Zero Punctuation: Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X.

solidstatemind

Digital Oracle
Nov 9, 2008
"Threading a needle with the leg of an angry spider"

and the run of spoilers at the end...

This was surprisingly brilliant, considering that I could care fuck all about HAWX

Livi70590

May 14, 2008
I agree with Yahtzee, the game is fun. Sure it's immensely flawed, but you can skip all the cutscenes and shoot people out of the sky at mach 2 with missiles. And that is why I'll always love flight games.

puchead

Dec 18, 2008
THATS right you nerds-go and vote for The Escapist for the webby, as Yahtzee so rightfully reminded us.

Go on.....

I'll wait for you....

Have you done it? GOOD, everyone round my house for cake and strongbow!

Jack and Calumon

Digimon are cool.
Dec 29, 2008
Silly hats you say? Blimey.

A good review, but I'm waiting for a game that is embarrassingly bad, so it becomes funny again.

That or Duke Nukem, that would also be funny.

YahtzeesSweetHat

Mar 26, 2009
Hats off to you yet again, dear sir. Always brightening up my 'Hump Day', you once more prove to be witty, not-a-bit-sarcastic, and a real pisser. Cheers and love to you from the USA

TenthRegeneration

Feb 11, 2009
Not a bad review, ZP does seem to be getting better as of late (Or maybe that's just me).

I did enjoy the "Wearing funny hats!" bit, but (minus the funny hats) wasn't disgruntled insects from the earth's core the plot to gears of war 2?

(And on a different note) I found the "fans" rant funny the first ten times, but am I the only one that's starting to find it getting old? I know it's a good way to sell t-shirts, but still...

SamuelT

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2009
Country
Nederland
You win the internet!

Seriously, that brightened up my day.

Howlingwolf214

Dec 28, 2008
The thing I don't like about H.A.W.X is that it stands for High Altitiude Warfare eXperimental squadron. As acronyms go, that's pretty lame.

BlueInkAlchemist

Ridiculously Awesome
Jun 4, 2008
A Tom Clancy game in Zero Punctuation? At last!

Two reviews in the last 3 weeks have seen Frontier: Elite II make a cameo appearance. Is another retrospective in the works?

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go salute my flag some more before I get shot or somebody sets it on fire.

SimuLord

Whom Gods Annoy
Aug 20, 2008
Press X to make the world safe for democracy---now that's a good new twist on an old joke.

Also, the Webby Awards are a complete and utter joke [http://www.slate.com/id/2216250/] with about as much credibility as if I ran a blog, created a banner, and gave it to the Escapist (or any other website) so they could call themselves "Some Guy With a Blog's Website of the Fucking Year." So no, annoying ad, I won't visit that worthless site and waste my time voting. I'm too busy wasting my time ranting about it in a post that nobody will read because it'll be buried under OVER NINE THOUSAND more comments in the space of about five minutes.

LobsterMobster

Apr 14, 2009
I'm sure that absolutely no one is at all interested, but "Tom Clancy's" is actually a brand name, so no, Tom Clancy does not write every single book and game and movie that comes out with his name on it. The reason why is kind of convoluted but amounts to that at the time he wanted to get his first book published no one really knew what a hard technothriller was and he couldn't really find a publisher, so he ended up publishing with a military press and part of the contract included rights to his name for some reason.

Doug

Apr 23, 2008
I was surprised about H.A.W.X, it seemed from the trailers to be air combat lite, and yet Yahtzee seemed to like it. That whole plot madness section was amusing too, "INSECT PEOPLE RULE!" ;)