Zero Punctuation: Tomb Raider Anniversary

ZippyDSMlee

Sep 1, 2007
BTW photo bucket runs a free video service last I checked you have more control over it than youtube its something to look at at this point and time anythign is better than the current single vid only setup.

prehaps a download the video option since streaming protection is cracked weekly and rather pointless to use to start with.

Befor I forget, remakes can be good if they treat the old IP with some respect Wild arms Alter F whatever is not so bad altho its been dcked with, I hate needless changes in remakes either make a updated port and offer user options where you can adjust it to your liking to whatever crack smoked version the director is making or simply don't remake it...

FF3 is a nice remake ,I'd love to see 4 and 6 done in FF10/FF12 style tho not the uber chibi DS style....

All time worst remake that had a chance of greatness for me are the Lunar remakes they gutted and spat on the gameplay, weapons and spells to dumb it down to a FF game fcking sad....Lunar is still a 11 for me and the remakes barely make 7 each.....

Russ Pitts

The Boss of You
May 1, 2006
I know some of you are still experiencing issues with the video player. We're working on it and so is our video system provider.

If you're having trouble, drop us a line and let us know what the issue is. I would ask, however, that you please not try to solve the problem for yourself and others by posting these videos to YouTube. That's a violation of our copyright. We offer the videos for free. If you enjoy them please enjoy them here, where we can generate ad money which will allow us to keep making more of them.

Most of the people reading this message probably already know all of this. I'm speaking to the rare few who don't and think they aren't hurting anyone by stealing our stuff. Guess what? You're wrong. We're not a big, faceless corporation here, guys. We're a small company made up of gamers and freaks just like you, and if you steal our stuff, it makes it harder for us to keep making it. I'm not sure I can put it any more simply than that.

In any case, YouTube is respectful of our rights even if some folks aren't. Every video posted there will be taken down. Our pages will not. Draw your own conclusions.

For issues with the video system, please send me an email and let me know what operating system you're using, what browser you're using and what your problem is. We're working with the provider to iron out the bugs and the extra info really helps.

[email protected]

Those of you experiencing the "blank page" error might want to try installing the latest version of Flash here: http://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/

Sep 9, 2007
I really can't see the video. I feel really stupid and it's probably something really obvious but I can't seem to figure it out. Csn one of you youngsters tell me how this works. lol?

Myuki [deprecated]

Sep 16, 2007
Have been following since the first one, but decided I had to finally find my voice... or rather... my fingers. And a keyboard... and words to form rather simplistic sentences. I will always look forward to Wednesdays to see the new review.

Brilliant.

TenchyMuyo2

Sep 19, 2007
Heh, the T.A.R.D.I.S makes a brief cameo there.
I only played the 1st game, but I saw the rest played on friends' computers. Just like you said, it all pretty much seemed the same to me. Camera angle-based games can be quite the pain sometimes. One has only to look at Star Wars Episode One. Going back further, Bioforge made for some tedious game play due to the camera, albeit a static camera.

Morghus

Aug 14, 2007
I had a small stint at it, and I was thinking pretty much what you said, although there's something magical to a british accent ranting it off at a high tempo that makes me border on giggling. Uncontrollably at that.

I didn't enjoy the game at all. It felt like a simple redo of previous games, just dumbed down and simplified ( not to the degree Oblivion was, but I won't start on that here ). Whether they be Prince of Persia or Tomb Raider, and for some reason that made me feel cheated to the point where I put the game away and hid in a corner to sulk, it made me feel like I had done all of it before.

I'm glad others share some of the same views as me, though perhaps not as disappointed as me.

ZippyDSMlee

Sep 1, 2007
Russ Pitts said:
I know some of you are still experiencing issues with the video player. We're working on it and so is our video system provider.

If you're having trouble, drop us a line and let us know what the issue is. I would ask, however, that you please not try to solve the problem for yourself and others by posting these videos to YouTube. That's a violation of our copyright. We offer the videos for free. If you enjoy them please enjoy them here, where we can generate ad money which will allow us to keep making more of them.

Most of the people reading this message probably already know all of this. I'm speaking to the rare few who don't and think they aren't hurting anyone by stealing our stuff. Guess what? You're wrong. We're not a big, faceless corporation here, guys. We're a small company made up of gamers and freaks just like you, and if you steal our stuff, it makes it harder for us to keep making it. I'm not sure I can put it any more simply than that.

In any case, YouTube is respectful of our rights even if some folks aren't. Every video posted there will be taken down. Our pages will not. Draw your own conclusions.

For issues with the video system, please send me an email and let me know what operating system you're using, what browser you're using and what your problem is. We're working with the provider to iron out the bugs and the extra info really helps.

[email protected]

Those of you experiencing the "blank page" error might want to try installing the latest version of Flash here: http://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/
Keep nawing away at it hopeful they can get it running better this year but until then is it really so hard to use youtube as a alternative, they have shown they will smite any unlawful posts of them altho the trouble still stands of pipeing ad rev to the pages and thats always a pain to balance out.

Have you looked at places like photobukect,if your album is set to private only links to the picture will work thus making it perfect as a backup because only the link from the video page will show it its not like youtube where you can search for a video and watch it.

Oh well if there is no alternative one can only wait I guess.

penischucker

Oct 12, 2007
Of course the reason why they remade it is so that pubescent boys can see Lara's grotesquely gravity-defying rack... in 3D (as in more than the old "Madonna" 3-polys per tit).

I've always wondered why she didn't use her breasts as a weapon in the first game.

TradeMasta

Nov 8, 2007
I love that reference to Dune he threw in there with "fear is the mind killer", long live Zero Punctuation!

Nov 11, 2007
Why America decided to remake the first Tomb Raider game? I have no idea. Probably for the same reason why they make the most horrible movie remakes of old school movies. I've played both the original Tomb Raider and this remake, and you are absolutely right. I like your reviews, no matter what people say.

P.S. The last line was the best! "Stonking great tits!" That has become my new favourite line! XD

chenry

Oct 31, 2007
I've never understood why a woman who clearly defies gravity with her colossal melons can't just float across chasms.

Chalee

Jan 14, 2008
Please don't lynch me for what I'm about to say...

But wasn't there an article in PC gamer (I believe) some years ago which dealt with a tomb raider game using exactly the same formula as Yahtzee's review, as in 'promise not to mention boobies, go through whole review, conclude with boob joke frenzy'? Can anyone confirm this impression I have? Can it just be a huge coincidence? Is my memory simply at fault?

Disclaimer; I love yahtzee and his reviews and will gladly allow him to copulate with any future daughters I may have.