Zero Punctuation: XBLA Double Bill

Wengle

Nov 9, 2007
"Also, I think Hitler was right!"
I laughed so much, great punchline.
Best one in a while. Although Castle Crasher's is awesome, and that's a part of that type of gameplay for boss's to try and block your view.
Keep it up at the standard we have this week.

NewClassic_v1legacy

Bringer of Words
Jul 30, 2008
An interesting little romp into the world of arcade gaming.

Although, a notable comment that Yahtzee touched on, but missed home plate for:

Games like Bionic Commando were difficult because they put you in the position to have finite mortality, and forced you to hop, skip, jump, and die in a pit of death back to the beginning of the stage because that's what makes it difficult. That's it. The designs are simple, which allows for simple memorization to fuel the patterns once you've got the speed of it down.

The same way people can speed-run games like Ikaruga and Metal Slug. Sure, they're challenging, but once you've memorized them... That's it, game over, difficulty shot.

So, in short, in review of a review. Good video, decent humor, but not as all-encompassing. Probably because it was cut apart into two games.

Nothing to see here. Move along.

EDIT
Considering this is my first foray into the realm of Feature Comment posting, I must say I'm shocked to find that in the time it took me to write and post this, the comment number had well over quintupled. There were two comments when I started writing this...

Just, wow...

Megaman1222 post=6.72328.755879 said:
for a second I thought he said wind waker was better then OoT, and thought he must have been on crack while playing that one
I... I'm at a loss for words on this one. I personally thought Wind Waker was the best of the Legend of Zelda series, or at least tying up with Link to the Past and Link's Awakening. Ocarina of Time, to me at least, was a large and very resounding "decent."

Why do people hate on Wind Waker so much, was it the cel-shading?

Lupie

May 14, 2008
This review felt fresher and more full of bounce and ideas than some of the more recent ones, so it's definitely going on my rewatch/comb for icon ideas list.

I can cheerfully confirm that I am utterly depraved.

Jenx

Dec 5, 2007
Uuh...yay?

Seriously, maybe I'm just getting too used to this, but this video was absolutely mediocre. There wasn't even a single sequence, joke, line or image that was worth even a smirk. I suppose I should stop watching ZP for a while then come back. Who knows, maybe it'll improve it!

Croaky

Sep 17, 2008
Ah, wonderfull! Again my weekly thirst for cynisism has been quenched.
Still, i'm waiting for you to rip Force Unleashed to shreds.

gigastrike

Jul 13, 2008
Ya, Sunshine is definatly better than Super Mario 64, but Twighlight Princess better than Ocarina of Time? It's close.

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
afrophysics post=6.72328.755876 said:
MaDsPLoiTz post=6.72328.755871 said:
Good to hear some views on Castle Crashers; I've heard a lot of hype about it but didn't really know what it was like.

Cheers.
You might want to try a proper review for that one.
Like, for example, this one: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/editorials/reviews/5252-Review-Castle-Crashers

ZerodMikestar

May 14, 2008
wow no, maybe I'll give you Sunshine over Mario 64 (and definitely galaxy over it)

but Twilight Princess over Ocarina of Time?...that's just ever so slightly categorically incorrect. there's an equation that proves it and everything

it goes along the lines of:

Ocarina = better than Twilight Princess. Simple. It had you as a bloody wolf for half the game and borrowed pretty much everything from Ocarina of time. eegads

rant over

funny chat today yahtzee, always hilarious calling children c*nts because they ARE

mensaap

Jul 9, 2008
well yathzee u obviously haven't played fallout

cause that game still beats every other game anytime, that's made in this day and age! (except maybe team fortress 2)

The Sorrow

Jan 27, 2008
tony2077 post=6.72328.755907 said:
what happened man your reviews suck i could pull a better one out of my ass
Then do it. I want to see your anal excretion top Australia's funniest nerd.

Tony2077

Dec 19, 2007
force unleashed is the star wars game we been waiting for, a game that make more use of the force then any others

greyhairdgamer

Mar 12, 2008
i agree that Bionic commando is a right pile of shite, but Castle crashers is great fun.
funny review as always nazi boy

D_987

Jun 15, 2008
It was a pretty good review, much better than spore for examp,e - maybe you people are getting bored of his reviews because you've seen them so often - take a 2 months break or something and then watch them, I bet they'd be hilarious again.

Nice review.

Megaman1222

Jul 22, 2008
NewClassic post=6.72328.755892 said:
Why do people hate on Wind Waker so much, was it the cel-shading?
I didn't like it because I found it rediculously easy, the closest I came to dying in that game was when I torn apart after picking on some pigs a little too much.

I also couldnt help that being dropped down in a massive ocean with no clue on where to go was nintendo plan to make more money selling tons of stategy guides.

as for games being to easy now a days, lets go back to a zelda.. here are some bombs you can put them to good use. Oh look over at that wall there that has a giant crack in it that looks like it's made out of construction paper. wink wink...

Tony2077

Dec 19, 2007
The Sorrow post=6.72328.755920 said:
tony2077 post=6.72328.755907 said:
what happened man your reviews suck i could pull a better one out of my ass
Then do it. I want to see your anal excretion top Australia's funniest nerd.
use to be but not lately