Zero Punctuation: Velvet Assassin

Bart Wux

Dec 4, 2008
Masterventure said:
The
People in germany talk very openly about the past and it's a very large topic in school, there is probably a better understanding of ww2 and the nazi regime in germany than in the uk and america.
Yeah, I know. I've been living in germany for 28 years now. As far as videogames are concerned though and especially the symbols, Yahtzee could not have been more correct.

Kojiro ftt

Apr 1, 2009
I actually think Yahtzee went easy on the game.

As I mentioned before, I like the game. I also like Violette's hair. While I admit the nighty is a bit silly, it was a good way to show how the morphine sequences tie into the hospital bed.

Moriarty70

Canucklehead
Dec 24, 2008
It's a little known fact that the Italians tried to make a few WW2 games, but all the studios sunk.

Kuchinawa212

Apr 23, 2009
That was awesome. I loved the little community serivice thing at the end with the Axis powers.

Great Job as always

Saacred

Apr 18, 2009
I'm buying you a beer next time i'm in Brisbane. whether you're there to enjoy it or not...

p.s. i hope you're there to enjoy it...

solidstatemind

Digital Oracle
Nov 9, 2008
This was one of those vids where the text carried the day for me. From the German translation of "Everybody can see my bum" to "Still, have to admire the infrastructure" to the "are you our new mommy?" to the outre.

Zombie_Fish

Opiner of Mottos
Mar 20, 2009
solidstatemind said:
This was one of those vids where the text carried the day for me. From the German translation of "Everybody can see my bum" to "Still, have to admire the infrastructure" to the "are you our new mommy?" to the outre.
Don't forget "I'm going to investingate that fart".

Classic review though.

Cosplay Horatio

May 19, 2009
As my friend Robot Torg said, "The game is too linear and nothing special. That's two reasons why it sucks". In my opinion, if you can find at least 5 solid reasons why a game sucks its not even worth renting or downloading the demo.

RTR

Mar 22, 2008
Hehehe...community service.
BTW, how much german does Yahtzee really know?

Ickorus

Mar 9, 2009
Velvet assassin is such a dodgy name..

Wonder if Killing Floor is gonna get a review, great game for what it is but i wonder.

Ickorus

Mar 9, 2009
Pallindromemordnillap said:
I can't see the video...The screen is just black...
I had this the other day, i had to find a different website to get it to work.

Ace01

May 19, 2009
wait, the game was by Germans? WTF, I thought the world hitler there would get you shotgunned.

whyarecarrots

Nov 19, 2008
chase211 said:
Its pretty clear to me at this point that ZP is reviewing the unimportant and forgetable games to please his fanbase that bitches so much when he bashes a mainstream title in an effort to be able to safely burn to death a title no one gives a flying shit about without pissing off fans. What he seems to fail to realize is that it is his very controversial nature that makes him worth watching. I would be willing to bet his review of Super Smash Bros had more views than any other video...and I would also bet his video directly after that got more views as a result.
Or maybe it's because he's trying to play different games to the normal mainstream FPS games that he normally does: he mentioned it on his blog and in a recent video, and I think it's a good thing. And maybe he reviewed this because he likes stealth games (see Thief), and was generally interested in playing it?

jimduckie

Mar 4, 2009
wohoo saved money again which means .... EVERYONE SAY IT WITH ME !!! MORE BEER cause more beer is what we all want , anyway the part about the stealth was spot on , the baby's face was sic but the have a tiger was a hoot plus the end community service ?