Zero Punctuation: Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X.

Destroy Gundam

Feb 20, 2009
The parachuting desks bit was hilarious, as were the planes with the devil horns on them.

But I'm still going to stick with the Ace Combat series...or maybe not.

Tempist

Apr 13, 2009
I mean...I have H.A.W.X i didn't like it that much (I thought campain missions were terrible) but thats most likely becaus i'm used o playing things like ace combat

KiKiweaky

Aug 29, 2008
nice review the speed diference in the planes almost made me fall off my chair ;D I now know why i love wednesdays

jebussaves88

May 4, 2008
I really enjoyed HAWX. It was the best excuse since Freespace 2 and maybe one of the Rogue Squadron sequels to jump into something large and pointy and fly and shoot at shit. The story was enough to drive the thing at least, however unplausible one might consider it. Perhaps this positive review from the Yahtz will drive more people to pick up this game, like they did Painkiller, cos Gaud knows it deserves some bloody praise.

KingPiccolOwned

Jan 12, 2009
I don't know if Yahtzee knew it or not, but he just refferenced Gears of War at the end. Because anyone who knows a damn about the Locust knows that they aren't a bunch of aliens, they are disgruntled insect people from the core of the Earth. That's Epic's definition of them anyways, and considering they made the Locust I am inclined to agree with them.

Captain Schpack

Apr 22, 2009
These help me choose what games to buy but also make me laugh by arse off. The H.A.W.X. acronym is pretty ame thoguh. Thanks Yahtzee

FinalValkyrie

Mar 11, 2009
The spoilers in the credits were the funniest thing.

The Usual Suspects was one of my favorite movies of all time, too.

The Great JT

Oct 6, 2008
I'm not entirely sold on H.A.W.X. being worth my time. The only flight combat game I have any experience with is MIG-29 Fighter Pilot back on the Sega Genesis (and in retrospect I have no clue how I came about getting it or why it was cool to me to begin with) aand I was never any good at it. Flight sims aren't my thing, so I'm gonna remain skeptical about this one.

Micvic709

Mar 18, 2009
I noticed he said you can fly in twenty some planes.

They are similar, but i think there are in fact atleast 40ish. If not there are definately thirty

WellyPWNS

Jan 17, 2009
What the hell first off all he makes Saints row 2 his game of the year last year now says tom clancy hawks is a good game don't think i can say any part of his review is serious any more

ravensshade

resident shadow
Mar 18, 2009
planet of the apes
Hemothorax said:
Loved the spoilers at the end, but what does 'it was Earth all along' refer to?

Anyway, great review, I probably will like the game... but I'll pass anyway :)
planet of the apes

the she has a willy(penis) reference i didn't catch

jafroboy

Mar 11, 2009
This review reminds me of the medal of honour one :)
The hilariously affronted americans (no offence to americans who actually have a sense of humour)on that thread should have known they couldn't censor Yahtzee! :[]

L4Y Duke

Nov 24, 2007
Am I the only one who gets excited when Yahtzee says "But then..." in one of these? It's rather entertaining to see the game facepalm itself.

Oh, and great review. I'm a fan of the Ace Combat series, and I will definately check out HAWX now.