Zero Punctuation: The Year in Review - 2008

Random Argument Man

May 21, 2008
I for one will say thank you for the recall. Even if 3/4 of the people didn't like it, I guess they never thought Yahtzee is human. He needs his rest.

vader117

Dec 25, 2008
In response to the contest...

Dear Yahtzee,

Instead of guessing...
I choose instead to haiku
ways that you're a douche.

These stupid contests,
so extremely typical,
of those that you mock.

You yourself are KING!!!
Of anti-establishment,
for frustrated nerds,

tired of the lame
trite and jaded storylines.
We all seek vengeance

for the grievances
that you so nobly point out.
For that, I thank thee.

So Please! I implore!
Avoid contests such as these!
And rise above all.

(or at least get some better prizes)

Sincerely,
JT

P.S. Happy Holidays!

curryinc

May 1, 2008
hah...almost as bad as when they just posted an "encore" clip of a previous ZP.

It really doesn't work when all the previous episodes are only a few clicks away.

I for one, would much prefer a heads up that there won't be a ZP the next week rather than being treated like a fool.

Dommyboy

Jul 20, 2008
Damn all these first posters with "Oh that was good as, thanks Yahtzee!" It was just a clip show for a contest. Quite a let down actually but at least the moments were quite funny.

Valgarent

Dec 25, 2008
I should finally stop trolling and actually post. Heh, It was a decent video, all of them funny moments from the year.

Like a few others, I didn't expect there to be a ZP vid today so even this one was a surprise and the guess the episode quiz wasn't all that bad. Have fun all those who love badges. :)

Merry Christmas all.

TheNoog

Nov 8, 2008
The end was really funny. I somewhat remember that happening, but it seemed like something new. Anyway. Yahtzee has sex with my mother bi-daily.

KasaiAisu

Jul 22, 2008
#2 had me stumped for a loooooooooooong time for some reason =P

Funny, because of this video im having nostalgia of a few months ago... curse my memory :/

redknight2199

Dec 25, 2008
I was very dissatisfied with this clip show. Zero Punctuations appeal(for me) lies in Yahtzee's unique perspective in his video game reviews.

tooktook

Feb 13, 2008
Because there were no comments at the end, there was absolutely no new input. Yahtzee is probably on holiday and his editors just hashed that together.

Didn't enjoy it at all, I was hoping that the clips would make up funny sentences when strung together but: just a shit montage.

BonsaiK

Music Industry Corporate Whore
Nov 14, 2007
This week's video demonstrates pretty clearly that The Escapist doesn't really "get" Yahtzee at all (which, I guess, is why they haven't been able to successfully replicate his appeal in any of their other features - they genuinely don't know what to look for). Yahtzee's jokes taken out of context of the actual reviews fall completely flat, because it's the context of the review itself that makes his humour appealing, not the jokes themselves.

Also, anyone who plays computer games for a living does NOT need a holiday! I suppose I'll forgive him if he doesn't take New Years off as well...

Mahogany Slide

Dec 25, 2008
brabz said:
Was kind of hoping for something new rather than a retrospective. Would have liked to see "Prince of Persia" review or maybe "Gears 2"
I agree. I have a feeling that he won't care for this prince of persia. I also think that pricne of persia hasnt been released in Aussie land yet. Also has he ever explained his ever present hate for Gears of War? I must have missed it.

Vind2

Dec 18, 2008
Seemed like a nice recap of some of the best clips. But still, would have prefered the blood of some crappy game. I guess yahtzee is only human and needs to take some time off too.

Podunk

Dec 18, 2008
...Wow. I don't know wether I should feel good or bad that I got 19/26 without guessing or checking, right off the bat. ^^;

EDIT: Make that 20/26. I misspelled the last one.

(Protip: There is not a capital Y in it...)

Pietho

Nov 6, 2008
Like every clip show of every '80's sitcom I was forced to watch as a child, this left me feeling unsatisfied and a little disappointed. I can't wait until the "real" reviews start again.

psyk

Dec 25, 2008
roflol little bitches you have on here and Yahtzee I hope to see another clip show or nothing next week in celebration of the new year.

EDIT* All television shows are a click away does that mean they shouldn't make clip shows? Also could I see your work that is of equal or more entertainment value than this.

Miral

Random Lurker
Jun 6, 2008
Not as good as a fresh video, obviously, but I still enjoyed seeing these again. And hey, the contest was fun :)

Or3dinator

Dec 25, 2008
Admittedly rather disappointing for not satisfying our need for new stuff of his but hey, its Christmas