Zero Punctuation: Velvet Assassin

jboking

Oct 10, 2008
I have not laughed at a Zero Punctuation episode in a long time, but the end of this one got me. "What is this, community service?"

Rajin Cajun

Sep 12, 2008
A damn good review though the Community Service part made me laugh pretty damn hard. Though the German government coming over to burn your house down if you mentioned the Nazis was pretty damn hysterical as well.

deewank

Dec 15, 2008
Actually I played this game and thought it was alright but he brings out a few good points about the flaws in the gameplay and the outfits

Mrsoupcup

Jan 13, 2009
"Why are the countries that were in the Axis forces making WW2 games? What is this community service?" Lol. This is one of the best episodes I have seen in a while.

Fingerprint

Elite Member
Oct 30, 2008
I genuinely laughed out loud at the end joke about the "community service". When he was saying the Splinter Cell crossed with... etc. it sounded good - or at least like it should have been. Anyway, I'll look forward to next weeks review.

PG

Apr 2, 2008
Great video again.
@Jay Cee: most reviewers are giving this 7/10 or more.

The Great JT

Oct 6, 2008
Axis powers making World War 2 games...next thing you know, an Italian gaming company will make a game called "3D Punch Hitler In The Face".

JTLW

Jan 23, 2009
Ahh, 4 minutes of fantastic-as-ever reviewing goodness.

It seems the main character suffers from Kratos Syndrome, where just seem to be having that little bit more fun than a real person would have when butchering enemies.

Although if she flung swords on chains around and killed Nazis whilst wearing lingerie...

*Wanders off to the 'IDEAS LABORATORY' to develop a "new" game!*

birdman_91

May 20, 2009
lol another great video yahtzee
"get out of 'fuckup' free" card <-- i need one for monopoly, i alsways lose

nova18

Feb 2, 2009
CapitalDave said:
No mention of the horrific corruption of the original source, who's family would not permit her name to be used, when it was going to be so blatantly sexualised?

"Violette Szabo, you see, was captured by the Germans after just over a year of active duty as a Special Operations Executive. During her incarceration, she was repeatedly beaten, starved and sexually abused. Ultimately, she was executed, aged just 23." -

Games like this are part of why people won't respect the game industry as an art form, I would have thought Yahtzee would mention that. (and be more offended)
Im going to agree with you here, I know games are meant to be about entertainment, but any game that references a real section of history with real individuals, it should be handled more tastefully.

Also, I still dont know if the game is GOOD or not. All I learned from that video is that I like Yahtzees voice and he has cool jokes.

PedroSteckecilo

Mexican Fugitive
Feb 7, 2008
The community service line was the only one that really got a giggle this time...

Overall Susan's Review was much better and almost funnier at times.

The Brian J

Apr 18, 2009
"For the Sixteen Hyperbolillionth Time!"

Hearing Yahtzee discuss this, it just sounds like a ton of other game cliches jammed together into one.

Still, very funny review.

Vanguard_Ex

Mar 19, 2008
I dream of a future Escapist...a better Escapist, where retards don't try and bag their comments in early when they clearly haven't even watched the video...

Someday...anyway this was hilarious as usual ^^ Death to South Peak

neuromasser

Jan 20, 2009
Seemed a little bit short. but good nonetheless. I'm surprised that I was online when video was upped, this is probably the first time :p

nova18 said:
Also, I still dont know if the game is GOOD or not. All I learned from that video is that I like Yahtzees voice and he has cool jokes.
Well if you want to know, here is the review.