Zero Punctuation: Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X.

Aptspire

Mar 13, 2008
...Yeah, I think I'll just stick to the old AC6...
you know...for the whole 'non-insane POV' thing
also, its multiplayer is challenging
but yeah, good review nontheless

_Janny_

Mar 6, 2008
I actually just finished watching "Usual Suspects", so I'm glad I didn't get spoiled about Keyser Soze xD Looks like Yahtzee was pissed at someone since he just spewed all those movie spoilers...

PhiMed

Nov 26, 2008
BlueInkAlchemist said:
My point was actually that unlike the arguments of either Rush or Yahtzee (or, for that matter, you or I), the sides in the argument are rather fair and balanced.

For the record, I voted the same way you did, and trying to point out that the ultra-pro and semi-anti America voices doesn't mean I suddenly hate America. At least we can say these things without getting dragged into the street and shot. In most places.
I didn't accuse you of hating America.

I wasn't even substantially accusing Yahtzee.

My only point is that whenever my favorite video game reviewer covers a military-based game set in a time period some time between 1700 and 2500, I've started to roll my eyes even before he starts because I know that at least 40% of the review is going to be devoted to what a bunch of flag-waving, fat, uneducated, walking erections he thinks Americans are. I'm never disappointed.

He had some valid points at first (I believe he first went on this tangent around the time MOH: death by parachutes or whatever the hell it was called and COD 4 came out), but it's getting repetitive and old to the point of being mean-spirited piling-on now.

It's gotten to where that it seems like he's reviewing a lot of these games (Army of Two? WTF?) just for the opportunity to talk about America, and venturing off into this territory while reviewing some games for which the side-trip seems inappropriate (Prince of Persia? Perhaps my geography is a bit off, but isn't Montreal in Canada?).

All in all, I was a little irritated, and I thought I'd use the opportunity to voice my mild frustration while simultaneously making a scatological funny about his mom. Thanks for taking the piss out of me and diverting the conversation. At least I was talking about the content of the review when I made my original post.

ikari_matt

Aug 19, 2008
preaty nice video is nice to see yathzee enjoying him self for a while its been a while since he admitted he liked something and enjoy a game

Lord_Seth

Jun 19, 2008
This was a pretty good review, and quite funny, and I liked the "everyone knows it already" spoilers at the end (but c'mon, nothing about Darth Vader being Luke's father? Or maybe that one is too easy to do...)

The plot of the game, at least as Yahtzee described it (the private military contractors attacking the United States) seemed fairly reminiscent of the newest season of 24...

RTR

Mar 22, 2008
Great timing Yahtzee.
BTW, I had made a commitment to avoid any kind of spoilers of any of my interedts from now on. Thankfully, you didn't spoil anything for me

Hemothorax

Mar 27, 2009
Loved the spoilers at the end, but what does 'it was Earth all along' refer to?

Anyway, great review, I probably will like the game... but I'll pass anyway :)

slabomeat

Apr 8, 2009
good review, i was torn whether or not to buy hawx, mostly becouse the name is dumb, and now im not going to buy it.

Mozillo

Apr 22, 2009
I've never seen the appeal of H.A.W.X. Not to be offensive, but I just saw it as a game for the sort of person *cough* American *cough* who is far too proud of their army for going into a peaceful country (or a country that is in a feud that has nothing to do with America) and then back handing everyone they see that isn't American or in the UN.
But yeah, I think the whole... Giant Jet plane dog fight thing... It wouldn't work unless the fights were completely linear as in, they were going straight forward... because those sort of things aren't known for being super easy to maneuver over a short space and stuff....

bawkbawkboo1

Nov 20, 2008
Funny review as always. I think I'll rent this game for the solo player, but I really doubt its worth purchasing (judging by this and several other reviews, as well as gameplay vids etc.)