Zero Punctuation: Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X.

PhiMed

Nov 26, 2008
Farson89 said:
Another solid review from Yahtzee, although now I keep wondering what film the final spoiler was from.
Sleepaway camp... or The Crying Game. Take your pick.

Captain Gamer

Apr 5, 2009
Yahtzee said:
... it would have been more credible if the villains had been an army of disgruntled insect people from the earth's core!
Oh no you didn't.

Human and disgruntled insect person from the earth said:
*Stare at Yahztee, in disbelief that he actually went there, or waiting for a punchline, probably both*
... Oh yes you did.

Yahtzee said:
... WITH SILLY HATS!
I am setting aside $70 USD just in case this ever happens.

TheSchaef

Feb 1, 2008
Definitely The Crying Game. I'll be amazed if more than seven viewers of this show have seen Sleepaway Camp.

The spoiler placards at the end was definitely the high point of this episode. Well done, you!

runtheplacered

Oct 31, 2007
Lenoh said:
Teron16 said:
wait.. some of you people actually take yahtzee's game advice?
he has terrible taste you morons.. BAAAA
Like you're any better?
Animate me up a 5+ minute game review using naught but three colors and some clipart and make it funny.
Come on now, we're all waiting for that groundbreaking game review.
What does making a review that is a carbon copy of someone else's work have to do with taking his game advice seriously?

I actually agree. Why would you ever take any of these reviews to heart? They're hilarious and fun to watch. But, just as Yahtzee pointed out in this very video, if it's not funny, it's not worth mentioning in his review.

Although I have no idea if he has good or bad tastes. That's irrelevant.

Laerid

May 29, 2008
teuc said:
citizen kane, soylent green, planet of the apes, sixth sense, usual suspects, crying game
Aah I've been looking for someone that comments on the spoilers !!

I didn't have soylent green and crying game, somebody said there was a gears of war reference in there, I thought it was maybe 'girl has a penis'.

Great review, HAWX looks promising, HAWX 2 will surely be awesome.

TreborQ

Dec 24, 2008
Woooo, Cerne Giant on his image of Google maps, i live near that penis swinging monster. Big up the Dorset Massive, Whose with me....

[Tumbleweed]

Feb 23, 2009
Awww. I wish he had gone "Tom Clancy's Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X by Tom Clancy."

Like in the Jericho review. That would have cracked me up so bad.

Still awesome though, as I said before.

BlueInkAlchemist

Ridiculously Awesome
Jun 4, 2008
PhiMed said:
Agreed... your point? Oh, I get it. So I have to love Rush Limbaugh to get tired of having the same "we hate America" joke run over and over. Good point, and quite an excellent straw man you've constructed, sir.

I voted for Kerry and Obama. I still love my country.
My point was actually that unlike the arguments of either Rush or Yahtzee (or, for that matter, you or I), the sides in the argument are rather fair and balanced.

For the record, I voted the same way you did, and trying to point out that the ultra-pro and semi-anti America voices doesn't mean I suddenly hate America. At least we can say these things without getting dragged into the street and shot. In most places.

Ryuzaki

The Public Face of L
Nov 5, 2008
A great review Yahtzee, you certainly make my Wednesdays. Interesting game, but it sounds as if it may not be as good as other flying combat simulators. May rent it though.

ahpuch

Mar 19, 2009
Another beautiful phrase: "That's not just idle fact it's called hard speculation". I'll probably use that someday. :)

yourbeliefs said:
Who's the "Scara Mango" person he references at about the 3:58 mark?
Man with Golden Gun. A Roger Moore era James Bond Movie with Cristopher Lee as the villian Scaramanga.

Volcanus

Feb 21, 2009
love it when he makes fun of american jingoism, just hilarious. You sir ought to be a full time political satirist.

Hollso

Apr 21, 2009
Thanks Yahtzee. I was planning on getting this game anyway. I'll join you in the gaming wilderness.
The story of HAWX sounds like the current 24...

NOOBSAUCE

Feb 5, 2009
zomg entire ending was full of so much win I think I crapped my pants

"...with silly hats" = lulz

sgtshock

Feb 11, 2009
"This isn't just idle fact, this is cold, hard speculation!"

Good review, though I don't see why everyone seems to think we Americans are begging for glories past. Sometimes a story calls for an huge epic war, and any huge war in this day and age would probably involve America. Unless you'd rather they just set it in WWII again?