Zero Punctuation: The Year in Review - 2008

MB202

Sep 14, 2008
Well, that contest was pretty interesting. I got everyone except for two at first, it was pretty simple.

lukemcandrew

Dec 11, 2008
brabz said:
Was kind of hoping for something new rather than a retrospective. Would have liked to see "Prince of Persia" review or maybe "Gears 2"
He already did Prince of Persia :)

Kintoun

Dec 27, 2008
Ugh, 2 and 16 are melting my brain, I've re-watched so many episodes that all I can hear is Yahtzee's voice inside my head. @_@

Crais

May 27, 2008
I get the feeling that Yahtzee didn't actually make this video. This seems more like something that The Escapist whipped up for Yahtzee's day off. If you'll notice, there's no quote at the end of the credits. If Yahtzee had actually made this, he would have put something like, "***** about me having a clip show" before the fullyramblotic link. In my opinion, Yahtzee probably had no say in this video whatsoever.

vrmlguy

Sep 25, 2008
OK, #2 was tough. I was able to figure out all of the others from watching the clips and listening to the jokes. I wound up having to brute force #2, watching every video until I found the right one. BTW, that "leper" clue that's being passed around was useless. Here's a useful hint for the rest of you: the clip is near the beginning of its show. How close? Well, if you commit to watching every episode from 2008, you can find the right one in under an hour. :)

Therumancer

Citation Needed
Nov 28, 2007
It's Theru Mancer.

Personally I've never gotten the problem some people have with reading on text based forums.

Also that post was mostly a joke. Apologies to those whom it went zipping over the heads of. One couldn't expect Yahtzee to declare his own "games of the year" because I don't think it really fits his style of review/humor. As for winning one of his sweated on hats, well...

I'm still debating on whether to name this new meat clever that I made a santa hat for Ben or Jack. Perhaps it will tell me it's name after I play a few more games and take it for a walk. :)

(or for the unobservant: Yahtzee isn't that big a celebrity. He gets like 200 comments a week. Amusing to all of us, but it's not like he's Bruce Springstein or something. )

>>>----Therumancer--->

Solnishka

Nov 7, 2008
While I was disappointed in a clip show, it did seem pretty cool that the jokes were atleast edited to ALMOST flow into one another.

RogueDarkJedi

Dec 28, 2008
The quiz is quite silly. It requires you to put in the titles to the games exactly. Punctuation and all. A lot of the answers can be found by searching WikiQuote ( http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Zero_Punctuation ), which made it a lot easier to find some of the harder reviews referenced. I did have lots of trouble on number 22, until I realized he actually uses the saying twice. The quiz wants the first time he used it. The answer is on episode page 3 not 1.

RogueDarkJedi

Dec 28, 2008
Kintoun said:
Ugh, 2 and 16 are melting my brain, I've re-watched so many episodes that all I can hear is Yahtzee's voice inside my head. @_@
Here's a really good hint for number 2:

Think of the hardest video game ever (according to most people). Also violent. Also unfair. It also has it's own Awesome cartoon (egoraptor).

As for 16, it's not a game.

XiZeL

Dec 28, 2008
i just registered myself just to say this weeks ZP was terrible...
now how terrible does that make it..

PayNSprayBandit

Dec 27, 2008
"All in all [it] feels like one of those clip shows TV Producers use to buy time when all the writers have passed out face down in buckets of cocaine."

-Zero Punctuation: F.E.A.R. Perseus Mandate

Just Saying.

Tom Dude2

Oct 10, 2008
I guess all of us have to do a clip show even I someone who has never made a movie in his life... that was good.