Zero Punctuation: Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X.

alf1985

Oct 7, 2008
Spyalt said:
That was simply not funny in the slightest.
I guess we will all have to go watch your exremely popular and award winning videos. Oh yeah, you don't have any. Where in the hell do all of you insulting dumbasses come up with the idea that just because you have rights to free speech that you're smart enough to utilize them? For that matter, who the hell wants to read shit like that. Ooh, you have an opinion. Big damn deal. You are only showing an amount of ignorance by stating anything of the like. I'm not sure you are an idiot, but by this post the only reasonable conclusion on my part is that you are one. No hard feelings, but just keep your stupidity to yourself and quit pissing me off!

sooperg

Feb 25, 2009
i like the joke at the end. my cousins do not understand the great humour skills that are those of Yahtzee!!! as for the post about the fan rant i agree. but why sit around waiting for the movie to end when you could be watching more yahtzee? i do have an idea for it though. you could say, " fanbase, (picture of fans in a bunker) fans, (duh) i have all of these and you can prove your one of my worshippers by buying a Zero Punctuation T-shirt.

DubMan

Nov 17, 2008
Your Wild Zero reference at the very end gave me a whole new level of respect for you.

Edit: It was actually a Crying Game reference. Crap.

CuddlyCombine

Sep 12, 2007
PhiMed said:
Please, Yahtzee, do all of us in America a favor and stop reviewing games that involve American international relations, or at least stop editorializing on their politics. We know the rest of the world hates us, and we're tired of hearing about it. It's not amusing or comical when you rant against America anymore. It's just as vitriolic and bile-stained as your mom after her weekly two girls one cup reenactment.
We do love Americans, though! Without you guys there would be nobody to compare ourselves with when we feel bad. Just kidding, not all Americans are bad, but your foreign policy advisors are all out to lunch, it seems.

As for the review; as always, funny. I don't understand how people have trouble understanding Yahtzee, as his enunciation is fine and clear (though I may be used to Aussies speaking quickly due to living with them). Gotta say, I enjoy that he points out both the good and the bad evenly so that you can form your own opinion.

Stewie Plisken

Jan 3, 2009
Great review, top to bottom. I've denounced the Clancy games, save for the occasional Splinter Cell playthrough whenever I've grown tired of Thief and MGS. I still might check this one out, though, since the Ace Combat series defected to the 360.

mike1921

Oct 17, 2008
WellyPWNS said:
What the hell first off all he makes Saints row 2 his game of the year last year now says tom clancy hawks is a good game don't think i can say any part of his review is serious any more
Saints row2 kicked ass.

Lord_Panzer

Impractically practical
Feb 6, 2009
I must say this caught me off guard. I too thought this was an enjoyable game, but I really did not think he would have such praise for it. It's just so... uncharacteristic.

TheECP

Nov 1, 2007
The US is so easy to pick on isn't it? It'll pass eventually, lol.

Awesome review though!

Schizzy

Oct 9, 2008
A mostly positive review?

He must slipping, Yahtzee is :p

In any case, I didn't enjoy the demo for HAWX, and wrote an ill advised rant-poll here on Escapist... of which I'm extremely embarrassed about, now that I think about it.

Anyhow, I probably didn't enjoy it cause I'm a flight simulation purist - every flight simulator MUST be played with a joystick!

Samurai Goomba

Oct 7, 2008
I loved all the little spoilers at the end, although I would have been beyond mad if he had done that before I finished watching The Usual Suspects.

I've been hearing a lot of generally positive reviews for Hawx from multiple sources, so maybe it's a good game. It's also possible that Yahtzee's relative inexperience with the genre has caused him to overrate the game. We all tend to think in our first significant foray into a new genre that the game we're playing is better than it really is. I'm guilty of this myself, because I think Project Snowblind is awesome (and it was the first FPS I'd played since the days of Perfect Dark, and it got me back into the genre.)

unacomn

Mar 3, 2008
I can guarantee that the story was imposed by Tom Clancy. Hawx is made in Romania, we dislike americans :\

Seamus8

Mar 26, 2008
Lovvvvvved the review, even and maybe especially even the rants on U.S... and I'm U.S. military :p