Zero Punctuation: The Year in Review - 2008

Thoric485

Aug 17, 2008
I didn't expect Yahtzee to make anything for Christmas, so i'm totally happy with my shiny new badge.

hippo24

Apr 29, 2008
I would have much preferred a message that says "Hell no, Im not spending my vacation to review games" it wouldn't have wasted 4 min of my life...and I might have laughed.

Tullio

Dec 12, 2008
The Sorrow said:
Yahtzee takes time out of his life to please you lot. He has taken one single break this entire year, if I'm not mistaken.
He deserves one for Christmas.
Jeeze, you guys didn't ***** this much when they re-released Console Rundown.
If I'm not mistaken, he styles himself as a professional games reviewer and columnist. It's his job. If he - or the Escapist - didn't want to work, fine, I don't want to work Christmas Eve either, but a clip show is downright insulting.

Oh, and incidentally, I very much doubt that Yahtzee is doing this review lark out of charity, regardless of anything else

Tullio

JoeNut

Aug 27, 2008
The first time a clip show has been funny since the simpsons put all the songs together in one episode.

UNHchabo

Dec 24, 2008
The Sorrow said:
Jeeze, you guys didn't ***** this much when they re-released Console Rundown.
That was exactly what I was going to mention. Most likely this "clip show" was put together by another staffer at The Escapist, judging by the "non-standard" credits. In the same way, the re-release of Console Rundown likely would've featured the same (copyrighted) music as the original, even if Yahtzee had started using the custom intro sequence by then.

I'm guessing Yahtzee was not involved in this in any way; either he's on the beach sipping a cool drink, or he's in bed with that cold that's been plaguing the world for the past couple weeks. I hope it's the first, and I won't begrudge him either way.

infernovolver

Jun 11, 2008
Meh. I was hoping he'd do something for the holidays, but alas, it's the holidays; yahtzee can do what he wants. Though if I were in his position I'd definitively do something special. Ah well.

Numpkus

Jul 27, 2008
EDIT: Dammit, beaten. But I agree with what was said a few posts above. This does seem like an Escapist produced rather than a Yahtzee produced thing. not that Yahtzee isn't entitled to time off - he is. It's just certainly not a year in review, and while the quotes aren't too bad, some of them are far less funny being out of context. In fact, it'd have been better to have had something saying 'Yahtzee is off this week'.

CrafterMan

Aug 3, 2008
I'm actually astounded at the amount of bloody whinging going on in this forum? I wasn't expecting anything? Its f*ckin christmas guys!

Let the man have a break, its time to spend with your families, he'll be back next week!

Jesus...

p0nda

Aug 25, 2007
Safe-Keeper said:
Somebody had better things to do than make videos for Christmas Eve:D.
Except it's not Christmas eve where he is is it? It's bloody Christmas day and still everyone is whining like little girls because it's not a great review. Where's the Christmas spirit eh? Bah.

Vanguard_Ex

Mar 19, 2008
Fuck it, considering everything else he's given us weekly we can't really complain for this one instance, can we? Besides, Yahtzee has a christmas and family too.

Coolspeedzero

Nov 12, 2008
Safe-Keeper said:
Somebody had better things to do than make videos for Christmas Eve:D.
I totally agree with you ( even if its christmas day for Yahtzee )

Yahtzee just wants to go home and have cake ( sorry couldn't resist saying )

happy holidays everyone