, 2008
Honestly, I was expecting a clip show. Yahtzee deserves a vacation!

I'm having fun with the contest though. I still have three more clips to figure out. I could have sworn I was right about #22, but apparently not! D:

Edit: Score! Got 'em all. Good luck to everyone else!

EXPLICITasian

Dec 14, 2008
wow i see a lot of whining... it's not like you're going to cut yourself because you didn't get to see a new review.... i hope

JamminOz07

Nov 19, 2008
Yahtzee, you cheap bastard.

We still love you though.

Merry Christmas, I look forward to many more of your reviews in 2009.