Zero Punctuation: Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X.

kaa

Feb 4, 2009
I love how the people say that this video was 'lacking in the humour department' and other such comments are all USAmericans.

Look guys, we Brits don't really hate you. We just like to take the piss becasue were all bitter people in a country where it's always raining. Don't take it to heart.

Mrsoupcup

Jan 13, 2009
An army of insect people from the Earths core? He is right. Most Tom Clancy games have shitty stories but fun gameplay.

Archereus

Aug 18, 2008
Spyalt said:
That was simply not funny in the slightest.
well no it wasn't all that funny right until the insect joke at the end which made the entire thing worth it.

Lenoh

Apr 22, 2009
I had never actually laughed out loud at anything in ZP's reviews before, even though he is quite witty and I love his Australian/British (is there really that much of a difference?) accent.

But that image of Uncle Sam going "D: OI" just got to me.

Good show, ZP. Good show indeed.

Also to the guy that said Americans didn't find this funny: I live in California.

yourbeliefs

Bored at Work
Jan 30, 2009
Softman said:
yourbeliefs said:
Decent review. A little lacking in the humor department but still solid.

On a different note, has anyone else noticed that Yahtzee hasn't reviewed a PC game since Left 4 Dead?
Ehrmmm...HAWX is on PC as well as on the consoles.
As was Far Cry 2 and Fear 2, but I mean he hasn't reviewed a pure PC game or a PC version of a PC + Console released game. Also I'm not counting the Thief review because that was a retrospective one. I'm talking about modern releases.

Med

Apr 22, 2009
kaa said:
I love how the people say that this video was 'lacking in the humour department' and other such comments are all USAmericans.

Look guys, we Brits don't really hate you. We just like to take the piss becasue were all bitter people in a country where it's always raining. Don't take it to heart.
I agree. :)

It's called satire. We've all grown up with Hollywood productions anyway.

BonsaiK

Music Industry Corporate Whore
Nov 14, 2007
Spoilers in this review is acceptable because no-one plays Tom Clancy games anymore anyway.

Lenoh

Apr 22, 2009
Teron16 said:
wait.. some of you people actually take yahtzee's game advice?
he has terrible taste you morons.. BAAAA
Like you're any better?
Animate me up a 5+ minute game review using naught but three colors and some clipart and make it funny.
Come on now, we're all waiting for that groundbreaking game review.

teuc

Apr 22, 2009
citizen kane, soylent green, planet of the apes, sixth sense, usual suspects, crying game.. and now HAWX.

sir-schmoopy

Apr 16, 2009
Yahtzee has saved me so much money! his game reviews are not only funny as fuck but right on the money all the time! another top notch review

Shadowlolz

Mar 25, 2009
Wuth Silly Hats Was the only funny part, other than that it was a review. so nice work there you calapigeon superman!

The Brian J

Apr 18, 2009
I don't know why, but I absolutely love the line "By the time you see one, it's already over there". And the picture of Uncle Sam yelling "OI" made me laugh. And, of course, the credits sequence with the endless spoilers.

Another great review from Yahtzee.

Farson89

Apr 16, 2009
Another solid review from Yahtzee, although now I keep wondering what film the final spoiler was from.

megapenguinx

Jan 8, 2009
Near the end before the silly hats comment, I thought the video froze again. But you're right it is all about the timing lol. As for H.A.W.X I've been hearing so many mixed reviews about this game that I'm still can't make heads or tails of it.
Farson89 said:
Another solid review from Yahtzee, although now I keep wondering what film the final spoiler was from.
The Crying Game

Falseprophet

Jan 13, 2009
Clancy probably doesn't write any games but the plot sure sounds like one of his: the villains are foiled by doing something completely idiotic that makes absolutely no sense.

What does a PMC possibly gain by declaring open warfare against the government of their most lucrative employer!? How does that make more sense than just paying off the elected officials you need to promote the laws and policies you want?

The Hunt for Red October was a good book that was made into a good movie, but since then, Clancy's novels have gotten progressively bad. Especially since the end of the Cold War.